☾ 14. 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙢𝙞𝙨𝙚

"You know

"You know... I kind of envy you indeed," and she stopped, turning to look. Her eyes widened when she realized she could see, the man before her. Her lips parted, unsure of what she should say for the man before her, was unknown to her.

Till she noticed in his lime-green eyes, where the symbol was present. She remained silent, knowing that the man before her was a demon. And till she took a sniff, she could only wonder why such a dream was so real.

It was as if the Upper Moon Six was standing before her, in the flesh.

She watched as he chuckled slightly, rubbing the back of his neck. Till she noticed a young girl next to him, did she realize who it was. Till arms were wrapped around her waist as the girl who was known as Ume started to sob.

"She was persistent on seeing you before we leave," Gyutaro explained, and somehow she couldn't help but feel her heart ached. The only time she could see was within her dreams, but of all the dreams she had till now...

It was filled with nothing but sadness instead.

"Can I please call you nee-chan?" Ume asked, to which [name] hesitantly nodded her head. Unsure if she should be giving an answer in the first place, for she knew the duo before she had already left the world.

"Thank you for the flower," and she continued to listen, to the words they spilt. How Gyutaro was hesitant in talking about what he was thankful for, but he had to be. For Ume managed to feel that tiny spark of an older sister's love even though it was for a short span of time.

"We'll see you again. I know it's odd coming from me, but take care of yourself. Kokushibo wouldn't risk letting you leave this world till old age,"

A/N: People who were born blind have no understanding of how to see in their waking lives, so they can't see in their dreams. But most blind people lose their sight later in life and can dream visually.

◤◢◤◢◤◢

"The dimensional infinity fortress... If I got summoned here, then that means... An Upper Moon was killed by the demon slayers," Akaza thought to himself and listened to the sudden strumming of the biwa made by Nakime.

"Hyo! Well, well, Akaza-sama! Dear me, you seem to be looking swell. How have you been after ninety years? The mere possibility of you dying made my heart leap with jo- made my heart cringe with pain, hyo hyo!" Gyokko spoke out, and Akaza couldn't be bothered with the words spoken.

"This is quite terrifying. Gyokko has forgotten how to count during our long absence. We haven't been called here for a hundred and thirteen years. An indivisible number... An unlucky number... An odd number! Terrifying indeed..." Hantengu whispered out.

"Biwa woman. Has Muzan-sama arrived yet?" Akaza asked, not interested in listening to the words of the other Upper Moons.

"He has not arrived yet,"