☾ 12. 𝙥𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙘𝙚

"Hm?" Shinobu hummed to herself, watching as the Shadow Hashira paid no attention to whatever Sabito was speaking about

"Hm?" Shinobu hummed to herself, watching as the Shadow Hashira paid no attention to whatever Sabito was speaking about. How one of the Water Hashira was blabbering away about the number of demons he had killed, but the Shadow Hashira had other matters to be concerned of.

"Nee-san, is Akane-san going to be alright?" Shinobu asked as Kanae had finally decided to get out of the office she had in the Butterfly Estate, a gentle smile present as she watched what was going on.

"Haizaki has been in a mood lately because of the recent festival," was all Kanae had said, where the Flower Hashira had to prevent the Shadow Hashira from taking another step forward as they had other matters to attend to.

Though she was rather surprised, the look on Haizaki's face sent shivers down almost everybody's spine as long as they took a look at him. But as of now, the look on his face was nothing but a blank look.

"Ack!" and the Kocho sisters flinched slightly, watching as Sabito was buried head down into the soil where the flowers were blooming. Watching as Haizaki turned to leave after his crow had called upon him for a mission.

"I'm going to rip that Hashira's throat out," was all Haizaki muttered out as he walked past the Kocho sisters, stopping when he realized that Sabito's crow was also announcing the same mission.

"Would you look at that, I pulled a weed out," he commented and Sabito had an irk mark on his forehead, punching him on the side of his arm as he muttered curses about how it was Haizaki's fault in the first place for burying him into the soil.

"He will be alright," Kanae whispered out.

"Ah, Kanroji," Sabito called out, a cheeky grin on his face whereas Haizaki raised an eyebrow, noticing how Mitsuri was holding what seems to be a large bento box. He chuckled slightly, scratching the side of his face as he could sense a murderous glare sent towards him.

"For me?" Haizaki asked and Mitsuri nodded her head.

"An appreciation gift for helping me out on the mission! If it wasn't for you, I would have sprained my ankle badly. Thank you for carrying me back as well," Mitsuri spoke out and Haizaki swore his life was on the line.

He could hear the sound of a snake hissing.

"N-No problem..."

"You know I'm fully capable of walking on my own, Kokushibo-san. But I must say... Why are you not letting me run my business? I'm going to run out of money soon," she pointed out as she was being carried back to the estate the moment the sun was down.

She had thought of continuing into the night given how it was close to a particular season that would often occur in the town where she resided, but Kokushibo decided it was enough for the day and hence carried her with ease along with the flowers that have yet to been sold.