Chapter 21

I'm sorry guys that I took so long to update. I kinda lost my passion for writing. I'm hoping to get back into it. I'm sorry if this chapter isn't up to your standards. I just wanted to finish this book so you guys can move on. 

Chapter 21 - I'm Sorry

I woke to his shuffling and grunts. Jolting up, I blinked rapidly as light filtered into my eyes.

"What are you doing?" I asked softly, staring at Skandar as he struggled for the bedside table.

"I'm just a tiny little bit thirsty yenno." He rolled his eyes. I laughed. It felt strange, after the rush of all that'd happened. It burst out of my throat as a new energy.

"Here I'll help you." I chuckled and bounced up to his side, grabbing the glass jug. Shakily, I poured the water into a cup.

"You're shaking." He noted.

"No shizzle Sherlock." I joked. "My guns have deflated from shock."

"You still traumatised?" he whispered.

"Well I had a knife to my throat just a day ago. I'd be pretty shaken up obviously." My voice echoed pain despite my attempts of a joke.

"I'm sorry." That stung me. I didn't want him to feel sorry.

"No. I'm sorry."

"We've got a lot of things to talk about, huh?"

"Yeah. Yeah we do." I murmured.

***

The sun was tangled between the clouds, casting a subtle warmth over my legs as they swung back and forth. My back rested on the cushioned swing, watching the little leaves dance in the wind.

"He's late again." I huffed, tapping my watch.

"No I'm not." His voice was a wash of pure joy over my body. His figure appeared before me, hands behind his back, light filtering between the cracks of his fingers, hands and arms.

"Yes you are, you bumhole." I pouted teasingly, standing up. His fingers immediately squashed my lips today, into a duck bill.

"I love it when you call me bumhole." There was a flash of a wink. I scoffed, well attempted to with my lips together. His warmth grew as he leaned in, still with his fingers on my lips. He was right there, right in front of my lips, right there...

I moved my head to the left and he missed his target. A snicker exited my throat.

"Oi." He cried out.

"Too bad, Skandy Wandy." I watched him physically cringe to the nickname.

"Please don't call me that." My tongue stuck out at his disgusted face. "How you feeling?"

Sighing, I stared into his eyes. "Fine, slightly exhausted."

"With life?"

"With you." I cracked up.

"Very funny." Skandar wrapped his arms around me. "Look into my crystal eyes and you will be paralyzed."

"Sorry can't hear you."  I dodged another kiss. 

"So mean." he murmured and led me to the seat. "But seriously, how you feeling?"

The rumbling from my heart echoed through my ears, driving shocks to my chest. Finally, I voiced my feelings. "Scared."

"Of?"

I peered into his eyes. "Trusting anyone again." His eyes flickered with sorrow. "It feels heavy, right here." I pointed to my heart.

"You can't trust me anymore?"

"I want to. I want things to be like they were before."

"That's not possible."

"I know." I bit my lip and he laced his fingers through mine.

"But you know what they say?"

"What?"

Bringing my fingertips to his lips, he kissed each one gently. "Some things have to be broken to be fixed and to shine brighter than before."

"You just made that up." I mused.

Skandar leaned closer to me. "Isn't it true though?" His breath kissed my ear. "We've been broken down, but now's our chance to get back up and rebuild. Rebuild Us. Are you willing to do it?"

"You're extra cheesy today but of course I'm willing." I breathed.

The smile that followed could be envied by the sun. "Does your heart still hurt?" He whispered. 

"Not as much." His hands swept across the side of my face in a warm caress before being tucked into his pocket.

"Here." He pulled his hand back out and tapped his chest with his fist. "Take my heart instead." Unfurling his fingers, an intricate green origami paper heart shone on the palm of his hand.

"I never knew your heart was green." I mocked in a teasing tone.

"I never knew your heart was black." He scoffed, feigning hurt. "Take it." Gingerly, I did. I smoothed my thumb over the shape, taking in all the edges and bumps.

"Did you make this?"

"Of course not. I found it in the rubbish dump in Antarctica." My lips tugged up into a smile. "Open it."

"Open what?"

"The heart." 

I gave him a look but his hopeful gaze melted everything else away. My fingers followed the grooves of the paper, tenderly lifting each part up to prevent tearing it. As it unfolded, the slight lump in the centre grew more apparent. I saw the light first, refracting through the crystal beads that were intertwined through it. The silver was cold on my skin as it fell out of its pouch and onto my palm. 

"Do you like it?" He breathed with curiousity, waiting for my response.

"Did you make this as well?"

"No I found it in some penguin's poop next to the rubbish dump I found the heart in."

"It's pretty clean for something that's been covered in crap."

"So you like it?"

"I love it." 

The beam on his face widened even further. He took the silver wire woven ring, speckled with beads, from my palm with his thumb and index finger. "I know it's not a diamond ring, but that's because this isn't an engagement ring. It's a promise ring, of our future together."

I could bet that the smile I had was even bigger than his. "Skandar..."

"Will you wear it?"

Pausing, I locked my eyes with his. With a smirk, I teasingly replied with a short "No." His face morphed into the face of a ghost with an unhinged chin and I chuckled. "Yes. Yes. Of course."

"Stop scaring me, Georgie." He huffed, and smoothly slid the ring into place.

"I love it."

"I love you."

"I love you too."

"Here's to a new us." And with that, his lips met mine, and we moved with a new rhythm. 

~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for waiting this long <3 but srsly why are you reading my crappy stories LOL 

dedicated to Ben the butthole :')  : "and then Benjamin swooped in and saved Georgie from Skandar."

peace out.

~staraniseblue XD

p.s there might be an extra chapter or two ;)