☾ 11. 𝙣𝙚𝙖𝙧

"We used to attend festivals together, but now it seems like a bittersweet memory instead

"We used to attend festivals together, but now it seems like a bittersweet memory instead. It was always crowded around the shrine, and we would hold each other's hands tightly so that we wouldn't get lost in the crowd and stick close to our parents," they spoke out, with a bitter chuckle erupting from their throats.

"It was always enjoyable, we get to watch the fireworks. We get to draw our lucks and eat all those delicious food. But it seems now, things are different. I can't remember the last time I went to a festival. It seems to be years ago," they whispered out, holding onto the hands that were placed onto theirs' tightly.

"Though, would you like to go to the festival with me?"

"Huh?" Gyutaro mumbled out, a confused look on his face as he scratched the side of it. He stared at Kokushibo, already perplexed when the Upper Moon One arrived at the usual spot he and Daki would be around after their meal for the day.

"Festival? You are asking me about going to a festival?" Gyutaro added on, getting more confused as each second passed. It was already odd that the Upper Moon One is being attached to a human being, not even having the slightest thought of devouring her.

But it was getting a tad bit too much for the other Upper Moons when Kokushibo has weird questions in regards to the way the humans are living now, which wasn't that different as to how he lived previously.

But he wondered if there was something that must be done at festivals now as compared to hundreds of years ago. Which led him to arrive at where Gyutaro was, questioning him and causing the Upper Moon Six to continue to look confused before him.

"You must be out of your mind..." Gyutaro muttered out but was intrigued that the one before him has yet to crumble due to the soft side he has for a mortal. He could only wonder what the Demon Lord thought about his actions.

"But whatever. I heard that there is an upcoming festival nearby here. You could go check it out, but don't bring me into your problems with him if he decides to act," Gyutaro added on and watched as his younger sister was smiling happily after a full meal.

"I want to go to the festival too!" Daki pointed out and Gyutaro remained silent, listening to the tantrum she was throwing at him. Something he was used to all those years of being with her. Muttering under his breath, and his eyes widened as he heard his voice at the back of his head.

"We will go too," and Kokushibo's eyes widened slightly at what was spoken. He could sense the disappointment coming from the demon lord, but he chose to ignore it. It felt as if curiosity was getting the better of him rather than the mission he needs to accomplish.

Would he make it out alive? But somehow, that question didn't linger for long. All he could think about was going to a festival with the human he had been spending time with. It was questionable indeed, something that ought to be put to a stop.