30: Separate Missions

**Kakashi POV**

I got up earlier than usual but let Y/n continue to rest. She needed it. She was so exhausted from the night with her parents.

Not to mention the fact her parents wanted to have me over tonight. I could barely even sleep as I thought about it.

Y/n didn't want to talk about anything that happened yesterday, but Shikamaru told me plenty.

Her parents were pissed, and going tonight, I wasn't really in the mood to be told I wasn't good enough for her. I already knew that. I didn't need my biggest fear confirmed.

I made my way to the cemetery. It had been awhile since I was here last, and I just needed to be reminded of how fragile this life was, that I couldn't let my fears stand in between me and Y/n.

If I was honest with myself, I didn't want to spend another moment of this life without her. So even if her parents were brutal tonight, I couldn't let that get in our way.

Especially since she told me she would choose me over her clan status any day. I didn't ever expect that, but when she told me last night, I knew there was no way I would ever let her go.

Being told you're the most important person in the world by the person who's most important to your world... it was such an unbelievable feeling. One I would never forget.

I walked up to my dad's grave, laughing to myself as I crouched down and picked up the black flower left here.

"Looks like you've already met Y/n," my entire face consumed with a smile.

"I don't know how much she told you, but you might actually end up getting a daughter-in-law after all."

••••

**Y/n POV**

I leaned back on my couch, trying desperately to light my cigarette but this stupid ass lighter wasn't working.

I had quit. Mostly. Kinda. And Kakashi would probably be really annoyed if he knew, but I couldn't help it. Not right now.

Every time life got too crazy, like it had yesterday with my parents, my mind could only focus on one thing... The slow burn of a cigarette.

It makes me regret ever picking up these damn things. It didn't matter how much time had passed, the habit never really left you.

"Fucking finally," I mumbled as I got it to work, taking my first drag.

I closed my eyes as I exhaled, resting even further back into my seat. Tonight was bound to be a disaster, and Shikamaru wouldn't even be there to save my ass.

He was called out on a mission with his team shortly after storming out last night. So Kakashi and I were on our own. Hopefully my dad was able to talk some sense into my mom, even just a little bit.

As I sat and smoked, lost in my thoughts, an Anbu member appeared in front of me. I didn't really like the idea of someone showing up in my apartment, but I let it go.

"Mm?" I mumbled, not even bothering to really pay much attention to the masked figure.

"Lady Hokage requests your presence immediately."

"Yea?" my interest piqued, and I finally looked at them. "What for?"

"She's sending you out on a mission."