Chapter 21

" Today we acknowledge, a real terrible loss," Dumbledore said, from his chair. The next day everyone was gathered in the great hall for Dumbledores speech about Cedric's death " Cedric Diggory as you all know, was exceptionally hard working, fair minded and most importantly a fierce, fierce friend. And I think therefore you have the right to know exactly how he died,"

I felt Harry immediately tense up next to me, so I gently placed the tips of my fingers onto his to see if he wanted to hold my hand. He relaxed a bit so I took the change to fully place my hand onto his " You see Cedric Diggory was murder, by Lord Voldemort!" Everyone in the great hall gave subtle gasps, and Harry quickly turned around his palm and locked our hands together " The Ministry of Magic dose not wish for me to tell you this, but not to do so, I think, would be an insult to his memory. Now the pain, we all feel at this dreadful loss reminds me, reminds us. That while we may come from different places and speak in different tongues, our hearts beat as one. In light of recent events, the bonds of friendship we made this year will be more important than ever! Reminder that, Cedric Diggory will not have died in vain, you remember that. And we'll celebrate a boy who was; kind and honest and brave and true, right to the very end."

Everyone in the hall was completely silent, and was looking at the floor in silent. You could even hear the quiet sobs that were coming from Cho Chang, and Cedric's friends, including me. " You may leave when you feel able to, Beauxbaton your carriages are ready and Durmstrang your boat is prepared." Students one by stood up in silence and exited the great hall.

" Are you ready to go." Harry whispered into my ear. I turned to face him and nodded sadly. I caught the eye of Hermione and Ron and motioned towards the doors and they gave a single nod showing that they understood what I was saying. We all walked to the common room in silence not even looking at each other, until we reached our destination.

" I'm-erm- gonna get my stuff packed." I said, motioning up to the girls dorms.

" I'll come with you." Hermione said, walking slightly forward. Harry and Ron nodded slightly, and Harry let go of my hand.

⚯͛ ϟ 9¾

Once Hermione and I packed our things we waited in silence, in the common room. After a while Ron came down from the boys common room, but without Harry.

" Where is he?" Hermione said.

" Still packing," Ron said, lifting his bag further up his arm " Told us to get a head start."

" Oh, okay then," Hermione said, eyebrows raised " Better head off then, come on Cass." Hermione picked up her bags and trunk and walked to the portrait door. Before Hermione was close enough the portrait door opened and Dumbledore walked through the portrait door, smiling at us half heartedly.

" Is Harry still in his dorm?" Dumbledore said, looking at us.

" Yes Professor." Ron said.

" Good." Dumbledore nodded kindly, before walking past us and up the stairs to the boys dorms. I stared up at where Dumbledore had left until Hermione claimed my attention.

" Come on Cassie," Hermione said from the portrait door " We better hurry up otherwise we won't get to say goodbye to the other schools."

" You mean Viktor." Ron said, rolling his eyes and crossing his arms.

" Oh shut it Ronald." Hermione said, whacking his arm with the back of her hand.