Chapter 18

{A Month Later}

~Your POV~

Aaron's Currently Recovering At A Safe House With His Family. Aphmau's Staying Her Childhood Home With Salvanna. Ghost Is Still Riding Shotgun With Kim. Zane And Garroth Have Gotten Closer And Zane's Been Nice To Laurence As Well.

Laurence And I Decided To Wait Until Things Have Settled And Everyone's Home Safe To Get A Place By Ourselves. We Just Want To Stick With Garroth And Zane Until Aaron's Back.

I Ran My Fingers Through Laurence's Hair. He Fell Asleep While We Were Watching A Movie And His Head's On My Lap.

Everyone On The Street Who Was At The Lodge Has Been Trying To Keep Their Spirits High, No Pun Intended.

I Can't Help Thinking About What I Said While Under The Effects Of The Potion. How Hurt Laurence Looked When I Said It.

"I Love You, Laurence..." I Whispered.

He Made A Small Sound In His Sleep. He's Snoring.

{A Few Days Later}

~Laurence POV~

I Woke Up To y/n Moving Around. She's Tossing And Turning In Her Sleep, Her Ears Twitched, And She Made Whimpering Noises In Her Sleep. Another Nightmare. Since What Happened At The Lodge, She's Had Nightmares Almost Every Night.

"y/n, Sweetheart." I Said Pulling Her Close To Me.

She Calmed Down A Bit. Her Ears Went Down And She Held Still. I Felt Her Tail Gently Brushing Against My Arm. I Kissed The Top Of Her Head And She Snuggled Closer To Me.

{A Month And A Half Later}

~Your POV~

Aphmau's Back At Her And Aaron's House Now. I'm Spending The Day With Her To Make Sure She's Alright. She's Been Really Upset Since Everything Happened.

I Cleaned Up A Mess Kawaii~Chan Had Made When She Was Mixing Cookie Dough. She Went Home To Get Herself Cleaned Up.

"y/n?" Aphmau Said.

"Yes, Aph?" I Replied.

"What's It Like?" She Asked.

"What Like?" I Said.

"Hiding Who You Are From The People Around You Because Of Your Family?" She Asked.

I Stopped And Stayed Quiet For A Moment. How I Had To Hide My Being A Werewolf From Laurence And Had To Keep Aaron's Secret From Aphmau, Laurence, Garroth, And Zane Quickly Ran Through My Head. Keeping Secrets From The Hurt Worse Then The Transformation Into A Werewolf.

"It's Hard And It Feels Like You're Lying All The Time." I Said. "Especially When You're Keeping A Secret From Someone So Close...It's Painful."

"O-Oh." She Said. "I-I'm Sorry..."

"You're Just Curious, It's Fine." I Said.

{A Few Months Later}

~Laurence POV~

y/n's In The Kitchen Cooking Dinner.

"Need Any Help, My Love?" I Asked Her.

"Nope, The Food Is Almost Done." She Replied.

There Was A Knock At The Door. I Went And Answered It. To My Complete Shock, It Was Melissa.

"Melissa." I Said. "Uh, Come In."

Melissa Came Inside.

"Afternoon." She Said.

"Melissa, What Are You Doing Here?" Garroth Asked Coming Down The Steps.

"I'm Here To Speak With You Two, Zane, And y/n." Melissa Said.

"Well, y/n's Cooking. Knowing Her, She's Making Enough That A Surprise Guest Isn't A Problem." I Said. "You Could Join Us If You Want."

"That's Sounds Pleasant." Melissa Said.

{An Hour Later}

"That Was Delicious." Melissa Said.

"Thank You." y/n Said. "Um, I'm Guessing You Didn't Just Stop By For Food."

"Very True." Melissa Said. "May I..."

y/n Nodded. Suddenly, Melissa Had Brown Werewolf Ears And Tail. Garroth, Zane, And I Were Shocked While Obviously y/n Was Not. y/n Quickly Explained That Melissa Was Born A Werewolf But Do To The Ultima-Lycan Situation Hid As A Human, Same With Melissa And Aaron's Mother, Rachel Lycan.

"First Off, I Really Should Apologize For Sending You Two Out There. I Had No Idea That Some Shady Things Were Going On Up There. It Being Secluded And Abandoned Should've Definitely Given That Away." Melissa Said.

"It's Fine, Melissa." y/n Said.

"Okay, Good. Now For The Real Reason I Came Here." Melissa Said. "Starlight!"

"What?" Zane Said.

"Starlight. That's Where Aaron And Aphmau Will Be Reunited And My Parents Have Paid So That Lucinda, Kim, Salvanna, Erik, And You Four Will Be There Too. It's A Support Thing." She Said. "We'll Bring You Eight After We Fly Aphmau Out."

{2 Months Later}

~Your POV~

Zane, Garroth, Laurence, And I Are Headed To Starlight Via Boat. Melissa Told Me That I'll Be Able To Show My Ears At Starlight With No Worries. Laurence Was Happy About That Since He's Always Trying To Get Me To Show My Ears And Tail More Since I'm Hiding A Part Of Myself.

Zane's Napping Below Deck, Garroth Is Below Deck Watching A Movie I Think, Laurence And I Are Above Deck. Laurence Is Reading And I'm Staring At Ocean. While He Read, Laurence Was Also Almost Petting My Tail. It's Likely He Doesn't Seem To Know He's Doing It But I Don't Mind Though. I Laid My Head On His Shoulder.

"Everything Alright, My Love?" Laurence Asked.

"Yeah." I Said. "When I'm With You It Always Is."

"That's Sweet." He Said. "And Admittedly Cheesy."

He Kissed Me.

"I Love You." He Said.

"I Love You Too." I Said.

My Tail Twitched And Laurence Realized What He Was Doing.

"Oh, Uh, S-Sorry. I-I Didn't Realize I Was Petting Your Tail." He Said.

"I Don't Mind." I Smiled. "A Lot Of People Find Petting Animals Relaxing, You're Just One Of Those People I Guess."

"You're Not Animal Though." He Said.

"I Still Have Fur And You Seemed Relaxed While Petting My Tail." I Giggled.

Laurence Was Blushing And Looked Kind Of Embarrassed That He Was Petting My Tail And Hadn't Noticed.

"Hey." I Said Holding His Face In My Hands. "I Don't Mind If You Pet My Tail Or Ears, You Don't Have To Be Embarrassed About It."

"30 Minutes Until We Dock At Starlight." The Captain Announced Over The Speakers.

I Let Go Of Laurence's Face.

"I Should Go Wake Up Zane." I Said.

"Probably." Laurence Replied With A Smile But Still Blushing.

I Gave Him A Peck On The Lips Then Went To Wake Up My Brother.