He Never Told Her

Nik and Ally had made it back to Mystic Falls late in the night after a supposed funeral ended in Tyler Lockwood getting shot at once again. Nik had been setting up where he and Ally where going to stay and Ally wanted to walk around the woods, a break from the extremes of their everyday life. As she walked she heard a familiar voice in the distance. "So, thanks, friend. Thanks for leaving me here to babysit, because I should have been long gone by now. I didn't get the girl, remember? Either girl for that matter. I'm just stuck here fighting with my brother and taking care of the kids. You know I really blew it with Ally big, now she's off with Klaus and left me alone.  You owe me big" Damon said to Alaric's grave. 

Ally sped to where he was and saw him about to walk off. "Maybe if you weren't such a dick to me and Nik and apologized it would have worked out." She says surprising him. "The hell are you doing in town? Thought you and your hybrid boyfriend skipped the second you found out he was still alive?" Damon asked with a hard front on as Ally leaned on a tree. "Heard about the hunter. Our interest was peaked." Ally shrugged. "You smell different." Damon points out making Ally pull a face. "Your scent changed, it's like it mixed with someone else's." Damon said and then Ally understood. "Nik and I sort of completed the soulmate bond." She says a bit meekly. "Ew." Damon says standing up. "Why are you really here, Day? Talking to a grave with the wrong birthday engraved on it." Ally pointed out making Damon scoff. "Knew it was wrong." he said under his breath. He looked at Ally and for a moment he was brought back to when he had feelings for her.

When Damon first met her they were at a bar in Ohio and he tried feeding on her which obviously didn't work but she helped him find someone else to settle his hunger, some dickhead with grabby hands that frequented that bar. It was a beautiful friendship from there. They moved to Mystic Falls together and he stayed with her while staying hidden from Stefan. He had feelings for her but he obsessed with Katherine, but there they were feelings for his werewolf friend, a crush really. He never told her about his feelings because they would pass and they could go on as friends and he wouldn't ruin anything. "I'm alone, Red." He confessed. "She chose him and they will be together for eternity and I will have a bottle of whiskey." He painted a sad picture. " You just assume I wouldn't be there for you? All you have to say is two words, one's  a compound word which is half of two words so technically it only kind of is a word." She says making Damon laugh. "I'm sorry." He says with sincerity and Ally smiles giving Damon a hug that he cherishes as it happens. He really missed her, missed this. "Don't let it happen again." She says and Damon nods squeezing her. The two friends stood hugging in the cemetery for a few moments with joy in their hearts and relief that they have one another. 

The two went their separate ways after a few moments and Ally made it home and walked up behind her mate wrapping her arms around him kissing his shoulder. "Hello, amor." She said sneaking her hands under his shirt. "Hello, darling. How was your walk?" He asked turning around to face her. "Good, I ran into Damon." She said and Nik tensed at the mention of the Salvatore. "Don't do that. He just said he was sorry for how he treated us and promised he let it go." She said placing a kiss over Nik's heart. "Mm. I still don't trust him around you." Nik said knowing that there's no possible way someone can be around Ally for so long and not love her, he himself couldn't resist loving her. " No one says you have to trust him. Just trust me." She says and Nik sighs before nodding his head and kissing her on the lips.  "You know he said he could smell you on me." She said when they slightly pulled apart. "Good." Nik answered before grabbing her in another kiss, his hands wondering down to her ass squeezing it hard enough to elicit a moan from his mate. "Upstairs. Now." Nik moaned into her mouth and without a second thought Ally sped to the bedroom and Nik smirked before following after her.