Chapter 6

" Sit down, please" Dumbledore said, everyone went silent and sat down. " Now the moment you've all been waiting for, the champion selection" Dumbledore moved his hand around the room dimming the lights, then moved to the Goblet. Dumbledore put both of his hands on the Goblet then moved away. The Goblets fire then turned pink and spat out a piece of parchment. Dumbledore caught it with one hand and brought it to his face.

" The Durmstrang champion is... Viktor Krum" The whole of Durmstrang and Slytherin clapped loudly, I stood up and cheered. Viktor made his way to a door that was at the back of the hall, he saw me and smiled. The Fire turned pink again and everyone went quite. Dumbledore caught the parchment again.

" The champion from Beauxbatons... is Fleur Delacour" Now the whole of Beauxbaton and Ravenclaw were clapping loudly, Fleur made her way to the back door. The flames went pink a final time and Dumbledore caught the parchment.

" The Hogwarts champion, Cedric Diggory" I shot up and clapped as loud as the Hufflepuffs with a silly grin on my face. Cedric faced me and smirked, then winked. A few boys, including Lucas Burrow, saw the interaction between Cedric and I and glared at the boy that was heading to the back door.

" Oi, what was that" Ron said as I sat down.

" What?" I said fiddling with my cardigan sleeve.

" You and Diggory" Ron motioned to the back door.

" Yeah, since when we're you and Diggory a thing" Harry said smirking.

" Oh shut up" I rolled my eyes and looked away smiling. Ron and Harry started kissing the back of their hands. " Stop it!" I pushed them playfully and we all burst into a fit of laughter.

" Excellent, we now have our three champions!!" Dumbledore said " But in the end only one will go down in history, only one will hoist this chalice of champions, this vessel of victory, the triwizard cup" Dumbledore pointed to an object covered in a sheet. The sheet flew off and it revealed a huge cup glowing blue, the student started to clap and cheer. Flames started to rise from the goblet and everybody stopped, the flames turned pink and spat out another piece of parchment. I gripped onto Harry's hand, I knew something bad was about to happen.

" Harry Potter" Dumbledore said so only a few people could hear, Harry started to squeeze my hand. " Harry Potter" This time everyone could hear. Everybody faced Harry and he said down, in shock. " HARRY POTTER!!" Dumbledore shouted.

" Come on Harry" Hermione said, but Harry didn't move " For goodness sake's Harry" Hermione pushed Harry up and he let go of my hand. Harry slowly walked up to Dumbledore and took the parchment and walked to the back door.

" He's a cheat"

" He's not even seventeen yet"

As soon as the door shut everyone immediately started to talk about what just happened.

" I can't believe him" Ron said.

" What do you mean Ron?" Hermione said.

" He cheated, and he didn't even tell me"

" You can't tell me you believe that he did it, do you Ron?" I said.

" Well how do you explain his name coming out of that bloody goblet" He gestured towards the goblet.

" I don't know somebody could've put it in there!!" I said getting annoyed. Ron huffed and rolled his eyes.

" Students, please make your way back to your dorms" Professor McGonagall said.

***

" I'm off to bed" Ron said marching up to the boys dorm.

" Oh okay, night Ron" Hermione said but she only got a slammed door in reply. " I'm erm gonna go to bed, are you coming Cass?"