☾ 13. 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙨

"Why do you have the scent of my older brother on you?"

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

"Why do you have the scent of my older brother on you?"

He stopped the moment those words escaped her lips. The look of desperation upon her older brother entered his mind once more, and all he could do was to hold onto her with trembling hands. 

The thought of her returning to her older brother side was scaring him, he didn't want to let go of her as his hold upon her was tightened. She struggled, squirming in his hold till she yelped as he had inflicted pain on her by accident.

His eyes widened at what he had done, letting go of her quickly.

The hurt look that was upon her face was something he never knew he never wanted to see. He wanted to speak, but the way frown made itself visible on her features as she rubbed the side of her arms harshly, trying to ease the pain.

"You know where he is... Don't you?" she asked, somewhat a little afraid of the words that would escape his lips. But she wanted an answer, and she wanted to know where her older brother was.

She was a fool indeed if she thought about it now. Why was she someone who listened dearly to her family, especially her older brother? The words that he speak off when he left her alone to head over to the next town to work as a miner, hoping to earn enough for them to live comfortably.

He spoke about how she should stay in a place, not to run about. So that he would be able to find her. But what could she do when their hometown was attacked by demons, and she had to flee with difficulty to another town?

Somewhere that was foreign to the Akane siblings.

"Please, take me to where you last saw him?" she asked, with a little bit of hope used in her tone. She wanted to ensure that her older brother was well and alive, even if it doesn't mean they would be reunited.

But why was it her body started to turn cold at the very thought of her brother's death?

He was hesitant in bringing her to where he last saw the Shadow Hashira. He could only wonder, was it because she was fixed on meeting her older brother again that she managed to pick up the lingering scent upon him?

Despite him not being too near to the Shadow Hashira for his scent to be rubbed upon him. Maybe because she misses him so, therefore the scent was picked up with the desire of meeting him again.

And how she regretted asking him to bring her to wherever he last saw him. The way she held onto his arm tightly as the overwhelming scent of blood greeted her. Nobody was present within the vicinity, but the rumbles beneath her footwear had implied that it was in a mess.

He guided her through the horrible state of the Entertainment district, where the lingering scent of not only opium but blood and demons lurked about. Till she stopped as her body shook, letting go of his arm as she bravely took a step forward.

𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐍𝐀𝐋┊𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐛𝐨/𝐓𝐬𝐮𝐠𝐢𝐤𝐮𝐧𝐢 𝐌𝐢𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐤𝐚𝐭𝐬𝐮जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें