Chapter eight

"You think because we hang out once that you know everything about me, huh?" Louis insulted as he stood in the center of his bedroom, everything went downhill the moment I mentioned that he should eat something besides vegetables.

I didn't know how to tell him this wasn't my idea and I could care less if he got sick without throwing Ibuki under the bus, "That's not why I'm offering you this." I assured him with a blank face as I still held the salad in one hand. Louis gave me an unsure look when I told him that, "I just think you should have something other than meat for a change. Your body can't go without it, I'm not saying it because I think that's what's best. I'm offering you this because it's a fact." Once again I outstretched the salad towards him.

He eyeballed the salad is if he hadn't seen one in years, Louis the looked at (y/n) again. She had a genuine look on her face followed by a small hint of annoyance, "Leave it on the desk." Louis muttered.

Once I heard his answer I looked to my right seeing the desk a few feet over, I walked to the desk setting down the salad Ibuki had bought for Louis. I turned around to see Louis was still in the same spot, "You're not gonna throw it away are you?" I joked with him trying to lighten the mood a bit.

Louis shook his head giving me a look almost as if he knew I were joking. I walked over the door now, Louis watched as I did so, when I was before the door I debated turning back a round for whatever reason, I decided against it as I turned leaving his bedroom.

~

Free and I were back in my bedroom talking about what happened between Louis and I when we went out. "We kind of just asked each other basic questions," I told Free as I hugged a pillow as I was seated on my bed, Free was laying on the very end looking up at the ceiling.

"Hm." Free said as he continued staring at the ceiling of (y/n)'s bedroom, "We should get to bed, I don't want you being late again tomorrow." Free inspired sitting up looking over at me, I nodded in agreement setting the pillow behind me.

Free got off my bed and walked to the door saying goodnight one last time before leaving me in the dimly lit room, I drew in a deep breath and then changed into more comfy clothing. I payed down on my side after I turned the bedside lamp off shutting my eyes.

~

We walked around the black market a bit, the sky was cloudy and it started to get cold. I really hated how cold it was here sometimes, everyone else was barley fazed by it due to their fur. However I had to pull my jacket close to me trying to keep myself from getting the smallest but cold. No matter how many jackets were offered to me I always denied them even though everyone knew I was cold.

Thankfully it wasn't as cold as I suspected when we patrolled around the black market, there were few animals here now. It was still light out and in the middle of the day of course it wouldn't be as crowded as normal. A good thing was that it was Friday and normally on Friday nights everyone's buys from the market, so I knew for sure we'd be out here again tonight.

I walked with my head down watching as I took every step my head was empty for once and nothing I could think of would fill the void, until I started to think about the red deer. Sighing I though of our whole interaction yesterday, he insisted he wanted to get to know me better but still treats me like I'm so much less than him. Louis has a way of making someone feel bad about themselves without even saying something harmful.

Then again did I really care what he thought of me, I've never cared what anyone thought about me before, so why now? I assumed it was me being used to favoritism ever since Louis became boss all of that left, either way I needed to suck it up. I don't need validation from anyone let alone Louis, after thinking of all of this I could feel myself start to grow frustrated with my own toxic thoughts.

Lost in my own thoughts I hardly realized we all stopped, Free and Dolph were by a corner looking past it as if they were trying to stay out of sight. I didn't move from my spot seeing that everyone else was doing the same, not a minute later Free and Dolph returned back to our group, "What is it?" Ibuki questioned the pair.

"I think he's a spy, ever since our encounter with the Madaragumi the other night. I've seen him around, like he's following us." Dolph informed all of us of his suspicions that were very likely. The Shishigumi constantly has spies, it could range from something as big as  detectives trying to bring the Shishigumi down or as little as some creepy fan.

Louis let out a small sigh, "What species?" he demanded afraid it could possibly be the wolf he was thinking about.

Free spoke up when Dolph didn't, "I can't say for sure, some kind of canine."

With that answer Louis already knew who it was, he refrained from making a big deal of it. Louis didn't want to have connections to any of his former classmates or friends, he was the boss of the Shishigumi and took it seriously he didn't want some puppy following him around now. "We'll find him later." was all Louis could offer as he turned on his heel making his way to where we had the cars parked, the rest of us followed not questioning our boss.

~

Louis was seated back in his study, his head resting in a proped up fist. He kept his eyes closed pondering things quietly to himself thankfully he felt a bit better that day considering he caved in after (y/n) left his room leaving Louis to eat the salad she offered him. He didn't want to admit it, but he couldn't help feeling the smallest but thankful for (y/n)'s act of sympathy. She could deny it all she wanted but just form the way she spoke to him that night, Louis could hear the pity and smallest bit of annoyance lingering in her voice.

He couldn't help but let out a soft chuckle to himself, she seemed to be annoyed with him everyday now. Louis wouldn't judge though, she annoyed him dearly as well. Especially when she tried to prod him for answers about certain things.

Louis thought about the 'canine' again as of now he had no intent of trying to find him, first off Louis wasn't even sure if it was Legosi yet, he could very well be over thinking these things. However, there was a club that they needed to attend tonight, there are constant complaints of carnivores trying to devour the herbivore workers.

~

"I don't think it's a threat." I breathed out as Free, Agata, and I sat around a small table playing poker even though we didn't really offer each other anything in return. Free looked up at me from his cards giving me a stupid look, "I'm serious, it's probably just a coincidence."

Agata didn't say anything as he continued to look down at his cards, "Maybe," Free muttered as he continued to focus on the game just then he put four of a kind down. Agata and I sighed in defeat as Free had just won another game for the fourth time in a row, by now I was getting bored of just hoping one of us wins for absolutely nothing in return.

Not long after we all silently agreed to stop playing the game mainly out of annoyance of Free's prideful boasting about his win, it was normal though Free and I were close, we were meant to annoy each other.

I walked in the kitchen seeing the dishes that filled the sink all the way up, I admit I did forget about doing dishes. I removed my black blazer off my shoulders not wanting to get water on it, and under that I wore a solid black tank top. That's when I began to scrub at the dishes for a total of one hour.

Upon doing the dishes I found myself cleaning everything else, normally Ibuki and Is oils do this but I just assumed he was busy. I, on the other hand had nothing to do really so why not help around the hideout, once I was done in the kitchen I went to the dining room pushing in all the chairs that were out of place back in.

~