Chapter thirty-four

Louis couldn't deny the jealousy he get when he saw (y/n) drinking with another man at the bar. He needed to admit that he did stand and watch them from a distance. Louis studied the way they spoke and looked to at one another as if they'd known each other for years on end. He began to wonder why did this random man earned her trust so quickly, sure he knew what he'd done to instantly make her hate him, but it took her nearly months to even speak with him without the devilish look in her eyes.

Louis followed her out of the bar watching the quick paces she took stopping when her gaze reached the lions waiting. He ignored their obvious stares of wonder.

I couldn't even understand why he was acting so mad, I had an obvious reason to be cross with him. Louis acted like he was her owner and that she couldn't even talk to other people. My plan was to ignore him the whole way back until he had gently taken hold of my forearm.

"You were with the doctor? Of all people why him?" Louis asked as he had pulled me aside from the bar building, the two of us were standing in a dark alley way with no on located down it. By then the lions had stayed a safe distance away. He waited for a response patiently.

I scoffed at his question I couldn't deny that I was indeed still mad at the fact that he wouldn't take the time to listen to what I needed to say, "Why do you care?" Was the only thing I could utter out through half gritted teeth.

He made a face at that sensing the heavy attitude in it, "(Y/n), I hope you realize that you sneaking a round is worrying all of us." Louis paused for a small second to memorize the angered look on her beautiful face, "You can't just leave the group and not tell us where, you hardly even know that man who knows if-"

"What? I'm not owned by any of you. I can do what I want and leave when I see it fit. None of this is really any of your business." She interrupted with a clear vision of anger and a hint of betrayal on her face.

Louis offered a disappointed nod then, "Then why are you here? If you don't want to abide by rules especially mine, why bother to even stay." At this point in time Louis needed her to see the constant danger she was putting herself in and how much she was putting this market in jeopardy, even tonight Louis had heard a handful of rumors specifically involving her that he could probably go home and make a book of it. Now he payed attention to her face, the rising anger and yet her face never moved. It was her eyes again, when they first met she constantly gave him a look with her eyes that was enough to send chills down his spine.

I wanted to say something, anything to him that wasn't false but the way he was acting he would only view it as a petty excuse. "Because I've earned my way here." She said with a clenched jaw, why was he making a bug deal of something so little right now? Due to that reason she decided to give him the same energy back, "You didn't. You simply walked in killing our boss and continued to accept to be the new boss, claiming that you'd make this place better and nothing has changed." (Y/n) studied the unchanging look on Louis face at least hoping she'd hit a nerve.

Louis could only scoff, "Things were changing until you ruined it." he retorted back at her, Louis looked up seeing that the lions must have heard the conversation due to the dumbfound expressions on all of their faces. "As your boss, I expect you to be professional and show the slightest bit of respect towards me so, start applying these things to yourself. If not, then you can leave." With that Louis's shoulder brushed past her and went to back to the gang of lions.

All i could do was keep my face straight and allow my eyes to stare daggers at that deer as he conversed with Ibuki, he was right. I needed to be professional.

And a professional wouldn't be in an intimate relationship with their boss.

~

When they all returned back everyone either made something to eat or began talking in the living room. I went straight to my bedroom not really bothering to close the door as I removed my clothing taking a scolding hot shower in order to clear my mind.

Louis was seated in his room staring out the window, instantly he bang to think that he was thinking irrationally and this time he knew it was true. Sure, seeing (y/n) with another man did make him the slightest bit jealous but he needed to know that he didn't own her, she was independent and proved that many times. Although he was very worried for her safety and he didn't know much about that doctor, for all he knew that doctor could be a murderer. He pushed that thought way knowing that he were now in fact thinking irrationally.

She stepped out of the steaming shower staring at herself in the fogged mirror seeing a blurred vision of herself. Eventually I left the bathroom and closed my bedroom door. I sat myself upon my bed feeling the softness of the covers beneath me, once again I found myself staring out the window pondering things quietly to myself all before hearing a light knock on the door. "Who is it?" I asked loud enough for whoever was on the other side to hear me.

"Louis, can i come in?" he asked me using the same lightness to his voice as I did, I gave a simple 'yes' making sure to pull the towel closer to my body to ensure that nothing was revealing. Louis opened the door and his eyes came into contact with mine and then the towel wrapped around my form on the bed, "Is this a bad time? I can come back later." Louis said now starting to back his way out of which he came.

"It's fine." I said simply watching him once again reenter closing the door behind him. Louis walked closer to the bed and sat down next to her at a safe distance. I turned my gaze toward him watching his mannerisms closely before I had averted my gaze when his eyes came into contact with once more. He seemed to have been putting words together in his mind quietly before speaking.

"I'm sorry for what I said to you, you're right. You've earned your spot here and you do deserve to be here." Louis informed me of this with a kind and apologetic tone. "And, I don't want you to leave." he added.

Even with his apology it still didn't seem all that true with him speaking his mind previously I decided to do the same, "I never planned on leaving." I admitted not changing the now hard tone in my voice, he only nodded at that.

"I'm glad you weren't even considering it." He looked over at he know admiring the beautiful features she had and the dampness of her hair. "I shouldn't have reacted the way I did for that I'm also sorry."

I only nodded a bit so lightly it may have not even been visible by him, I didn't know what to say to him nor did I know how to handle an apology from him, "But why did you?" I asked him finally.

Louis gave a small shrug he knew full well why he acted like that, he wanted her to know that she was worrying him and that in so many ways she did need to respect him and yet no words fell from his mouth.

With the silence given from Louis, (Y/n) continued to speak, "You said to act professional," she began looking away from Louis now staring out to something she didn't know, "I'm assuming that applies to everything, not just showing respect towards you." I frowned a bit listening to what I was saying, my idea was to use his own words against him to allow Louis to see the true damage he's done, "What I mean is that what we're doing now isn't professional," She looked back at him looking at his confused eyes, "us being together isn't very professional." I said allowing some mockery to show in my tone.

She could see the pause he gave off now knowing what his words truly meant to her "That's not what I meant," Louis began trying to fully explain himself except she didn't allow him to.

"That's how it came off and with you being my boss I'm guessing I should apply that to myself." His expression was dumb founded as he listened to every word that left her lips, "Now with those rules plastered in my head. I kindly ask you to leave, boss."

~