☾ 03. 𝙝𝙪𝙣𝙜𝙚𝙧

He thought he was hungry

Hunger for her blood.

He doesn't realize when it had started. But from that day on when [name] asked him to stay if he would like to, he had been staying by her side as much as he could. Usually, he would wake up in a random abandoned house, or he would be asleep in the Infinity Fortress. But that seems to be the past as he often woke up to the sound of [name] walking about the room.

How he would sleep in the darkest parts of the estate just to avoid the sunlight that would burn him away within seconds. Never once did [name] question the way he acted. He watched with his three pairs of eyes, how she was out and about today.

Where she decided to take a break from selling flowers as she needed to grow them. He watched as she ran about despite being blind, how her hands were held out to prevent her from bumping into anything at full speed.

He watched as she would occasionally bump into the pillars, or sometimes trip over her feet just because. He looked dazed, one would say that if he was looking like a human being. How he stared into space as he continued to listen to [name] running about.

[name] stopped as she was trying to find her gardening tools, but she stopped the moment she heard shifting. She turned to look toward the direction of where the sound came from and she tilts her head slightly.

"Are you awake, Kokushibo-san?" she called out and she heard footsteps coming closer to her. She smiled when she felt his cold hand against her wrist, bringing it up where she would place her hand against his cheek.

"Good morning. The dewy smell of morning seems to be telling me that it will be a good day today. Would you like to have a walk with me?" she asked and she frowned when she felt Kokushibo's hold on her wrist tightened slightly.

"I... Can't..." he spoke out and [name]'s lips formed an 'o' shape.

"Do you have a condition where you can't go under the sun?" she asked with a smile and Kokushibo could only wonder why she was acting in such a manner. Why wouldn't she get afraid of what he was, why he had so many secrets.

"If you do, then we can have a walk at night instead of where the sun isn't out. That would be better, right?" she asked and felt Kokushibo's hold on her wrist loosened. [name] tilts her head to the side once more when she heard his footsteps.

Getting further away from her.

"Kokushibo-san? I made breakfast! You should have it before you leave!" she called out, but there was no response. She sniffed the air slightly, with a frown on her face as she folded her arms against her chest.

"Seriously, how rude of him to just up and go when I prepared breakfast," she mumbled to herself as she started to move about for the day. She lets out a sigh as she walked over to where Kokushibo had slept, where his scent was the strongest.