Chapter nineteen

Louis sat at the head of the table hearing laughter coming from the lions as they told jokes and old stories to each other, Louis smiled at the other lions happiness. The lions always told Louis how much change he's bought to them, how much happier things were. Louis was thankful that he was far more comfortable around all of the lions, and more recently Louis could see they had been growing more comfortable around him as well. By that time everyone had taken notice to (y/n) and Sabu's absence, they all thought they would have been back by now.

~

"Where are you?" Louis asked the moment I picked up my phone after it had been ringing for a few seconds.

I hadn't realized Sabu and I had been gone that long, "We had some things to do, we're on our way back." Sabu listened quietly as Louis and I spoke over the phone.

He nodded from the other side of the phone, "Be safe." Louis told the both of them.

"We will."

After she hung up the phone Louis turned to Ibuki, "She said they're on their way back." he informed the old lion who nodded in response.

"They've been gone since morning haven't they?" Ibuki wondered freely as the two of them were the only ones seated in the living room, Louis nodded at Ibuki's question. "I'm sure they are fine." Ibuki said giving a light smile trying to ease the concerned deer.

"Wouldn't she have told us where she was going?" Louis asked Ibuki.

"You worry too much boss, this is a normal thing even when she was young (y/n) still did this." Ibuki assured Louis, he really does care for her.

Louis looked more direct at the lion now with a small questionable look written on his face, "You keep saying that, Ibuki."

Now it was Ibuki's turn to seem confused, "Keep saying what, boss?"

He tried to shrug it off even though it still partly confused him a bit, "Since she was young." Louis told recited.

"My bad boss," Ibuki began, "Since she could drive." he corrected. Ibuki still needed to remember to not tell Louis everything about (y/n) it wasn't his place to do that.

Louis laughed a bit at Ibuki's correction, sometimes he forgot that he and (y/n) were both teenagers at times. She acted so much older for her age but that was expected given that she was in a gang. "I forget she's a teenager sometimes." Louis commented.

"As do I." Ibuki lied, Ibuki was constantly aware of how young Louis and her were, he often felt bad that they got caught up in something like this at such a young age.

Louis recalled back to when his life was somewhat normal, he remembered it well given that it wasn't so long ago. Part of Louis wished he never got himself in this situation but now he's starting to realize how it's changing him as a person, without them Louis would be doing something he truly despised. After a few months of getting used to his status in the Shishigumi, Louis began to like it, not only for the power but the loyalty the lions had to him the family that they created.

Ibuki studied the young deer for a few moment as he seemed lost in thought, this deer truly has come a long way. "Sir, I'd like to say how proud I am of you."

The deer was staring at the empty wine glass before him until he smiled a bit, "Whys that Ibuki?" he wondered turning towards the lion with a gently smile still on his face.

Ibuki grinned a bit, "You've changed this place for the better, and you've only been with us for six months. You have done more than any other boss had in a year." Ibuki congratulates Louis.

"It wasn't just me who did all of this," Louis began still gazing upon the lions features, "Without your coinciding I never would have gotten through our first client." Louis lightly clapped Ibuki on the back allowing a chuckle to escape, Ibuki did the same expressing how much that statement meant to him.

"Our last boss wasn't half as good as you sir." Ibuki mentioned standing to his feet.

"I'm glad I've done something right." Louis said quietly.

~

Louis was in his office now slaving over paper work and files that needed to be read over, it was getting late and he couldn't sleep even if he tried. Louis was meant to be reading over a specific file that wasn't in his office drawer, he stood from his seat then sighing to himself. He began to walk to the next office over to see if the file was in there, upon arriving Louis couldn't tell who's office it was.

He opened the bottom drawer in the desk seeing all of the files there, while looking for the specific one on a client he came across a far more interesting one. It was hidden in the very back of the drawer and the name on it nearly made Louis not want to look into it. Hesitantly Louis took out the file setting it on the desk reading the name again, '(y/n)' in small words on the top.

Then Louis couldn't stop himself from opening it then, no one else in the Shishigumi had files on themselves, after he opened it there were multiple papers some stating how old she was and the facility she was in. Many thoughts coursed through his head as he read further on, '15 branded on the patients right shoulder' Not long after reading the first paper Louis began to read over the second one which explained how old she was when she was put in there and how much it was to buy her.

Louis tried to find the name of the facility but it was listed as unknown, he didn't know what to think as he continued scanning over the papers until he started looking at the third one, adoption papers.

~

"I killed her father." Louis stated not even bothering to look at Ibuki, in that moment he felt ashamed for what he did.

Ibuki nodded looking over at the deer who had a small glass of some type of whiskey in his hands, "You don't need to worry about it, boss."

He shook his head a bit, "No wonder she hated me for so long." to Louis it all made sense and he felt terrible for it. He was so quick to judge who she was and why she was there.

"You had no idea Louis, don't blame yourself for that." Ibuki told Louis giving him a light pat on his back.

Louis continued to think on the matter he was lead to believe that he may have been causing her pain or grieve just by being there. Even now Louis couldn't express to her how sorry he is for what happened, she couldn't know that he was snooping around in her office reading the file on her. Louis eyes were drawn to light from the window, a car had pulled in then Louis knew it was them. He gave a sigh then, Louis truly couldn't face her without feeling guilty.

He was trying to be reasonable with the situation, Louis didn't know that he adopted her. He didn't even plan on living past that point.

Ibuki noticed that car pulling in, they had been gone since morning and now they've come home at such a late time. He didn't know why they were gone as he stood from the couch in the library. He looked over at Louis who was still staring out the window, "No matter what, you can't let her know that you saw those files. (Y/n) is ashamed of her past, if you want her to open up to you, you'll need to gain more of her trust."

~