Chapter sixteen

Louis and Ibuki got home late that night, I should know because when I woke up Louis was trying to get my attention and it was nearly 4am. From the look of it I could tell he was drunk even though I knew his much he disliked strong alcohol. "(Y/n?)" Louis continued to ask as he gently shook me awake.

Eventually I sat up now, his hands still on my shoulders, "What?" I questioned my eyes feeling heavy, he just had a worried expression on his face. I assume it was all over me pretending to be asleep. "Louis what's wrong?" I asked him letting a small laugh take over, he looked funny that way.

"Oh," Louis said letting go of my shoulders then, "I was just making sure you were okay." He answered with a small smile, "I didn't mean to come back this late."

Then I started to wonder why he would come wake me up at such a time, normally if he stayed out that late he'd go straight to bed when he got back. Only then I realized why he was her I smiled, "Anything you need?" I asked him again, he closed his eye for a moment as if trying to think and then he tried to act more serious. I did my best not to laugh at him.

"Can," Then he paused as if was trying to rethink about his decision, "Can I stay here again? With you." Louis seemed the slightest bit nervous as he asked her this, from the looks of it he had already changed out of his suit.

I have Louis a nod before speaking, "Yeah, just lock the door, okay?" I asked him that because of what Free had told me earlier that night, I don't want anyone else seeing Louis and I in the same bed. I closed my eye hearing the door lock, and Louis gently walking to the bed. l closed my eye desperately trying to get some more sleep before we would need to wake back up again. I felt Louis get into the bed coming up behind me very close, next thing I knew, Louis body was pressed up against mine. He didn't really seem to make an effort to get under the heavy feather bed. Louis had a lighter blanket on top of him, his arm went around me waist and I couldn't do anything but just lay there wondering why he was so close with me now.

However I didn't question him, he was drunk and this didn't bother me at all. I closed my eyes once again after hearing Louis take in a deep breath seeming to fall asleep.

Louis was close to her now, on the ride home from the bar Louis desperately wanted to see her and be able to lay with her in bed again. That morning he hated to leave the warmth of the bed and he with it, thankfully there wasn't anything big planned tomorrow. He saw it as a chance to catch up on sleep and to just be close to her, part of him wasn't aware that he had been holding her so close, it just happened in he didn't care to sip the motion.

The best part was is ha (y/n) didn't move away or even ask him to leave, she just stayed there leaning slightly back into him. Louis enjoyed the warmth she was giving off after sleeping there for a while, now he was behind her having his whole body pressed against her, simply for the warmth she was giving off. Then he felt his eyes close, and he slowly drifted of to sleep with (y/n) consuming his mind.

For an odd reason after Louis joined me, I couldn't fall asleep that easily. I continued to think about the events of that night that I had nearly forgotten. That wasn't the first time I had seen a carnivore treated so horribly, and it for sure wouldn't be the last. I tried to shut my eyes once again, I didn't want those thought inside of my head anymore. I could feel Louis's arm wrap around me a bit tighter as I held the feather bed up to my face getting chills from his breath going down my back, I hadn't expected him to sleep with me that night which was why I didn't bother putting on shorts or sweatpants, all I wore was underwear and a loose t-shirt.

Then finally my eyes grew heavier.

~

-flash back-

It was the day after I had seen the first carnivore slaughtered in the black market.

I didn't take it well, I remember sitting in my room locked away trying to remove that sight from my mind. Only this time I couldn't. The Chief Lion has wanted me about that place, where carnivores body parts were cut up before you. I didn't know why I agreed to go, all I knew is that I couldn't look away from then tiger who had been decapitated before me.

It had been a month since I joined the Shishigumi, the Chief Lion had his trust in me and I wanted to keep that. He saw so much more than me than I saw in myself, I needed to want strong which was why I did not look away from the disturbing sight. I knew everyone was watching me and I didn't dare look away I kept my face blank the whole time. If only I had looked away I wouldn't be in this situation right now, I was seated at the edge of my bed the memory replaying in my head again and again, normally something like that wouldn't have bothered me but the way they completely decapitated him was more than I could take, then I realized what a horrible place this was. And how horrible I was to be part of it.

However I would not let myself show anymore emotion as I rose from the bed, that night I accepted what I we were going in this place after all we were profiting off the dead carnivores in that place. Even though I was young I needed to learn my place in this society, as long as that wasn't happening to me I was okay watching from the sidelines.

- end of flashback-

~
Louis woke up first that time, it's wasn't that sunny out today given it was still fall and it was cloudy out. Louis examined the small raindrops that painted her window of many shapes, he let out a small sigh. Nearly forgetting where he had slept that night, he hadn't remembered it all clearly, what he could recall was drinking with Ibuki then returning him to (y/n)'s room.

Beyond that he'd forgotten, Louis noticed how (y/n) was laying with him now her had resting on one of his arms as she faced him eyes closed. He smiled a little bit, she was so close to him now and he couldn't do anything else but watch as she slept close to him. Louis had to admit he was still tired, looking at the time it was only 6am with nothing to do today, Louis shifted his position to where he was holding her as she faced him. Louis closed his eyes for a moment longer.

At him shifting in his sleep I had opened my eyes a little bit, it was still early from what I could tell. He was facing my way holding me again, I didn't know why but I moved closed to him after feeling the cold morning air, Louis made a small noise in his sleep which earned a smile from me.

I started to let my mind wonder upon doing that I began to get mad at myself for thinking Louis sleeping with me was more than it actually was. I was sure he didn't mean anything by this and that he certainly was not hinting something to me. I've gotten to know Louis well, if there was something he wanted to tell me he would have said it by now. I was certain all he needs was company, I knew he didn't like getting drunk so maybe he was wanted someone to be there with him. After thinking more about it I tried to surpass the over bearing feeling I was developing right now, just because he slept with you once doesn't mean he likes you in that way.

Then I started to think about what Agata said to me last night, "He looked like he was going to kiss you." Those words rang in my head, I needed to get my mind off that Louis and I were only talking, nothing more than that. Unknowingly I had shifted my body a little bit waking up Louis, "Sorry," I muttered hoping he'd fall back asleep, the previous morning he was pretty quick to leave. I expected nothing less front that. He didn't open his eyes, I looked at the clock, 6am, "Should we get up?" I asked unaware of there was nothing of importance to do that day.

Louis shook his head, his eyes still closed, "There's nothing big planned for today." He assured me slightly tightening his grip on me.

I nodded looked up at him as he tried not fall asleep while I was speaking, "So what do you plan on doing? Sleeping here all day?" I asked sarcastically.

He smile through closed eyes, "Kind of."

~