chapter eleven

throwing the truth in the air

Early that morning, the 118 sped through the streets of Los Angeles to track down a garbage truck holding a frantic man inside. Despite the loud horns and sirens blaring within the city, the garbage truck driver appears to not notice them tailgating him. This wild chase came to an end when Buck swerved in front of the vehicle. However, once getting off to come to the poor civilian's rescue of the unfortunate event- the garbage truck drive informed the 118 that he hasn't picked up any garbage nor a man inside.

In conclusion, they stopped the wrong truck meaning the wild chase of garbage trucks continues.

Athena radioed back to Bobby where she tracked down the garbage truck at the corner of Ventura and Stern. The 118 firefighters climbed back inside the fire truck quickly down the next two blocks to the location.

Once reaching the parking lot, Josephine jumped out of the fire truck to see Athena speaking to the garbage man. "How was I supposed to know he was sleeping in one of the dumpsters?" The garbage man retorted.

"You're not in any trouble." Athena assured from his terrified tone after being stopped and entailed of a man inside the truck.

Bobby chimed in, slipping his gloves on. "Did you run the compactor?"

The garbage man nodded, "Yeah."

"What kind of pressure does it operate under?" Bobby questioned as Buck and Chimney join his side, putting on their gloves and gain insight of the situation as well.

"I don't know. 2,000 PSI? Maybe more?"

Buck commented to Bobby, "That would crush a car."

Meanwhile, Josephine and Hen didn't hesitate to go straight to the ladder of the truck to find the civilian. Their work has been the core distraction of their personal lives merely the corruption in either love lives. Josephine continues to resist falling into the pit of vulnerability upon the destruction of her relationship. The broken couple proceeds to save face to their friends and family until another week.

As Josephine is preparing for not just the steps of recovering a heartbreak and shifting into an abrupt chapter of her life, but sparing the news. It was more difficult when deciding to move back in with Bryan at the penthouse. The two attempted at small talk yet would trail into awkward silences. Although, Bryan tried more than Josephine.

She would rather move on from this mess of a relationship and end of engagement like ripping off a band aid. Once, everyone will know that a wedding will be no more- Josephine would want to shove that part of her life than dwell in it.

"Damn. Look at those ladies go." The garbage man remarked at the latter already searching for the civilian.

Josephine shuffled her feet once on top of the truck for Hen to move in next to her. "Hello? Is anybody down there?" She called out, surveying any sight of the man.