☾ 07. 𝙨𝙬𝙚𝙚𝙩

The way her sweet scent,lingers and calms him

lingers and calms him.

He watched her closely as she walked around the backyard. Sometimes he would stop breathing for a moment when she got too close to the well, somewhat afraid that she might fall off without knowing. What if someone comes by and decided it was a joke? To push her down the well.

Would she have survived then?

The sound of the soil being ploughed was heard, gaining his attention. Noticing the way she placed a hand out as she felt her way around the plot. The other holding a small makeshift spade that would aid her daily with her planting.

How long has she been out there in the gardens? He was sure it had been an hour or so, for he had yet to retreat to the sleeping quarters he has in the humble home of the blind woman before him.

He watched as she stood up, dropping the spade as she placed her dirty hands on her lower back, bending back slightly to ease the ache. Watching as she lets out a loud sigh, twisting her back as well till she felt the stretch.

She shifted her head as if she was looking around. Though nothing was visible to her, the gaze she felt upon her back was comforting to her, letting her know that he was still present. She could tell that the sun had yet to rise, learning the ways of survival by herself.

She was just about to return to tending to the gardens, ready to harvest the flowers that were in full bloom. Keeping count of the number of days ever since she planted, and the scent the flowers gave off was telling her that it was time for harvest.

She squats down, with her hands out as she patted the ground, searching for the small sickle she would use for harvesting. But frowned a little then, when she couldn't find its whereabouts. Till his scent got heavier and the slightly ominous aura of a demon was present.

She turned to face his direction, about to speak but her eyes widened at the sound of the flowers being sliced off without a single care. She panicked, reaching out and eventually grabbing hold of his arm, gaining his attention.

"Kokushibo-san, don't do that! I mean, you can help out but treat them with care please," and he watched the way her lips parted as she spoke. He lowered his arm, listening to what she had said and she started to explain how to harvest the flowers delicately.

She felt confused then as flowers started to rain upon her head, but a giggle escaped her lips. Gaining his attention as he had scattered the flowers over her, trying to make it seem like it was indeed raining flowers upon her.

The way she smiled as she picked up one of the flowers, holding it out in his direction. His cold fingers gripped the stem lightly, afraid that he might snap it if he didn't control his strength. He sat next to her on the ground, watching as she started to easily pick out the flowers that were the same, bundling them together with a thin string.