chapter nineteen

some awful people

some awful people

"LAFD. Step aside, please." Bobby paved the way for the rest of the members of the 118 followed in pursuit to the scene at the mall parking lot. The dispatch call informed a woman's car rolling back on a woman accidentally.

An old woman in a tracksuit reached out for him. "I didn't know what to do. I was afraid to move the car." She desperately told.

"You did the right thing. We'll take it from here." He assured to bring ease to the old woman feeling guilty and in a state of shock.

Meanwhile, Josephine crouched next to Buck attending to the injured blond woman underneath the car. On the other side, Eddie unzipped the bag to bring out tools for protocol check up on the victim. "Do any of you have a pen? I've got a partial license plate. Somebody should write it down." She groaned out, though concentrated about receiving a big check of this unfortunate yet wonderful situation.

Eddie pulled out a stethoscope, "Don't worry about the license plate, ma'am. It's right here on the back of the car." He pointed out.

"Not this car. The car that hit me." She exclaimed, earning perplexed expressions from the trio then Bobby joining them.

"Uh, wait, this isn't the car that hit you?" Buck questioned, knitting his brows at the one car on top of her.

"No, this is the car that ran me over." She affirmed, pointing at the car on top of her before groaning in pain. "Better be insured."

Josephine decided to reel back to further discuss the details, intervening the conversation. "Let's just focus on getting you out of here first, ma'am." She tried to comfort.

Buck lowered himself for a better sight of the situation. "I think there's enough room. We can slide a backboard under here and pull her out that way."

"Okay, c-can you tell me your name?" Eddie asked while leaning down to have a listen of her heartbeat.

The blond woman moaned, attempting to ignore the immense pain that struck. "Lorraine."

Hen and Chimney approached the scene dropping their bags on the ground, surrounding the woman. A second didn't pass for Hen to furrow at the familiar face. "Hey, wait. Don't we know you?" She inquired as she and Chimney continued to stare with a skeptical look.

"Uh, no, I don't...I don't, I don't think so." Lorraine said lowly.

"Last year, Hancock Park." Hen stated.

Chimney nodded in agreement, adding. "That's right. I never forget a femur."

Athena reporting at the scene peered behind Chimney, humming out. "Hmm. It's the dammed Porch Pirate." She said in disbelief.

Josephine stood between Buck and Eddie watching Chimney, Hen, and Athena strolling to the ambulance truck with Lorraine to "catch up" for this little reunion. She crossed her arms over her chest and then snorted, "Karma is a bitch."