Chapter 12

Chapter 12 - Fireworks on the couch

Skandar's point of view

I shifted on the couch, her soft hair bristling against my skin, spiking short doses of adrenaline. It was the only night that we were able to be together and I wanted to treasure it. Her head was rested on my lap, eyes shut from exhaustion. I didn't get to see her bright brown eyes but it didn't matter. She looked peaceful. Her silky brown hair billowed around her, framing her perfect, flawless face. She was so beautiful. My lips hovered above her soft ones, desire swelling up inside me but I pressed them onto her cheek instead. I didn't have the right to kiss her lips. Stroking her hair and combing through the tangles, I could only think of the time we spent together. I didn't want to let her go. But I had to.

Georgie's point of view

My body jerked up, and I fell off the couch, landing on the floor with a thump. The couch. Skandar. Last night. It all rushed back to me like the blood rushing through my veins.

The door downstairs opened and closed. I felt his footsteps shudder beneath me as he stalked up the stairs. A knock sounded at my bedroom door and the door creaked open, revealing his solemn face, shadows etching into the sunken crevices that had formed on his face. He trudged over to me and opened his hand, my spare keys dangling off his finger like a ring. It slipped off and fell into my open hand.

"Figured you'd want them back. That's why you called me right?" He muttered, his eyes avoiding me the whole time.

"Thanks." I murmured and my hand tightened around the keys. He was the only one other than Anna that I had given my keys to. It was... my symbol of trust. "I want to ask you something."

"What?" he flinched, his eyes flickering up at me and back down again.

I hesitated. He was over here now. I could either ask him and break it down even further, or treasure this final time. He hurt you. My head shouted. You miss him. My heart argued. My eyes roamed over his face, memorising every inch. I needed him. "Can you stay with me tonight?"

"What?" He looked up at me, surprise evident in his eyes and voice.

"Stay with me tonight."

"Did something happen?"

"No." I lied. Maybe she was lying to break us up. He slept with her. She could've seduced him. Don't lie to yourself.

"A-are you sure?" he bit his lip.

"Yeah." I whispered. No! my head yelled. This would only make you succumb to him. It screamed. I already have.

"Okay." He blinked. He was hesitating.

"Let's go downstairs, I wanna watch a movie." It pained me so much to see him hesitate.

"Okay."

Side by side, we walked down the steps, our footsteps echoing softly through the empty house. There was a gap now in our relationship. I wanted to forget everything and start over. But it didn't work that way. He slipped his hand into mine and fireworks fizzled up my arm. I missed this. I missed him. There wasn't a word exchanged as we lay against each other on the couch, watching the colours flicker on the screen. I wasn't even paying attention to the movie; all I could feel was his heartbeat next to mine. What were you doing to me Skandar? The whole time, his hand never left mine. We were locked together. Slowly, the tension sizzled out of the air and I snuggled into him, slowly being pulled into sleep. He moved my head onto his lap as my mind swirled. I felt him shift under me and his heat close to my face. The kiss on my cheek was soft, almost sorrowful. His fingers swept through my hair, soothing my restlessness. I couldn't lie to myself anymore.