☾ 16. 𝙨𝙤𝙧𝙧𝙮

"People who feel no jealousy towards others, simply have good luck

"People who feel no jealousy towards others, simply have good luck. They have never met someone like him. Someone who lives with the favour of the Gods lavished upon them. Someone who burns like the sun, so brightly, so fiercely, they consume everything around them..." he thought to himself as he started to remember his younger twin brother.

"But brother, you are in the favour of the Gods as well," and Kokushibo's eyes widened slightly when he heard his brother speak to him. Taking on a monstrous form was something he never expected himself to do, but it wasn't as if he could see himself right now.

"He regenerated his head! The bastard! Shit! Goddammit!" Sanemi yelled out as he bumped into Haizaki who was trying to bandage up his bleeding wound before any more fatal energy.

"The fuck, don't bump into me!"

"Shut the fuck up and keep fighting, you piece of shit!"

"Press the attack! His body should be fragile after losing his head! He isn't regenerating as fast as Muzan! Take his head! No matter how many times it takes!" Himejima yelled out, swinging the chain harshly.

"What do you mean I'm in the favour of the Gods as well?" Kokushibo thought to himself as he allowed himself to slowly regenerate. He couldn't hear the words of the demon slayers who were yelling at one another.

"Someone who is as beautiful as the moon, who walked down a few years of your life as a demon. She is yours, remember?" and Kokushibo lowered his blade, understanding what his younger twin brother had said.

He was in favour of the Gods because of her.

And a loud thud soon caught their attention, where they turned to look. Her eyes were widened slightly as she started to crawl away, tears rolling down her face as she tried to escape the demons that were coming after her.

"Someone..." she whispered out and Haizaki, without a second delay, rushed forward. Yet, he was pushed back quickly by a strong force, causing him to fly towards a column, crashing against it as it shattered into pieces.

"[name]... [name]..." Kokushibo whispered out and [name] covered her ears as she listened to the sound of blood splattering, where the demons who were persistent in devouring her, soon disappeared.

His trembling hands placed upon the side of her arms, where he looked at her. The frightened frame of hers as she trembled in his hold. All because of what he had done, the demon lord decided the human shall be tortured.

For Kokushibo had disappointed him.

"Get... Away from her!" and her eyes widened slightly at the familiar scent that started to greet her. How she could tell who it was, the way tears rolled down her face as she reached out to him, but Kokushibo quickly brought her away.

"Nii-san!" she yelled out, reaching out towards where the voice came from.

Avoiding the oncoming attacks of the demon slayers who were trying to put an end to his demon life. But his instinct was to protect [name] from harm, afraid that she would get caught up in the attack.