All too well in fact

Empty. Void. It was jarring to see Stefan's eyes that way. " Why would you do that?" I angrily asked Nik as we walked to the room where Tyler was with a small bottle of Elena's blood. "Doesn't matter now, love, what's done is done." He says still on his search for his possible first hybrid. "No Niklaus is does matter. What do you benefit from Stefan not having his humanity?" I ask so only be ignored as we stepped into the room with Beks, Caroline and an awake Tyler. "How are you feeling Tyler?" I ask bending to his eye level. I could see his fear of his own life in his eyes. "Am I going to die?" He asked me his body covered in sweat from transitioning into a hybrid. I looked at Nik and the vial of blood in his hand and then to Tyler. "I'm going to need you to drink this and complete the transition, Tyler." I said taking the Vial from Nik's hand. "What no he'll die!" Caroline says from next to me. " He will die if he doesn't Care. At least with this he gets a fighting chance." I said to my friend gently before returning my gaze to Tyler. "It's Elena's blood just try it, Ty." I said handing the vial to him and standing back up. He looked at me hesitantly before throwing the blood back like a shot. He drank most of it when he started screaming and thrashing in pain. "Tyler!" Caroline screams trying to run to him but Rebekah holds her back as Nik holds me in place from trying to help Tyler as well.  He falls off the seat he's in and continues convulsing but Nik's hold on me keeps me in place. Tyler stills breathing harshly and Elena's blood dripping from his moth as his eyes glow gold with dark veins appearing beneath the glow. I gasped at the appearance. It worked. "Now that's a good sign." Nik whispered with a relieved smile.

****Small Time Skip ( I sorry)******

I stood leaning against a car that Rebekah was currently sitting on top of in the parking lot of Mystic Falls Hospital, waiting for Nik. "I just don't know why he cares so much for those damn hybrids when he can compel minions instead of create them." Rebekah told me as she stared at the stars. "I can see the appeal." I said looking around at the night sky. Rebekah let out a scoff and hairy laugh. "of course the only person who can even slightly understand Niklaus' mind would be you, love." She said lightly pushing me by my shoulder in a joking manor. I rolled my eyes and tried to ignore the light blush creeping up. " Whatever Beks. I was just-" I got cut off seeing Nik come out of the hospital and walk to us. "So the doppelganger wasn't the problem, she was the answer?" Rebekah clarified. "How did you know?" Rebekah asked her older brother. I found myself wondering that same question. "The original witch hated me. You really think I would do anything but the opposite of what she said?" Nik said with raised brows. "So it's a good thing Damon and Stefan saved her. Otherwise-" I was cut off again by the original hybrid. "My hybrids would fail. Leaving me alone forever." Nik said with sadness in his blue eyes. "That's what this is about? Your obsession with hybrids you just don't want to be alone?" Rebekah asked with slight confusion. "What i want is to take my girls, my hybrid, and the doppelgänger and get the hell out of this one pony town." Nik said avoiding his sisters question as well as the emotions they brought. "Darling sister, why don't you go to the truck and wait for me? Take Ally with you?" He asked her causing her to roll her eyes and slide down the car holding her hand out so she could lead the way. "Actually, Beks, I'll meet you there." I said and she gave a little suggestive smirk. "Just go." I said with a laugh nudging her causing a laugh to escape her before she sped off.

I looked up to Nik to see him looking at the stars above his head. I walked over and stood next to him leaning against the car again. "I understand why you've wanted this Nik." I said looking at his profile in the dim somewhat empty parking lot we were in. A small yet slightly skeptical smile made its way to his lips. "Do you now?" He asked. "Yes I do. All too well in fact." I said still looking at him studying his movements and features. He turns his head to me and searches my eyes for an answer to a question he has yet to ask. "Because if I had the chance, I would do the same thing. It gets lonely being the only different one." I said to him. "I was wondering when you'd show up." Nik said, his evil smirk returning to his lips. My confusion only lasts a second before I see Damon. "I was wondering when you'd show up." Nik said turning his back to me to face Damon. My mind was becoming cramped with all the events that happened today and i took a moment to tune both of them out while running my hands through my red wavy hair. Then Nik had Damon slammed against a car by his throat. "Don't you want to know about Mikael?" Damon said, his voice strained from Nik's hold. Like that the tables turned and a sliver of fear crawled up my back as Damon threatened to bring Mikael here. "Consider it our leverage." Damon said  before Nik slammed him down onto the car again and suddenly I feel a grip around my waist and I wasn't near the hospital anymore.

In the mere blink of an eye Nik and I were in front of the car we had been using all summer. Stefan soon walked up still not a care in the world. "What i miss?" He asks nonchalantly. "Stefan you are to stay here in mystic falls and look after both my new hybrid and the doppelganger until I return." Nik says opening the trunk and throwing Stefan's bag at him which the ripper caught. Stefan sped away after receiving his instructions. "Nik where are you going, what about Rebekah and I? And what about Mikael?" I asked the fear and frustration coating his fathers name as it left my mouth. Nik put a hand on each shoulder looking me in the eyes for a moment before sighing. "If Damon does bring my father to Mystic falls you both would be safer away from me. I am going to go make more hybrids and when I return they all will help me to keep you and my family safe." He said his right hand playing with my hair a bit. "But until then there is something you need to do." Nik went into one of his bags of luggage and brought out an old looking drawstring bag that was quite small, he opened it and brought out a ring. The v shaped gold ring with a single red diamond on it with a spell to protect his mate, to protect me. "I need you to wear this at all times." Nik said taking my right hand and putting the ring onto my ring finger, it fit perfectly. I looked at the ring then to Nik, his eyes pleading with me to agree to keep it. "Okay. I wont take it off." I said to ease his worry.  He went and turned to get into the car. "Niklaus wait." I said making him turn around his face holding slight confusion until i walked over to him and gave him a hug. My arms wrapped around his shoulder as I stand on the tips of my feet. I felt him slowly wrap his arm around me, as if the feeling of being hugged was foreign to him which it might just be. "Be careful." I whispered. "Always, love." He said before I broke the hug and gave him a smile. He turned away from me and I sped away. The bad feeling that crawled it's way up my spine now reaching the pit of my stomach and worsening by the second.