15: Friendsss

"Arghhh!" I let out a loud scream as I charged at Guy.

I hadn't been released from the hospital for very long, but I was already going stir crazy. Team Kakashi hadn't returned from their mission, and we hadn't received any updates.

I begged Guy to train with me until he finally agreed. He was nervous about me making a full recovery, but I needed to keep busy.

I knew my hand-to-hand combat was lacking in comparison to everything else but going against a taijutsu master was really highlighting my many weaknesses.

As I attacked Guy, he landed a kick to my left side. I flew backwards nearly 10 feet with the blow, but immediately jumped back up.

"What the hell!? Why are you holding back!!?!" I screamed at him.

"Let's call it a day, huh?" he rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

"No!! Fucking fight me!!!" I yelled as I ran towards him again.

He quickly dodged my attacks, and as I swung a punch, he stepped to the side, causing me to lose my footing. He grabbed the back of my shirt and threw me to the ground.

"Ugh!" I screamed out again as I slammed my fist against the earth. I was extremely pissed now that he had make me look like such a fool.

Why can't I keep up with him?

"Shouldn't you be taking it easy?" Asuma laughed as he walked towards me with Kakashi and a woman I had never met.

"That's the problem," I huffed as I stood up. "Guy is taking it easy on me. He won't fight me for real!!"

"You're lucky he's holding back," Kakashi mumbled. "That kick he landed would've broken all your ribs had he not pulled back his strength at the last moment. You didn't have any type of defense ready."

"I only take advice from people who can actually beat me," I glared at him. I was heated and his comment sent me over the edge, but it didn't look like he took it very seriously. We both knew he could beat me if he wanted to.

"Alright you two, let's all calm down," Guy laughed loudly. "Y/n, Kakashi is my rival after all, you ought to listen to him. He's a much more experienced fighter than you."

"Whatever," I rolled my eyes as Kakashi continued you give me a blank stare.

"I do remember Y/n beating Kakashi in a sparring match a couple years ago," Asuma smirked.

"Well, I tend to hold back against children," he said coldly.

"Oh, is that right Kakashi? Am I just a child to you?" I said with a devious grin, knowing very well that there were some form of feelings growing between us, even if neither of us had said so yet.

His face remained unchanged, "Yes."

"Hmm, that's funny. But good to know. I'll keep that in mind," I shot him a wink before I turned to the woman next to Asuma.

"I don't believe we've meet before, I'm Y/n," I smiled at her.

"I've heard of you," she responded in a somewhat icy tone. "I'm Kurenai."

I didn't understand why it seemed she didn't like me, but I shrugged it off, "You have very beautiful eyes. Almost as red as the Sharingan. Where do you serve?"

She looked caught off guard by my compliment, "O-oh, uh, thank you. And I'm the leader of Team 8."

"Really?" I asked as I fixed the bandages on my wrists. "I'm surprised we haven't met before. I'm part of Team Kakashi. Formerly Team 7."