Chapter forty-two

(Y/n) stood at her window, the sun was not starting to set on New Year's eve. She had just said goodbye to Louis nearly ten minutes ago and now she watched from the sidelines as Ibuki's car pulled out of the garage and down the narrow stretch of the dirt road leading into the market, and soon the city. She'd like to think that Louis may have even looked through the rear view mirror in hopes she'd be standing there watching him leave the Shishigumi permanently.

~

"She finally told me everything, last night." Louis found himself mentioning as they drove by the sea, he had to admit how beautiful everything seemed in that moment, how the sun reflected off the water and the sky turned a light pink.

Ibuki kept his eyes on the road and he seemed stiff for a mere second, "Did she?" He smiled a bit, "Good, I'm glad. I was tired of doing all the dirty work." Ibuki found himself laughing a bit and Louis smiled all while admiring the lion. Ibuki looked over at Louis for a second as if asking a silent question, "You didn't tell her that you already knew did you? Or that I told you?" At this point he seemed genuinely concerned of the possibility that Louis mentioned that Ibuki already told the deer about her past.

Louis shook his head which was followed by a smile, "No, I didn't know what to say honestly." He looked back to the view admiring the sea and sunset from his place in Ibuki's car, "I'm just glad she finally told me about everything."

-

(Y/n) was now seated on the couch facing the window watching the sun set, silently praying to whoever would listen that Louis and Legosi would be fine. Even now she was still baffled at the fact that Louis was actually doing this, it made her feel like there was absolutely nothing she could do about it. Given the time between them that seemed to slip away in a matter of seconds there truly was nothing left for her to do, except stay where she was and hope he'd be okay.

Now thinking on it, the whole situation seemed very serious; not only because people's lives were at risk but that this bear they were meeting up with was in fact a murderer. Not only that but, that bear murdered someone at Cherryton which was one of the top schools in the city. By tomorrow she was sure it would have been on the news or maybe she'd even hear it from someone amount the streets, there were two downfalls to that. Either she'd hear about it simply because Legosi and Louis came out on top and survived this whole ordeal, or maybe she'd hear about a deer and a grey wolf being murdered by a bear.

At this rate she couldn't predict exactly what would happen, but based on the few times Legosi and her have met she's noticed noticed how muscular and strong he looks, surely he can protect himself and possibly a deer as well.

If Louis is wise enough, he should at least bring a gun.

~

Louis was seated in the car staring straight ahead at a dark tunnel they were soon drive through, Ibuki hadn't said anything for at least five minutes. Normally when they were out together they were very talkative but for some reason it just changed all of a sudden. "Ibuki?" Louis asked quietly starting straight at the tunnel, it had gotten dark now the only light that was provided was from the full moon, "Are you alright?" He asked him now looking over to the lion.

"These past six months have probably been the best of my life, boss." Ibuki mentioned with an oddly dull smile. Louis smiled to himself not thinking anything of it, "Not only have you brought out so much in the market but those in the Shishigumi, including myself. I want to thank you for that." By that time they were now driving through the tunnel, and the first thing Louis realized was that the tunnel didn't have any lights inside, that and Ibuki didn't turn the brights on for the car. Louis wanted to point it out but decided against it remembering that carnivores such as Ibuki could see in the dark.

Louis drew in a deep breath, "Ibuki?" he called out quietly at this rate he couldn't see the end of the tunnel nor tell whether or not the car had been stopped, pushing that aside Louis didn't wait for an answer from Ibuki. "When I'm gone I want you to suggest (y/n) becomes the boss. She told me that the Chief Lion was raising her to be the boss and I took that opportunity from her."

Ibuki kept looking forward, Louis want (y/n) to become the boss? It made perfect sense in that moment but wasn't he aware that being a mafia boss was a dangerous job, "Sir," Ibuki spoke softly now, what he was considering when he entered the dark tunnel complete left his mind now. He was willing to sacrifice so much because Louis was leaving the Shishigumi, "are you sure it's not too dangerous, she could be targeted for being a human."

"That exactly why the Shishigumi needs her as the boss, she's not a carnivore nor herbivore. Given her status as human that is symbolism of united-ness between both carnivores and herbivores," Louis explained now knowing full well that the cat had been moving once he saw the end of the tunnel appearing, "my last wish as your boss is for you to council her like you did me."

~

A/N I AM SO SORRY FOR THE DELAY AND SHORT CHAPTER✋😔