chapter four

the "temporary fiancé"

"I'm not going to lie, this wedding stuff is kind of fun." Buck stated when he and Josephine escaped his jeep after parking in front of a bridal store. The two spent their day off to marking off a few things on the to do list in preparation for Josephine's wedding. "Never thought I would be in this stage of my life." 

The brunette contorted a perplexed expression at him. "You're not even the one getting married. You're here for moral support, temporarily filling in for my fiancé." 

"You mean your temporary fiancé." He fondly corrected, earning an instant eye roll from the woman. She lost count the number of times that he attempted with that title. More so, the fact people assumed they were an engaged couple throughout the day.

"Thankfully, this is our last stop of the day. And I won't have to hear you proclaim that name again." Josephine truthfully expressed, pushing the door to the bridal shop open. 

Both of their ears were met with the soothing strings of a classical song resonating to the prestigious display of the bridal shop. Elegant wedding gowns plastered on the mannequin displays every where you look. Even complimentary candies and champagne glasses on on the side for the arrival of scheduled customers. 

"Damn," Buck muttered out. "Shouldn't you have a bridal party with you? Like the reality show, 'Say Yes to the Dress'?" He asked curiously. 

Josephine glanced up, "I already picked out my dress. We're here for a fitting." She answered when the bridal consultant sauntered her way to the latter. 

"Ah, Josephine, it's so lovely to see you again. I believe we have a fitting for your wedding gown today. Must be very exciting." The blond haired older woman beamed in delight at the brunette. She switched over to Buck besides her. "This must be Bryan, your fiancé?" 

Flattered by the compliment, Buck lets out a small chuckle. "Actually, I'm Evan- her temporary fiancé." He grinned widely as Josephine covered her mouth. 

Marie, the bridal consultant shared an uneasy expression- quite confused by the term. Josephine interjected, "He's just a friend that tagged along as moral support today." 

"Alright, let's get started." Marie calmly replied, leading the duo down to the staging area of the shop. She supplied Buck a complimentary glass of champagne and snacks at the couch before taking Josephine to the back to slip into her wedding dress. 

In the back inside the dressing room, Josephine stared into her reflection in the large three way mirror. Her hands slid down the fabric of the wedding dress she chose to wear on her biggest day of her life. She realized for a second that she hadn't exhale after sucking in her breath. Despite the distress of finalizing parts of the wedding, this significant moment made it feel more surreal. Soon she'll have a husband, another milestone in which her father won't be present nor walk her down the aisle.