Chapter seventeen

I took a shower after Louis had excused himself from the room it was around 11am and I was well rested. Louis and I woke up around 9:30am but the two of us only sat there enjoying the company and how pretty the day was. Those moments flooded my head as I let the hot water run off my hair and down my back leaving a slight sting as well.

In all seriousness I didn't know what to consider Louis and I's relationship as of now, I wondered if he was even seeing it the way I was. But then again, I'd never experienced something like this, I've never even been with anyone before because I was lead to believe I didn't need to. But even now, I still feel as if I don't need someone. I'm independent, I told myself as I turned off the shower feeling the cold air of the bathroom hit my skin.

I looked in the bathroom mirror a towel wrapped around me below my arms, Then I turned around just to look at the number on my right shoulder once more, in some way I didn't view it as a bad memory of my past. To me, it was a reminder or how far I came from that point in my life even though I didn't remember half of that. I wish I knew every detail about my past before the Chief Lion took me in, but then the more I thought about it I assumed it would be best that I didn't know, for now.

Leaving the bathroom I changed into any t-shirt I could find and sweatpants, like Louis said there was nothing big planned at all today. I was thankful for that I mainly look forward to lounging around the hideout.

~

I still don't understand it, Louis had been sitting there for nearly thirty minutes listening to Sabu and Ibuki try to explain the concept of poker and how to win, "Can't we just play go fish? Or something like that?" Louis finally asked them setting his cards down on the table for the both of them to see.

Ibuki looked over at his cards, "You would have won." He told Louis setting his cards down as well, Sabu did the same. Ibuki couldn't see it but he was sure Sabu was smiling under his mask.

Louis averted his gaze upon hearing light footsteps coming down the stairs, he smiled a bit when he came eye to eye with (y/n). She smiled when she saw him then. "Playing poker?" I asked walking into the living room where all of the lions had been watching the three of them.

"Go fish." Sabu answered as he started to gather everyone's cards and began shuffling them.

I nodded, I sat down on the floor next to Ibuk joining them as we played the game on the low table. Everyone else was now seated on the floor with five cards in hands looking at them, "Why are we playing this?" I wondered as I had set two matching cards down.

Ibuki laughed a bit, "Boss doesn't understand poker." He said seeing no matching cards out of the five. Louis only muttered something under his breath in a joking matter, Ibuki gave another light laugh.

"Who's going first?" Sabu asked after setting down one pair, so far him and I we're the only ones ahead. "Boss?" he asked looking over to Louis.

He shook his head declining his offer, "(Y/n), go first." Louis insisted, he was glad they were playing a game he could understand and didn't involve gambling.

"Ibuki, do you have any," I stopped looking down at my remaining cards, "seven's?" I finally asked the lion. He shook his head saying 'Go fish' I did so picking up an ace.

It had been an hour now, occasionally we would rotate players. It was our fourth game now, I had won two and Ibuki and Louis each won one. I didn't really know that I was somewhat good at this game. Now we were all drinking and Louis and I were the only one left playing as the others watched us, Sabu and Ibuki had given up after drawing nine twos in a row.

"Do you have any," Louis began looking at his very last card, "queens?" He asked hopefully, I heard Free laugh given he was seated right behind me after he assumed I cheated once.