☾ 09. 𝙛𝙡𝙤𝙬𝙚𝙧𝙨

Indeed, he was rather surprised at the words she spoke as she explained the different meanings behind the flowers she grew

Indeed, he was rather surprised at the words she spoke as she explained the different meanings behind the flowers she grew. She had explained that she had always grown flowers ever since young, she would help out in the gardens with her family.

Thus, the smell was what she often remembered. Knowing which scent belonged to which flower. He watched as she continued to tend to the stem of the flowers with a small sharp knife, and he mimicked her movements with his nichirin blade.

Careful to not cut off too much of the stem, but she would giggle from time to time at his attempt to help out. He didn't speak of whether he would be leaving the estate and not return for the night.

But the way he helped her once again as if it was a daily routine. The bundle of flowers resting upon an arm as his other cold hand held onto her warm ones. Guiding her up the short steps of the patio and watched as she plopped herself upon the wooden flooring.

"I will... Go with you... Today..." and he watched as her lips curled up into a smile, despite feeling all surprised that a demon like him would be acting in such a manner towards her. Someone who has yet to see the ugly side of him.

Every morning before the sun rises, without fail, he would always be there for her. Her hand found its way to his hand instead of his arm this time, slipping her fingers through his as she smiled softly while he picked up the bundle of flowers once more.

The sound of crickets was heard as they walked side by side with one another. The bundle of flowers continued to rest upon his arm as his other hand held onto hers tightly.

Ensuring that she wouldn't disappear all too sudden.

He stopped walking the moment he felt her stop and he turned to look at her. He watched as her dark blue ocean eyes slowly widened as she started to hear growling noises and she felt Kokushibo's hold on her tightened.

His eyes narrowed slightly as he pulled her back, allowing her to stand behind him. And the moment he lets go of her did she listened to the sound of his nichirin blade being unsheathed. 

He stood behind her, a hand against her waist as he pointed it forward.

"Breath of the Moon, First Form: Dark Moon, Evening Palace," and she could feel the wind generated from the slashes he produced swiftly. How he created them in a singular horizontal motion in a crescent shape, creating numerous chaotic crescent blades.

The sound of blood splattering was heard as the dead body of the demon dropped down from the dark morning sky, as it had jumped up earlier on, ready to pounce on them due to its starvation, more towards [name] as she was a female human.

Keeping his nichirin blade as he picked up the bundle of flowers from her arms, where he had placed them within seconds after standing behind her. 

"I'll protect you," was what he whispered out and [name] slowly nodded her head. It was something he often repeats whenever a demon of lower-ranked dared to enter the territory that was "claimed" by him, and he would say that to calm her down.