chapter forty

There was only one more day until New Year's eve, everyone who know about Louis planning to leave the next night we're either trying to convince him otherwise or staying quiet about it. Louis noticed that Ibuki was more vocal about it only to him, constantly reminding him of what a great boss he's been and how much change he's brought to the Shishigumi and black market as a whole. Ibuki would always try and convince him not to leave or even if he did to keep his status as their boss. But every time Ibuki would mention it Louis would always give him the same answer, that's not the path I need to choose. Now thinking on that Ibuki raised that maybe Louis want doing this for himself the first half it was obvious that Louis was only doing this for a friend. But the rest never made sense, Louis had told the lion many times how much he's enjoyed being their boss and their company and yet he was so willing to leave, but no matter what happened Ibuki wanted Louis to be doing this he for himself and not others.

When Louis first became boss yes he was forced into it, but he could have died then and yet he confided to live. For who? Ibuki wasn't sure. As much as Ibuki wanted to say that Louis chose to life was for himself alone but that wasn't very likely.

(Y/n) was the one staying quiet, by this time she knew that she couldn't convince him to stay but that didn't mean she'd never see him a again, their talk a few nights ago ensured that.

~flashback~

"This doesn't mean I'll never see you again." Louis said as he started into his hands not knowing what else to look at while they were on the roof together, "I don't know what I'll do if I never see you again." He looked up from his hands and gazed into the city lights much like (y/n) did. Before he met her, Louis never caught himself finding such beauty in man made things or anything that much really. But now he finds himself finding comfort in distant city lights and sometimes even stars, all because those reminded him of someone he held dear to his heart all because she found the beauty in very little or seemingly meaningless things.

It was almost as if anything he looked at or studied deeply into there was always something there that reminded him of her, such as books or cards, those were things he'd normally see her with. He remembered her telling him how she was never one to truly enjoy reading but wouldn't hesitated to pick up a book Ibuki suggested that she'd read. Playing cards would always remind him of (Y/n) considering the ways she'd make fun of him since he wasn't too familiar with the game poker.

Truth was (Y/n) was one of the very first people he'd ever found himself truly loving under the strangest circumstances in which they met one another. She was the first and only person he would ever see himself ending up with, no matter where their roads lead her knew his would always lead back to her, he knew what he felt for her and Louis wouldn't dare to ever deny those feelings for her. Their relationship was far more than just young love it was something different than that, his job here began with her though it may have caused her a great loss and now his road here would end with this choice buy no matter what Louis would never allow this to ever come between them, he needed her in his life no matter who she would be to him. A friend, an enemy, of even a lover, just never a stranger. His life with her in it no matter what circumstances, was worthwhile to him.

She had been leaning on his shoulder her head rested nicely as he eyes were shut somewhat enjoying the freezing air they had been seated in, "I feel the same way," (Y/n) nudged him a bit with her head as of to move closer to him if it were possible, "I won't try and convince you to stay Louis, but I will ask you this." (Y/n) sat up daring to look at him in his eyes, Louis met her eyes with his own longing for the gaze she always had.

"What is it?" Louis whispered to her almost in a desperate manner.

She room is deep breath quietly, "Promise me, you won't die or so much as leave that place with a scratch." Her look was serious and had meaning behind it, almost as if she had far more to say but was to scared or hesitant to so much as mention it.

Louis reached out to her in a gentle manner and cupped her cheek with his hand, "For you (y/n)," he gave her a thoughtful look one with deep love hidden beneath it, "anything."

~end of flashback~

It truly sucked Louis was risking everything he'd built here for someone who was going down an awful path, someone who needed to stray away from a criminal life. The last thing Louis wanted was for anyone to turn out like him, so many people needed him now more than ever. Those in Cherryton, Legosi, and the Shishigumi. But Louis had no doubts that the Shishigumi would make it without him, whoever boss they choose all he wished was that they were all treated well and cared for, that they were still offered a purpose without hesitation.

The small movement from (Y/n) removed him from his thoughts, she had her back towards him but was still very close to him with the covers pulled tightly around her. He looked over at her seeing her eyes flutter a bit, Louis smiled for a second. He thought back to all of the amazing memories they shared together, even if it did contain of constant arguing and grudges held between one another for her it was all worth it. No matter what challenge was thrown at them Louis could just tell that they would work it out, that nothing would officially tear them away from one another. As his thoughts progressed he felt his eyes grow heavier with every second.

(Y/n) turned and faxed him, eyes still shut but she loosened her grip on the covers and scooted closer to him with a peaceful expression on her face, in that moment (y/n) was desperately trying to find a way to ease her mind of what would be happening tomorrow and just being closer to him him was the only way she knew how to handle it. She began to wonder how they could make this work or better yet if they would even continue this relationship. She recalled what Louis's folder her a few nights ago, that he couldn't bare to not to see her again when he went through with this. The way he said it and the tone that followed meant so much more to her than a words could compare. Although, she was worried about how the Shishigumi would handle this news come tomorrow night, they all loved him dearly but would most likely take his absence the wrong way. The Shishigumi wouldn't accept him if he ever tried to come back and possibly redeem himself but the things he's told her and what his plans were it seemed highly unlikely. She was nearly asleep and eased of those rapid thoughts when Louis whispered something.

"Come with me."

~

A/N sorry for the short chapter and delay.