Chapter forty-five

The moment everyone returned home and half everyone was drunk from the night out, you instantly retired to your room claiming you needed sleep which wasn't entirely false at all. After all the alcohol had made you very drowsy and you couldn't think clearly. Entering your room you shut the door not bothering to lock it, you took of the magenta suit, the color you chose to wear given the fact that Ibuki had now made it a rule that the boss wears a different color from everyone else. You shared your thoughts on that claiming it would make you stand out but realized that was the whole point, you were the boss now.

However downstairs you had no idea of the conversation that was happening as you stepped into the shower which may have been a little bit too hot.

"She seems different." Agata finally said breaking the silence on that subject, he looked around the room glad to see it was only Free and Dolph there.

Dolph nodded then, "She's probably worried about Louis, I know for a fact she hasn't heard from him at all." he mentioned his head leaned back on the couch and eyes closed, Agata agreed.

Free looked up from the blunt he had failed at rolling due to the constant drinking that night, "I'm sure we're all worried about him." The lion said trying to defend (y/n) invade any assumptions were being made by Dolph or Agata.

"Cut the crap," Dolph muttered, he sat up now looking at Free occasionally switching his vision to Agata as he spoke, "We all knew what was going on between them. Her performance is lower than it used to be and she's obviously down about something."

Free shrugged it off trying to act oblivious to the whole situation, he promised her that he wouldn't tell anyone about what was going on between her and Louis, regardless of how much he wanted to randomly bring it up. Free made a promise to her and he would keep it, "I don't think there was anything going on between them." He stated.

"Believe me there was." Dolph insisted thinking about the time where (y/n) and Louis were acting cold to one another for some old reason, not to mention the fact she actually called him 'boss' for a week straight. He remembered the night they came home after drinking and he was passed out on the couch. Dolph recalled how they talked to each other after partly drinking that night and how everything seemed normal. He knew for a fact that they thought he was asleep the whole time, but he practically heard everything and if he fell asleep between words spoken between them, Dolph was able to piece them together.

"Free, you know her the best. There had to be something more serious going on between them than just business partners." Agata said making eye contact with Free.

"I don't think it's very professional to talk about a boss behind her back," Free said standing up leaving the unrolled paper on the coffee table, "If you want to know ask her yourselves."

After Free left the room Agata and Dolph looked over at on another knowingly as if they figured everything out.

That night you laid in your bed not daring to think about anything other than the ceiling you'd been staring at for quiet some time now, you realized one of your flaws was constantly being lost in thought, focusing on the past. That cause you to miss things, things that were important to you or made you happy. Part of your overthinking was Louis, you always wondered where he was or if he was even alive. That's what had been occupying your mind for the past two weeks, all until two days ago you finally realized how unhealthy that was and you missed out on things.

Turning to your side you closed your eyes trying desperately to get to sleep awaiting a new day, for the first time in a while there was far too much space on the bed space that Louis used to take up with his strange sleeping positions, there I go again.

~

"Father," Louis asked quietly as if silently hoping he wouldn't need to bring this up, but he wanted to know the answer or at least hear someone talk about her. Oguma looked up from across the table giving Louis his full attention, "At one point, didn't you have an intern here?"

Oguma nodded, "Well, I've had many interns. Are you thinking of one in particular?" he asked Louis taking a sip of the wine in his glass, Louis watched him as he did so recalling how in the Shishigumi's residence he would always drink wine or something similar. Louis looked down at his own glass that now had water in it, he smiled to himself recalling all the memories when he lived in the black market.

He debated whether or not he would bring her up, and if he did his father would know that he knew (y/n) and Louis assumed that automatically his father would believe she was in the Shishigumi. Louis didn't want to ruin any image his father had of her, so he stayed quiet. Oguma nodded, "You're thinking of the human, right?" Louis looked at his father knowingly, that cause Oguma to nod once more, "I thought so. Yes, she was an intern here, why do you ask?"

He shrugged trying to play it off as a dumb question or something to break the silence between them.

"Well, she was very good at her job for the time she was with the business." Oguma place his utensils on the side of his plate and their butler came by and took his plate to the kitchen, "I recall the day she left, it was hard to let her go given that she was the best at her job, regardless if it was only signing paperwork or bringing things to other workers in the buildings on my behalf. She was also good at convincing people of certain things, she even convinced me on who she was. I remember always wanting you two to meet." Oguma stood from his chair at the head of the table and Louis watched as he turned his back and then stopping, "I suppose you two did meet, she was a member of that gang, right?" He asked looking back at the deer still seated.

Louis was trying to ask his father how he even knew but no words could even come out. How could he have known?

"Like I said, she was good at convincing people to believe that she was someone she wasn't. It wasn't hard to figure out where she came from." Oguma turned his back once more leaving his son there before telling Louis he'd see him in the morning and he hoped Louis slept well.

Not long after his father left Louis stood from his seat leaving his plate there that he didn't even touch and headed straight for his room thinking quietly to himself.

Louis sat on his bed realizing it was getting very late but just sat there staring at his phone placed in front of him. Not long after that night his father went out and bought him a new one given that Louis did end up breaking it somehow when he was in the Shishigumi's residence. Part of him wished his father didn't replace it not having one made things much easier and he wouldn't be sitting here debating on whether or not to call her.

He didn't want to do anymore damage than he'd already done but if he was being honest, he really couldn't live without her or at least without knowing how she was.

Louis finally gathered up the courage to pick up his phone and dialing her number that seemed to be engraved in his memory for the past few months, he waited patiently as he heard the other line ringing but yet there was no answer.

~

You woke up the next morning feeling more tired than usual, the first thing you'd do in the morning was splash your face with water to wake you up or sometimes even take a shower even if you already took one the night before. But today was different, instead you looked straight at your phone, normally when you did this you wouldn't leave your bed till nearly an hour later. Upon looking at it you could see there was a missed call from an unknown number, you turned you phone off not bothering to see who it was before sitting up from your laying position.