Chapter 1

Year 2
" Now children" me and Draco turned away from the bookshelf in Flourish and Blotts and looked at our Father.

" I'm going to have a talk with an old friend of mine, stay here. Don't go anywhere." He quickly left, I tried to follow him but Draco grabbed my hand.

" Don't" I faced him "You know where he's going" Knockturn Ally. My head turned towards where my Father left. " Come on" he squeezed my hand " I'll let you read to me " he said with a smirk. I beamed are him. I've always loved reading, especially to Draco, however it's now a rare occasion because of me going to boarding school in France and Father being strict on him with his studies when we did see each other.

"Okay" I said smiling, and dragged Draco up the crowded stair case which made him smile too.

" What are we reading then" he said as I sat him in a chair then sitting down in the chair in front of him.

" Well..." I paused. I bit my lip and looked down at my feet (a thing I've always done when I'm nervous). " Don't be mad AND especially don't tell father" he squinted at me trying to see if he could figure out what I was going to tell him.

"Go on" he said. I held out my index finger towards him.

" Promise" I said . When me and Draco were 6 he smashed one of Fathers and Mothers favourite vases, he ended up cutting the tip of his index finger trying to clean it up. I walked by him and saw what he had done, he immediately started crying begging me not to tell Mother and Father. I picked up a piece of the broken vase and cut the tip of my index finger and held it out towards him,and promised not to tell and we pressed our fingers together. I never told our parents what really happened that day, they thought it was me that smashed the vase, and punish me by locking me in my room for two weeks and only sent the house elves in to come give me food. Draco sat out side my room all day and night talking to me until I fell asleep or until Mother or Father caught him and sent I'm outside to play, and from that day on a promise was something we both took seriously with each other. We still have the same little scar on our finger.

" Promise" he said. We pressed our fingers together.

" Okay, well my muggle born friend at St Juvex gave me a muggle book for our birthday" I could see the look of disgust slowly forming on Dracos face.

" Come on Draco, you said you wouldn't be mad" I said.

" I'm not. I'm disappointed" he said coldly.

" Please Draco, give it a chance. It's actually really funny, it's about witches and wizards. It's really odd how muggles think we act and look"

He put his head back and closed his eyes " Go on then" he said. I smiled and quickly got out the book and started reading. Five minutes later I hear a woman say " ooo Harry" This made Dracos eyes shoot open and quickly got out of his chair to lean on the railing to look down at the crowd of people below waiting to get their books signed by Lockhart.

" Hey, I'm not finished reading yet" I said

" Shhh" He said

" Don't tell me to shush" I said closing my book and standing next to him, to see what he was looking at.

" What are we look at" I said

" Shhh Cass" he said

" Hey! Just because your five minutes older doesn't mean you get to tell me what to do. Now. What are we-"

" Harry Potter" Lockhart said from below. My eyes followed to where everyone was looking.

" Harry Potta!" The photographer said grabbing Harry by the shoulder to stand with Lockhart to take a picture.