Chapter eleven

-Flashback-

"Why celery?" I questioned him as we sat across from each other in the small restaurant thankfully it wasn't busy there were only a few more people there.

Louis laughed a bit at her question, "I don't know, I've just always liked it." He thought back to when he'd still visit his father, their servant Shogi would make him celery cream soup, that was by far his favorite thing to eat. "What about you?" he asked as he started to sip on his glass of water, (y/n) gave him a questionable look, "Your favorite thing to eat." Louis clarified.

I thought hard on it, I didn't really want to say meat especially not here, "I don't really know." Was the only answer I could give him, Louis nodded at the poor answer I had given him. Not long after that the waiter brought us menu's to order from. I looked at it longer than I should have, I honestly didn't know what to order from it all I ever really ate was meat. Looking up I saw Louis wasn't even holding his menu, I assumed that he already knew what he was getting so I asked, "What are you getting?"

"A salad." He answered once again taking more sips of water, he noticed his throat was very dry. I did my best not to act surprised at his answer but what else would he order? He certainly couldn't order meat here, "What about you?" Louis asked in return now looking at her, he thought it was funny as he studied the genuine confusion on her face as she continued to scan the menu.

I shrugged in response.

"You could try soup, it's good." Louis suggested with a grin. He acted as if I'd never had soup before, at his suggestion I settled on noodles with vegetable broth. The waiter came back after seeing we were talking instead of scanning the menu, that was when we placed our orders.

I looked around admiring the design of the restaurant, "So," I began trying to think of what to make conversation of on the spot, "What was Cherryton like?" I decided to ask.

He looked at me now as if he were debating on how to answer this question, "A nightmare." Louis simply answered.

I nodded, "How so?"

Louis took in a deep breath as if he were begging to go on a rant, "It was a lot of pressure, everyone expected so much from you." Louis felt good telling someone about how he truly felt about his school life, part of him was glad he had a break from it even though he didn't know how long that would carry on for.

"I can imagine." I told him, from what I've heard a contestant to be a Beastar was hard work and you needed a good reputation which I was sure he had there.

"Before you joined the Shishigumi," Louis said the last part quietly just to ensure no one would hear that name, "Did you attend school in person?"

I had nearly forgotten that I told him I joined the Shishigumi when I was sixteen, I shook my head. "I did it all online, I'm sure it's not as hard as it would have been if I attended school." I wasn't lying at that part, doing school online was a hassle I was just glad I didn't have to go to an actual classroom with others. I remember when I first started doing it, at first I was struggling but the next thing I knew I was graduating a year earlier than most.

"It's impressive that you graduated earlier," Louis mentioned to me, I noticed his glass of water was empty now. "I wish I would have known that was an option before going to school." He commented, to him it would have been nice to have graduated by now but during that time he had to go to school to get better recognition and to become a Beastars, part of him was thankful that it was behind him now. "I know I've asked before but, why did you join them?" he found himself bringing up the conversation again, Louis knew that if she didn't want to answer yet again that he wouldn't push her.

(Y/n) thought of an answer that could be considered true, "I didn't really have a choice, I hardly remember it too. But next thing I knew, I was slowly rising to the top until," I stopped myself then not wanting to bring up the past at this moment especially not in front of him. I didn't want him to think anything of it, "Until, I started slacking off on things." that was my best save in the moment, Louis confused expression turned into an understanding one, he understood what she meant.

"Are they why you got into drugs?" Louis blurred out before muttering a small apology.

I laughed a bit, "I don't do hard drugs, trust me." now I was smiling at the question he asked me, if there was anyone to blame for me doing 'drugs' it was Free, The moment him and I started bonding he started trying to get me to do a bunch of drugs with him because he thought it would be fun. The most I ever did was drink and smoke.

Louis chuckled a bit at his own question and her response, "Sorry for blurting it out like that." he apologized.

"It's alright." I assured him. Later the waiter came back filling Louis cup back up with water in which Louis thanked the waiter for. I realized then that I hardly touch mine, I started to take small sips from it. "Do you have a hobby?" I wondered setting my glass back down, I was happy that he was more open with me this time. The previous time we went out together he hardly said anything about himself and when he did it was very brief.

He smiled a bit looking back at his memories when he was with the drama club, "I was the lead actor in the drama club." Louis told me.

"Wow, that's really cool." I told him, I hadn't really met anyone who had been on an actors team before to me I thought that it was a neat accomplishment, "What shows did you do?"

"It was a show called Adler," he informed me. The waiter came back with our order setting the salad before Louis and noodle soup before (y/n). I had to admit the soup did smell good.

We talked more as we ate together, I couldn't help but find the though funny that I was now becoming friends with someone who had killed a person that meant the most to me. Pushing those thought away once more I listened to Louis as he began to explain what the play 'Adler' was about.

- End of Flashback-
~

That's when Louis saw him, Legosi. He was carrying a sack of meat, Louis felt disappointed in the wolf. Even after all Legosi did to make it across to everyone that he didn't need meat here he was kneeling before a kid in the market with a sack of meat slanged over his shoulder. "Hey kid! We said move!" Dolph shouted at Legosi the crowd they had soon started to shout at the wolf to move as well, then the kids mother went and picked him up. Legosi moved out of the way finally, then Legosi finally noticed Louis the two of them had nothing to say to each other and Louis didn't give the white wolf a second look as he began to walk past him listening to the cheers of the crowd.

Ibuki was walking beside Louis on his left and (y/n) was on his right, he was lost in though after seeing Legosi here and he wondered why all of his fur was gone it was a strange look but he could tell it was him just by the way Legosi looked at Louis. He was so lost in thought that he didn't see the Madaragumi standing before them, arguments began to spark that he didn't participate in. "Boss, can we fight them?" Dolph asked enthusiastically.

Louis looked at the other gang now, "Just don't embarrass me. I'll see you all back at headquarters." And with Louis blessing the Shishigumi and the Madaragumi started to get into a brawl in the middle of the street, the crowds cheering the Shishigumi on. Louis looked to his right just to double check that (y/n) wasn't participating in the fight, he didn't want her getting hurt.

"We should leave." Louis told her, she nodded at his suggestion and they walked back to where her car was parked behind a meat seller's building.

After arriving back, Louis stayed with her as she parked her car in the garage. The two of them entered the building together and continued up the first flight of stairs into the second floor. "I'm going to get changed. Meet me on the roof." Louis said once they were on the second floor, he truly did enjoy the time he spent with her and he wanted to have more time alone with her. She nodded at his request departing to her room to get changed as well.

~

He was already there when I opened the door leading to the roof, I took my seat by him swinging my legs of the edge in which he had already done. Without any words spoken I handed him a bottle of vodka and lit the blunt with a lighter, we enjoyed each other's company in silence that night, occasionally we'd exchange words with one another.

~

A/N not me doing two chapters in one night🤭