Chapter six

I woke up that morning feeling partly hungover, I recalled going to sleep soon after Dolph join us. It had totally slipped my mind that I was supposed to wait for Louis to come back to make sure he was safe.

I sat up quickly the morning sun hitting my eyes violently, looking over the clock that sat there read 8:32am it was still early but by now everyone should have been doing what they were assigned for that day. Getting changed into my 'uniform' and then brushing out my hair I realized that me failing to do my job would have consciousness especially due to Louis being the boss.

I decided to check my phone, I most likely miss the morning meeting. Upon checking my phone a text message from Free had already sent a message.

Free: are you coming today?
Free: guess not.
Free: wait, where we supposed to wait till Louis got back?

(Y/n): i was but I forgot. Is Ibuki mad?

I put my phone in my pocket, once again ah was left alone because I couldn't keep track of time. I decided to go down stairs into my office, mine was on the first floor along with Ibuki and Louis's. The Chief Lion used to own the one Louis has now that was the only reason I got my office on the first. But now my office is right across from Louis, thankfully he never really goes in there or use it at all.

I sat down in the office chair that had faced the door, I  read through some of our old files. Some had been on carnivores that stopped deals with us and ones who started them. We even had info on all of the animals the Chief Lion ate, upon looking at those ones I came across the rabbits girls.

I looked at the picture of her it had a picture day setting I assume they got it from a year book, I read the information on her seeing that she attended Cherryton Academy and was a senior. I recalled all of the events of that night the moment we took her, everything went down hill from there. We lost ten members that night due to the break in, that left us with twenty men.

I started to think about it, what if we never got that rabbit would everything still have been normal then? And then I started to regret ignoring her pleading eyes aimed at me, I should have helped her in all honesty. I sunk further into my chair as a bunch of regrets started to set deep within me, after I was able to convince myself to close the file I opened the next one, the last one.

It was the only copy in this place and I'm glad it was, the file was mine. The facilities name, the number I was, and my birthdate. It had no pictures thankfully, I really didn't want to see what it was like on the inside. It contained all my information everything I wanted to know except for why the facility had me in there, it didn't give out a location the only hint it gave was that it was somewhere located in the black market and even a name couldn't help my there.

The Chief Lion didn't want me to know exactly where I came from and this was the only thing he ever gave me, when I saw all of this for the first time I didn't want to believe it until I saw the number, it read "Patient has a 15 tattooed on their right shoulder" I simply guess it was to keep track of ever patient in there.

I closed the file due to hearing the large front door open, I put it in the back of the drawer with the rest of the files before closing it. I sighed before standing up and walking my way out of the hallway to meet them there. The moment I made eye contact with Free he gave me a look of per caution, I started to make my way over there before I was stopped, "In my office." Louis said walking past me, I stopped and Free started laughing a bit before stopping as fast as he began.

I made eye contact with Ibuki before turning a round all he could do was give me a look.  I assumed it was for me getting wasted on the rooftop of the hideout and also forgetting to do what Ibuki had asked of me, it was hardly my fault. I feel as if this whole time Ibuki is just trying to get Louis and I to bond despite the fact that Louis killed the Chief Lion and Ibuki knew that he practically raised me as a child.

I followed a few paces behind Louis until he turned into his office and I followed right after, "Close the door please." He told me the moment I set foot in the office, I did as he asked of me preparing to apologize for not waiting for his return the previous night. I made eye contact with him waiting to see what he needed me in here for, I could see this look in his eyes that I couldn't read that well, he gave a gentle smile something changed within his mood, "So, I cant help but feel you and I got off on the wrong foot." Louis admitted with a smirk on his face.

I was surprised at him saying this? Why would he say that, "It's fine." I answered at the moment I truly didn't want to even improve the relationship I had with Louis, I don't want anything more to do with him now.

Louis gave me a look, "Well, as your boss I think it would be fitting if we approached these problems maturely." He leaned slightly on his desk, "I judged you too quickly, and it was rude of me. Why don't we go to a bar or something? 7:00pm good?" Louis didn't know why he was saying all of this, he thought too much on Ibuki's words that he said the previous nigh and now here he was giving this human a chance. He couldn't think of a better way to sum it up honestly, he didn't know to ask her for a proper relationship that he didn't want. Louis has made it clear that she was a horrible person for even being associated with the Shishigumi but he needed to know for sure now. Even minutes after asking he did regret it, he was really trying to make a relation ship with her all because Ibuki suggested it. I nodded giving him my answer, "Use your words." He demanded.

"7:00pm is fine." I answered.

Louis smirked again before dismissing me.

~

"Why didn't you wake me up idiot!" I questioned throwing a pillow at Free as he sat in the couch across from my bed.

He was laughing on the couch that I had in my room, "I kind of forgot." Free admitted. "We didn't do anything important, we just made sure everything was going as we hoped it was."  I laughed a little bit as well but I still wished I would have woken up sooner, "Wait, so why did he need you in his office?"

I groaned as he mentioned that I really didn't want to talk about it, "He asked to get to know me better. I assume Ibuki subjected him to it." I brought me knees up to my chest and leaned on them slightly, "He wants to go to a bar tonight at seven." I said as I waited for Free's answer.

"Are you gonna go?" Free asked seeming slightly interested in what I told him.

I looked at him now, before shrugging, "I suppose I can't really deny his offer." I answered him before looking out the window as the sun barley shone through it due to me not opening the thin white curtains.

Free watched as I did this, he found it strange that Louis even suggested a thing like that. Free had only known him a short time and they still aren't close, but from what he could tell Louis didn't seem like the kind of guy to put work into a business relationship, "Why would you go? Seems boring." Free complained, "Also I kind of got the vibe you guys hated each other."

"I not saying I don't hate him," I began as i drew in a deep sigh, "it's not my place to deny him something he asked for, he's the boss." What I was saying was true, even the first few nights we met I told him I was there for anything the boss needed, a friend, a business partner , or even just a driver. In all honesty I didn't think the future conversation Louis and I would have would do either of us any good. No matter my position in this gang I was still aloud to hate Louis silently to myself. I am aware of how good things are going for us which is why I haven't killed him. I'm benefiting from Louis success, we all are. Our paychecks have been higher, we've been getting better deals, and more meat supply.

"I guess that makes sense." Free admitted as he looked at the curtained covered windows for a moment, "When will you be back?" I shrugged giving Free my answer, "Just make sure it's not late, I don't want you to sleep in again."

~