Chapter 2

Chapter 2- Flowers

The first thing I saw was green, vivid green; the fresh green of newly unfurled leaves; the beautiful green of my mother’s eyes. My eyes scanned the area. We were in my backyard. Skandar had brought me to my backyard. Why? Then the smell hit me. Mother. It was mum’s favourite perfume. How I still remember that makes no sense but how did he get the perfume?

“Georgie. Sit on the grass with me.” Skandar plopped down onto the freshly mown grass and tugged on my hand. Flowers. I sat down next to him. He had planted fresh and vibrant flowers in every colour of the rainbow around the perimeter of the backyard. The shrubs were all trimmed neatly and the gardens were weeded and mulched. He’d cleaned up the backyard. Flowers. It wasn’t perfume. It was the sweet scent of flowers. I remembered that mum used to plant flowers in the backyard. But when she’d died, I had dug them all up and thrown them away. I was 7. The last time I was here was for my birthday, but I hadn’t noticed the backyard.  That doesn’t make sense. I’m weird.

“Skandar?” I whispered.

“Wait.” He grinned and ran to the far side of the backyard under the old tree. Next to the tree, sheltered by its outstretched branches and curling leaves was something covered by a cloth. “Come here G.”

“Then why’d you ask me to sit on the grass?” I pouted, getting up.

“Didn’t exactly think that through.” He smiled sheepishly. I ran over to him and he pulled off the cloth. I skidded to a stop.

I gasped. “It’s beautiful.” A large wooden swing for two, painted mint green, stood at least 1.5 metres in height next to him, its seat overflowing with cushions big and small. “Did you?” I asked, glancing at him.

“I made it.” Skandar stood grinning proudly.

“When?”

“Beginning of the year. Logan helped me bring it to your house.”  He smiled. “Sit.”

“Don’t even need to ask.” I laughed and bounded over to the swing, sitting down. Skandar sat down next to me, and with his legs, pushed off to make the swing, well, swing.

“When did you do all this?” I breathed.

“This morning, while you were asleep.” he chuckled.

“All of this?” I looked at him in awe. He’d done so much for me. I don’t even know if I deserve all this.

“I know that you have a bad memory of this place so I wanted to change that memory. Create a new, better, more beautiful memory. You know?” He whispered, brushing his fingertips on my cheek.

I snuggled into his chest. “Thank you.”

“You’re welcome.” He wrapped an arm around me. “Do you like it?”

“I love it.” I giggled. Man I’ve giggled a lot today.

“I’m glad all my hard work paid off.” Skandar shifted his arm and reached into his pocket. “Hey Georgie?”

“Yeah?” I tilted my head up, staring into his alluring eyes.

He pulled out a blue velvet box. Ring-sized. I froze. “Open it.”

Trembling, I took the box and opened it. I looked up at him immediately, then back down, and at him again. He nodded. I plucked the ring out. It felt the same as it had five years ago - smooth and flawless. I clasped the golden ring with the sapphire and ruby wound together by gold ‘vines’. The ruby represented me and the sapphire, Skandar. This ring was my mother’s last gift to me.

“How do you?” I whispered.

“When you had chosen Logan over me that day, I’d thrown the ring into the corner of my messy bedroom out of anger. But I found it again the day I exited the hospital. I think I was meant to find it.” He whispered back.

“You kept it.” My heart fluttered.

“Of course I did.” He wrapped his arm around my shoulder. “It’s special to both of us.”

“Skandar.” I whispered, tears welling up in my eyes.

“I love you.” He whispered.

I leaned onto him, the tears spilling down my face. “I love you too.”

With his free hand, Skandar brushed the tears away, but they just kept flowing and flowing. “Don’t cry.” He murmured. “I don’t want to see you cry.”

“I – “

He held my face to his and kissed the side of my lips. I froze. The butterflies are back and attacking. “It breaks my heart to see you cry.” Skandar grabbed my hand and placed it flat against his chest. “It aches here. It feels like a rock is sitting on my chest. I can’t breathe. Please don’t make me go through it.” I hiccupped. Nope. Nope. Butterflies have moved up to hornets. My stomach felt like it was exploding. He smiled and hovered his sweet lips above mine, wrapping his arms around my waist. Immediately, I rested mine around his neck.  Our eyes closed, savouring this moment as our lips crashed and moved in sync. The hornets exploded in my stomach and chills ran around my body as his fingers tapped gently at my back. Oh my gosh. I’m in heaven.  Skandar bit my lip. I sucked in a breath. His finger started drawing small circles in the arch of my back. My skin tingled under his touch. Resisting the urge to shudder, I bit his lip back. He brushed my hair away and his lips moved down my neck, barely touching the skin. The skin prickled underneath. Skandar’s phone rang out through the silence. He jumped in surprise, fumbling for it. I laughed, sitting back into the glorious cloud of cushions.

“Hello?” he answered and paused for a moment. “What! Um. Okay. I’ll be right there.” He ended the call. “It’s mum. She wants me back before sunset.”

“Okay.” I grinned.

Skandar stood up and stretched before pulling me up. “See you tomorrow?”

I stumbled and fell into his hug. “I’ll invade your house tomorrow morning.” I replied, my voice muffled in his shirt.

“If you don’t sleep in.” he teased, kissing my forehead. “See ya.” With that, he was gone. And I felt empty. I checked my watch; It was only 5:48. A sigh slipped out of my mouth and I walked inside my house. Time to call it a day.

***

I bounced into Skandar’s driveway, holding a basket of random stuff. When I mean random stuff, I mean food. Give me credit; it was 8 in the morning. That pig said I wouldn’t be able to wake up. I’ll show him. Skipping up to his door, I pressed the doorbell and waited, twisting the golden ring around my finger. Strange. Mrs Keynes would be up by now. I rang it again. Nothing. Knocking on the door, my mind brought up all the memories I had of this house. Sweet memories with Skandar.  A single memory hit me in the head. I looked in the pot plant next to the door and dug up the spare key. How could I forget?

The door clicked open and I bounded into the kitchen. There was not a soul to be seen. Putting down the basket and grabbing the present box, I sprinted up to Skandar’s room. His plain white door was shut. He must be sleeping. Silently, I opened the door and looked inside. The gasp stuck in my throat. My heart felt like it’d been ripped out and stamped on. The box fell from my grasp and onto the floor. The noise was enough to wake him up. Him and another foreign girl tangled in his sheets.

~~~~~~~~~~

DON'T KILL ME. PLEASE. D:

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

PLEASE DON'T KILL ME .-.

I can't write kiss scenes either :"D

The next update will take a few more days cuz I've been slacking off and not writing it.

~staraniseblue XD