Chapter 5

Chapter 5 - The boy and the cliché

Play youtube clip while reading chapter for more atmosphere.

"Thanks Xenia." I smiled as she handed me the keys. I traced the groove of the key; it was strangely satisfying to touch. I ran my thumb over the engraved words 'Studio 4'.

"Honey, it's the 5th day you've been to the studio since you came back." She sighed, closing the drawer of keys. She rested the arms on the counter. "Did you even go to see the New Year fireworks?"

"No." I admitted embarrassedly, playing with the key.

Xenia sighed. "You're incorrigible. Don't you have a studio in your big mansion? I bet your mother made sure of that."

I laughed; I had almost forgotten that Xenia was one of my mum's students. "I like the studios here better. They're more-" I paused. "Peaceful."

"I'm pretty sure they're not, but suit yourself." She teased and shooed me off.

I walked out of the office and into the hallway. My footsteps were almost soundless against the soft music escaping from the studios. Not even a creak from the old floorboards could be heard. I guess I didn't pay attention to them. My mind was lost in the melodic notes.

I slid the key into Studio 4's door and pushed it open. My fingers reached to close the door, but at the last minute, stopped the door when it was almost closed. I didn't know what I was thinking. Maybe someone would come in and watch me, just like he did. My heart tightened. I shouldn't be thinking of him. It wasn't going to do me any good. Plopping my bag on the side of the studio, I pulled off the silk jumper but left the tights on. I sat down and slipped on the soft ballet slippers. It had been too long; my ankles were probably weaker and unable to support me on pointe. The padded slippers were soundless on the polished wood as I stepped over to the barre. Then, my natural instinct took over as my body bent and stretched rhythmically. It screamed out in pain at first, but relaxed as it got used to it again. It felt so good to stretch. Logically, I moved on to the basic barre exercises. The groan of my joints soon muted as it warmed up again. The dark green leotard tightened against my body, hugging it. Running over to my bag, I pressed play on the small speakers before skipping to the centre of the studio. I positioned myself and waited for the music to begin. Anchor by Mindy Gledhill started to play.

The beginning notes sent shivers down my spine as I started to move. Closing my eyes, I allowed my body to move naturally. Contemporary. My mind whispered and my body obeyed. Mindy started singing softly, freezing me in a releve. I danced to the dips, pauses and elongated notes of the music. My body spun and balanced and tiptoed around the room. There was no a single complaint from my limbs. I eased into a fouette effortlessly. At the climax, I threw my body to the shivering vocals, stumbling and reaching for the unknown emotions that filled me to the brim.

But you hold me close and softly say that you wouldn't have me any other way.

I held the arabesque as the vocals paused. Love. That's what I had for him. But the lyrics cut deeper than any other words because everything described in the song was so real it ached; he had protected me and believed in me. What we had was real. But now it was broken. And I don't think it would ever be fixed again.

Don't think about him. My mind urged. Concentrate.

I sped through the dance, my feet aching slightly. I stretched my muscles to its maximum and perfected my stance, hitting every note at the right time with the right movement.

When all the world is spinning round like a red balloon way up in the clouds and my feet will not stay on the ground, you anchor me back down.

I finished with a single pirouette leading onto a grand jete. Sucking in a breath, I relaxed my muscles. I was sloppy. A soft clap echoed around the room. I turned around frantically, sourcing the sound while wiping the tears that had slipped past my mask. I wasn't gonna let anyone see me cry.

Jordan was leaning against the door with a smile on his face. "Sorry. I was just passing by and I saw you dance. I didn't mean to peek but you're really good." He blushed, walking towards me.

I bit my lip, trying to prevent the heat from rising to my cheeks. "Thanks." What was I doing? I shouldn't be reacting to his compliments.

"This sounds like a cliché romance event." He laughed. I grinned and ran over to my bag, leaving him in the middle. I grabbed my bottle, gulping down the quenching water. "So I might as well continue the cliché." He continued.

"What?" I teased, licking my lips and digging my bottle back into my bag.

He coughed and ran up to me. He stopped inches from my face. "You're very beautiful Georgie." He growled in a deep voice. I bit the insides of my cheeks. I couldn't tell whether he was joking or not. "Will you go out with me?" he winked seductively.

"Uh. You may be seductive and handsome but I don't know you." I teased and pulled the collar of his white button down shirt. He must have changed because I didn't know anyone who danced in a button down shirt and jeans.

He closed the space between us, his lips almost touching mine. His breath mingled with mine. My breath hitched. "I'm handsome, am I?" he teased, smirking.

"Very." I matched his smirk. My eyes twinkled with I dare you.

"Okay. Stop, I can't handle this anymore." He laughed and pulled back.

"I win." I grinned triumphantly and danced around him in a circle.

Jordan grabbed my wrist, effectively stopping me from moving any further. "Okay seriously, this is seriously cliché but do you have time for a drink?"

"I still don't know you." I poked my tongue out. I didn't want to become close with any guy again. But Jordan was so easy to talk to.

"But you'll get to know me over this." He winked and the air around me sizzled. It would take my mind off him. But I barely knew this guy. But Xenia trusted him. Xenia thinks he's hot.

"What if you kidnap me?" I cocked an eyebrow. I didn't really trust boys at this time of my life.

"C'mon." Jordan scoffed and pointed to his face. "Look at this face. Do I look evil?"

"Yes." I answered cheekily.

"Why you little-" He grunted. "One coffee?" Jordan pleaded.

"Fine." I wiggled my eyebrows.

"You're a big flirt." He teased, grabbing my bag and slinging it over his shoulder. He walked towards the door.

"You are too." I retorted, following him.

"This way, milady." Jordan bowed and led me out the studio door.

"Thank you." I answered poshly. He reminded me so much of him. Too much. I didn't want to get hurt again.

~~~~~~~~~~

I don't really like this chapter and it's kinda short, sorry. What do you think? Do you trust Jordan?

Anchor by Mindy Gledhill on the side.

The next chapter, I'm excited for, because it celebrates an accomplishment. Stay tuned.
~staraniseblue XD