Please, Let Them Live.

Once we had made it out of the grill it seemed Nik's pain had subsided. "What the fuck was that?" I asked worry for my soulmate thick in every fiber of my body, it could practically fill my lungs and squeeze my heart at the pressure it weighted on me right now. "Kol." Nik groaned before grabbing me and speeding to were we could detect his scent. Low and behold the Salvatore brothers are once again hurting my family, and I am done playing nice with them. Both of them. I growled at the sight of Kol with a dagger in his heart; Alaric, Damon and Stefan trying to move his limp body but they froze at the purely primal sound that left my body. I sped to Damon, slamming him against the wall by his neck, while Nik knocked out Stefan and Alaric, also removing the dagger from his brother. "I should have known you weren't going to give up, hope Elena was worth it. Consider our friendship officially null and void." I declared through clenched teeth squeezing down on his windpipe more and more as he held onto my wrist with a vice grip in attempts to pull me away. "Go ahead and kill me. It won't stop Esther from killing your new 'family' or your  so called soulmate." Damon spat back through the pressure I was putting on his throat. "What did you say?" Nik growled out from next to me. I pressed Damon into the brick building harder, the slight pop of the bricks cracking and chipping behind his spine mixing with his struggle to breath. He had to be lying, she can't take them away from me. They're her children, she wouldn't kill them. "You didn't know I was friends with your mummy? Yeah, we have a lot in common. She hates you as much as I do." Damon bit back. Nik was fuming and just as we were going to attack , we were stopped.

"Sister, Leave him! We still need them, Niklaus." Elijah shouted from the stairs. "What did mother do? What did she do, Elijah?" Nik  turned to his brother while I kept my glowing red eyes on Damon. I was hurt, betrayed an absolutely livid and while my face and body only portrayed my want to rip into is throat with my teeth, my eyes showed everything else. He had the audacity to show guilt and sadness in his which a scoffed off with a sadistic chuckle and a shake of my head. I turned away from him and walked over to my mate, gripping onto him for dear life, while Elijah walked over to Damon with his phone out, ready to show him what I'm sure is going to be something motivational for what Lijah needs them for. Damon's eyes stayed on me for a few moments with regret flooding them before he looks at the phone screen. "You tell me where the witches are or I'll have my sister kill Elena right now." Elijah threatened stoically. Damon looks up at the clock tower behind Nik and I with panic that turns into frustration. "You told me we had until after nine." Damon argued. " I'm sure Rebekah will be more than happy to start her work early." Elijah said ending the argument. Elijah turns back to Nik, a now awake Kol and I, with a nod we all go to leave together on an Original Witch hunt.  As we walk further from the Alley, the terrifying thought of once again losing my only family seeps into my brain and the paranoia starts to slowly flood through my chest. Esther has to die, I refuse to risk the life of the man and family I love because of a thousand year old grudge she has or shame she feels.

I hadn't spoken since learning about what Esther had been planning, too consumed with worry and trying not to explode at any given moment and I'm sure Nik can sense that but has been fuming about the events himself. Once we had been informed where she was planning to sacrifice Finn; Elijah, Nik, Kol and I sped into the woods in unison. "They're coming, Mother!" We hear Finn say as we walk closer to the sound of her heart pounding and the scent of deceit. " No, it's too soon, the moon is not high enough. Go! Quickly!" Esther warned the Bennett witches rushing them away before we fully got there. The four of us came upon the non-lit pentagram. Nik and I holding each other's  hand in a firm grip, like our tight grasp would keep us tethered to life if she did kill Fin in that moment. " My sons, come forward." Esther commanded. "Stay beside me, mother." Finn asked her pulling her into the pentagram, his protective gaze rapidly moving between the four of us trying to gauge who will pounce first. "It's okay. They can't enter." Esther calms him while angering us four further. Kol struts closer to the pentagram for it to suddenly erupt into powerful flames, backing him up and causing both Nik and I to simultaneously try and pull one another away from the chaotic flames by our interlocked hands.

" That's lovely. We're stuck out here, while the favorite son plays sacrificial lamb. How pathetic you are, Finn." Kol barks in frustration at his 'brother'. "Be quiet, Kol. Your brother knows virtue you cannot even imagine." Esther penalizes her second youngest son. "Whatever you think of us, killing your own children will be an atrocity." Elijah states with a calm and confidence that is threatening. "My only regret is that I did not let you die a thousand years ago." She admitted. I shifted closer to Nik as his grip on my hand tensed. "Enough. All this talk is boring me. End this now, Mother, or I'll send you back to Hell." Nik said my eyes glowing red in agreement with his proposal. "For a thousand years, I've been forced to watch you. Felt the pain of every victim, suffered while you shed blood. Even you, Elijah, with your claim to nobility, you're no better. All of you. You're a curse on this Earth. Stretched out over generations. If you've come to plead for your life, I'm sorry, you've wasted your time." Esther said with finality and had the audacity to even sound a bit remorseful. "You're wrong. They don't deserve to die because you can't handle the consequences of your actions. They aren't your family anymore Esther." I said stepping in front of the three brothers, the flames getting higher and higher with each step I took but I still came closer as my ring started to glow in protection. "I made them, they are my family and I will end them!" She screamed in rage seeing how her protective fire was doing nothing to me as a slowly crept forward, pulling out of Nik's firm grasp while his brothers keep him from moving with me. "No, they are my family now. My pack. I will be damned if your sorry ass takes them from me. You're nothing but a manipulative bitch and a horrible mother." I growled my eyes glowing red as I let claws and fangs protrude.

As I go to lunge at the witch the fire roars and becomes so powerful  I have to turn away from it. In a quick second I feel two grasps on my upper arms, being pulled back and shielded. "No! Sisters! Do not abandon me!" I hear Esther scream as the three bodies are still all blocking both me and themselves from the still harsh flames. "Mother!" I hear Finn's worried yell before the heat of the flames was suddenly lost and it was quiet. When I opened my eyes I saw Nik and Elijah's grasp on my upper arms while both of them and Kol were all turned away from the fire and blocking me from the flames. We all looked to see the pentagram empty and burnt. An uneasiness setting in my gut that she's still out there. "Are you alright?" Nik asked turning me toward him looking me over for any burns or injuries, pure worry in his indicolite colored eyes. "I will be when I rip your mothers jugular out with my teeth." I huffed in frustration. "Then what the bloody hell were you thinking getting that close to the flames?!" Kol yelled at me causing a small light hearten smirk to appear on mine and his brothers faces. "Defending my family and pack, vampie." I replied with a smirk. "Does that make us honorary wolves?" Kol asks as we start walking out of the woods. "Yeah, I guess it does." I said taking hold of Nik's hand again before I tell them my idea. "And being queen of wolves while also wanting this family to survive. You two need to leave town until Nik, Beks and I find a way to unlink you all and find your mother ." I said causing Elijah and Kol to look at me with confusion. "Why? If we split up now, we cant defeat her together?" Elijah questions. "If we don't and we are unlinked, all mothers targets are in the same place at the same time. If we split up it will be harder for her to get to all of us and you can do your own searches and find her if they've left Virginia all together." Nik told them agreeing with my plan despite the sadness in his tone. "Then we'll do what we have to. For our family." Elijah says giving in to our idea. We look to Kol to see the hesitance before rolling his eyes. "For our family." He says as his admission to the agreement. "Let's go home." I sighed, putting my arm behind Nik's back above his hips and he put his arm around my shoulder, briefly pulling me closer to kiss my temple as the four of us went home. The weight of my  families lives on my shoulders and my worries from past trauma squeezing my insides like a viper. The thought that seems the loudest in my mind: Please, let them live.