☾ 08. 𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙛𝙪𝙨𝙚𝙙

Tanjiro's eyes widened as he stared at the horrible wounds on both Kyojuro and Haizaki

Tanjiro's eyes widened as he stared at the horrible wounds on both Kyojuro and Haizaki. His lips quivered as he could feel the blood in his veins turning cold.

"Ah, do you think the other Hashiras will get mad at us?" Haizaki asked as he coughed slightly, coughing blood as well. Kyojuro then chuckled a little, bearing with the pain that he was suffering from, and soon motioned for Tanjiro to come over.

"Maybe they will... Come, Kamado my boy. Let's have a little chat," 

"Ahhhh... I'm gonna die, Kyojuro," Haizaki mumbled out as he coughed slightly, coughing blood as well but the Flame Hashira could only chuckle slightly as he held his abdomen.

"Nonsense... You will not die," he whispered out, causing Haizaki to watch as his vision started to blur, and how his lips started to turn a pale colour. His dark blue ocean eyes slowly closed then as his lips remained parted.

"Haizaki?! Haizaki!!" Kyojuro yelled out as he looked at the Shadow Hashira who was laying still on the ground after the intense fight with the Upper Moon Three. He thought Haizaki was joking about him dying.

But looking at him not moving, he didn't know what to do.

◤◢◤◢◤◢

"I have come to report... Lord Muzan," Akaza mumbled out as he took a look at the young boy before him, where the demon lord was portraying himself as a child. Feeling the familiar intensity coming from the demon lord, the Upper Moon Three could only lower his head.

"Did you find what I seek?" Muzan asked, tone lacing with venom.

"I investigated, but there was no certain information. I also couldn't confirm its existence. I did not find the blue spider lily," Akaza responded as he allowed himself to rest upon his legs, continued to look towards the ground, not willing to lift his head.

"And...?" the demon lord asked, fuming with anger.

"I will continue searching to find the answers you seek. As you commanded, I killed one of the Hashiras that I have encountered," Akaza spoke out, remembering the battle wounds he had inflicted upon the Hashiras he had encountered.

Remembering that he had immobilized the Shadow Hashira greatly, knowing well he wouldn't survive such a heavy blow to the stomach. But the chilly sensation ran down his spine, his shoulders tensed as he remembered that enraged look in the dark blue ocean eyes, who placed himself before the Flame Hashira.

To protect him.

"Akaza, you appear to be under a misconception," and Akaza's eyes widened slightly as he felt his body starting to crumble. He remained still despite the pain he was feeling as Muzan came closer, looking down on him.

"Why even bother to tell me you killed a mere Hashira? Don't even bother telling me if you killed two Hashiras, which you should have done so. It is only natural for a demon to defeat a human. What I seek is the annihilation of the entire Demon Slayer Corps itself. We must kill every last one so they never sully my sight again," the demon lord spat out, furiously tearing the pages off the book he held.