Chapter twenty-three

"Louis can we leave?" (Y/n) asked acting strangely different, Louis couldn't tell what emotion she was expressing at the moment.

He gave an inside nod, "You sure? I can get a to go box, you hardly finished your soup." Louis mentioned looking at her untouched dish across from him.

(Y/n) shook her head acting more nervous, "No, it's fine. I'll pay for it, we just need to leave." she had taken out some money from her jacket upon examine it, Louis could see she had far too much cash in her hands as she tossed it onto the table.

He stood up gently then looking at the money, "(Y/n) that's too much for a meal like this," Louis paused for a moment, "I'll pay for it, don't worry." he said smiling.

Before he even knew it (y/n) was dragging him out of the restaurant by the arm, "We need to leave." She uttered as he was lead by her hand out the door, he noticed as she looked cautiously around for a moment before walking to their car. When they got to the car she waited until he had gotten in even though he insisted that he would open the door for her.

They had been seated in the car for not even ten seconds until the last stare was when she quickly locked the doors, "What's going on?" Louis asked her he had already turned the car on and was eating in the somewhat small parking lot.

(Y/n) looked at him now the worried expression leaving her face instantly, "What? Nothing." she did her best to assure him that it truly was nothing, Louis could see as clear as day that she was in fact lying to him.

Louis made a knowing look at her, "You're an awful liar, you know that? Just tell me." as he thought harder on the situation they were in, he realized that since she was obviously worried about something that he shouldn't pry at her and make her worry furthermore. Before (y/n) could utter another words he began speaking again, "Tell me on the way." Louis insisted.

When the car began moving I looked around cautiously for any sign of them, now I truly began to hate myself for the position I've just now put everyone in. At this rate I was no longer worried for my own life, rather the lives of the only family I've ever had. "Please tell me." Louis spoke softly to her, the last thing he wanted was to make her think that he was angry with her.

She looked over at him by the corners o her eyes, never did (y/n) make direct contact with him. "I just got a bad feeling, that's all." (Y/n) informed the worried deer next to her. Louis didn't say anything after she told him that even though he knew it was far from the truth, there was obviously something or someone that spooked her.

As hey drove him Louis was lead to believe that it had been from the phone call, before he could even ask her about it Louis was reminded that he didn't want to pry at her again, because of that reason he continued to drive home silence filling the car.

~

I had noticed that the moment we got home that Louis didn't make a move to ask me further about the sudden change, I did my best not to give off details because I didn't want to worry him at all.

It was nearly around 8:30pm when they arrived home, (y/n) had stopped what she was doing earlier that day to have dinner with Louis. I made my way up to my room then Louis had told me if I needed him that he would be in his office. (Y/n) was standing by her bed cleaning the gun the Chief Lion had given her a very long time ago, even now she still cleaned it whenever it was looking strange or when she needed to use it. Today was a day when she needed to use it.

After I finished cleaning and loading the gun I put it in its holster that was on the backside of my pants out of sight. She put on a black jacket allowing it to go unseen, if she was going to do this she needed to be quick about it and go undetected by the rest of the lions, especially from Louis.

-Flashback-

I stood from the chair I was seated in across from Louis apologizing for leaving to answers a phone call. By then I had recognized that number, I knew who it was which was why my expression and the mood changed tremendously. (Y/n) had opened the heavy bathroom door locking it behind her, thankfully no one was in there.

I stood in the bathroom the warm lighting giving this phone call an even more eerie tone. (Y/n) looked down at her phone it stopped ringing a few seconds ago, hesitantly she pressed the call back button holding it to her head listening quietly.

"We know where you are." the familiar voice told her in a casual way.

(Y/n) could feel her heart beat a little faster at the mention of Louis and her location, "What." she muttered to herself even though it was audible from the other side of the phone.

I could hear the bears cocky laugh from the other side of the phone, I refrained from saying anything. "Listen, I'll make you a deal." The bear began saying these words slowly, "If you and that deer leave now, I will refrain from killing him. Only if you return back here."

I paced around the bathroom then hearing my loud steps clear on the ground echoing throughout the whole bathroom, "You won't hurt him, or any of them." she reminded the bear that called her, I can't risk losing any of them.

"I'm a man of my word. I will not harm any of them if you come back here tonight."

I nodded then those words sinking deep within my mind, "I'll be there. Just give me time for me and him to get back to headquarters, and I'll be there as soon as I can." Many thoughts coursed through my head, I've gotten to know this bear for a few years now all I could say is that he was a untruthful ruthless murderer.

"Done."

-End of Flashback-

Now thinking on it, if I go in they will for certain check me for a gun or any weapon. There was a fifty fifty chance here that I would even be searched, simply for that reason I needed to be able to hide as many weapons as I could.

(Y/n) had managed to hide another handgun in the inside pocket of her coat, and a covered knife on the inside of her shoe and another one on the inside of her coat sleeve.

After she had grabbed her car keys (y/n) left her bedroom turning off all of the lights. By this time almost everyone had either retired to their rooms or were playing poole together in a separate room. I already knew Louis was in his office so I knew which place to avoid going.

I quietly walked down the stairs making sure to peek around every corn to make sure no one would have seen me leaving, I needed to do this on my own to ensure everyone else's safety. Even if I told Sabu I knew for a fact he would do his best to talk me out of it and try his best to assure me that everyone including myself would be safe here. I knew that was far from a reality now.

Finally I had gotten into my car without anyone noticing my absence, the moment the doors were locked and I was out of the garage I pulled out my phone calling the same number.

He picked up but didn't say anything so I spoke first, "I'm on my way." I said as normally as I could before hanging up before another word was spoken.

~