Chapter twenty

"Let your boss know that I am quitting. I will no longer be working for him." I made up my mind that night, regardless of the bears threats I would not submit to him and do his dirty work, I was my own person with far more important things in my life than money.

"Ma'am, please you can't. You know what happens when people quit on him." The woman on the other side of the phone pleaded with me, over time she had gotten to know what kind of work I did and now she was worried for my sake.

I shook my head, "I don't need your pity, my decision is final." with those last words spoken I hung up the phone taking a breath to calm down. While I was speaking I couldn't feel my voice become shaky at all, even when I had so much on the line I didn't feel scared. I wish I had that much courage when the bear was before me, I had allowed this to go on for far too long now I was glad that it was finally over.

Sabu had already went inside claiming he was tired due to his old age, I stayed behind to make a phone call that I just now finished. I made sure to have the garage locked before returning inside, the moment I got into the first floor I could see the living room lit with a dull light. I walked over there my shoes making hard thuds on the ground with every move that was made. I was surprised to see Louis in there reading a book, "You're still up?" I asked him setting down my coat on a couch near by me.

Louis looked up then, he wasn't wearing his suit anymore which was expected. "Well," He began closing the book, "I found the library." Louis smiled then as if he was making a small joke, (y/n) smiled partly too.

"It's late Louis." I informed him walking further into the living room.

Louis nodded a bit, his tone steady, "I couldn't sleep." he stated looking fondly at (y/n).

"You couldn't sleep last night too." I commented with a small grin shining through, "Anything on your mind?" I wondered.

Louis only took a few steps closer to her before stopping with the book still in his hand, "I was just worried about you." he admitted looking at his hand that held the book for a small moment before she caught his eyes again.  (Y/n) was leaning on one of the couches not far from him, her bag still in hand she looked tired. "I shouldn't keep you up, you should get some sleep." Louis told her.

(Y/n) nodded in agreement, "Come with me." She said turning her back to him grabbing her coat, "I don't sleep well when you're not there." (Y/n) finally admitted when she reached he doorway leading in, if she was being honest with herself she didn't want to look at him while she admitted that to him.

I had walked up the stairs to the top floor my legs growing tired with every step I climbed, the finally I reached my bedroom door. The whole time I could hear light footsteps behind me which I knew was Louis following me, I smiled opening the door looking behind me at him. "I need to take a bath." I stated before turning again walking into my bathroom, he only nodded at me.

~

It had been nearly forty minutes, the water was still hot on my skin and the steam was still coming off making my face sweat a bit. In my room Louis hadn't made a sound so I just assumed he was sleeping or reading possibly, I sunk further into the bath allowing all of my hair to get soaked before I applied shampoo to it. After that I let my whole body be submerged into the water, before my head was fully in the water I inhaled the deep scent of roses and vanilla.

After the decision I made today I hoped that life would be easier from now on, I closed my eye slipping my head under the soapy water.

In her room Louis was seated on her bed, since the previous nights she had changed her sheets to a light brown with a bunch of fluffy pillows and blankets. He could feel his eyes grow heavy but Louis didn't want to sleep until she was back, in order to pass time Louis decided to read the book Ibuki gave him a few days ago.

I had gotten out of the bathtub the water dripping off of my body as I wrapped myself in a towel, wiping off the fogged mirror I looked at myself and ringed my hair out in the sink below me. Once my hair had been partly dried I began to dry off the rest of my body before picking out something to wear to bed. I ended up wearing a big shirt and shorts like I always did, (y/n) opened the door allowing the hot mist to escape from the bathroom into her bedroom.

(Y/n) saw Louis his legs crossed on the bed as he looked at the book in his hands, I walked over sitting on the bed feeling the softness of my new sheets touching my skin. Louis looked up the moment I sat down, "Do you feel better?" he asked her kindly. She nodded answering his question, (y/n) slid her legs under the covers and scooted closer to him.

"What are you reading?" She asked him laying her head on one of his thighs Louis had moved his right hand in order for her to do so. Not knowing what to do with his hand he just set it on her shoulder holding her closer to him.

His attention was still on her when he began to explain the book he was reading in that moment. "Ibuki said I should read it." Louis said as the book was still opens before him, he didn't even bother reading the words on the pages. Louis just allowed all of his attention to be on her, he soon caught himself gently running his fingers through her damp hair.

"He normally suggests really good books." I mentioned closing my eyes a bit, "We should get sleep." (Y/n) said after giving a small yawn, Louis nodded and leaned over to turn the lamp off that was offering him light to read after that he closed the book setting it on her nightstand. Now he got beneath the covers with her still facing (y/n), Louis aloud himself to gaze upon her beautiful features for a few moments. "You seem kind of off, Louis." (Y/n) commented moving closer to him and wrapped in if her arms around his waist, at those motions Louis did the same and pulled her closer to him.

"I'm alright." Louis assures her even though that was far from the truth, he felt like such an awful person for that pain he must have caused her. "Are you doing okay?" She gave a small nod against his chest Louis smiled a bit at how close she was to him. He turned himself toward her then she was still close to his chest, (y/n) looked up at him for a moment.

"What?" (Y/n) asked him with a delicate smile on her face.

He grinned a little upon looking at her, "I just like being around you, that's all." (Y/n) looked at him more directly now, she sat up a little bit leaning on her left elbow so now she was hovering over him a little bit, Louis watched as she did this, "(Y/n)?" he asked quietly. She looked as if she was at loss of words when he called her name, now she was just looking at him admiring his handsome features. Louis didn't know what came over him but all he could do was slightly sit up as well still looking at her, and that's when he brought his hand up to the side of her face and then leaned in kissing her deeply.

I didn't know how to react or what to think, the only thing I could do was kiss Louis back. (Y/n) had held onto Louis hand that was holding the side of her face, however Louis hand had moved behind her head and gently gripped her hair pulling her closer to him deepening their kiss further more. (Y/n) moved closer to him once his hands was in her hair she rested her hand on his shoulder now.

(Y/n) could feel her heart racing with ever second she spent with him doing this, she wanted it to last forever until he pulled away, "I shouldn't have done that." Louis started.

I gave him a questioning look as he began to rant on about how he shouldn't have kissed her in that moment, Louis claimed it was the wrong time to even consider it, "Shut up." (Y/n) demanded before crashing her lips with his again, Louis didn't stop her as she did this.

~

Not long after that Louis inspired she'd get some sleep, he didn't want this to go any further than it already had. He didn't want to risk anything.

Louis really couldn't think clearly as (y/n) had fallen asleep on his chest. He admired her determination, Louis admired everything about her.

Many thoughts had gone through his head when he kissed her but none of them considered what this would mean for the both of them. Louis knew how he felt about her and it was an honest feeling, but now that he didn't know how she felt about him exactly it put him on edge. All he was sure of is that he needed to give her time to decide what she wanted to do and if she even wanted a relationship with him at all.

~