Collateral Damage Then Bliss

Ally's P.O.V.

I drove Nik and I to the Salvatore's. "You think they found him already?" Nik asks with curiosity. "No but I'm sure they have Beks daggered in their basement." I said grumbled. Nik grabs my hand lightly in a comforting manor. "Look at that the original hybrid calming me down. Who would have thought?" I said jokingly causing a smile to spread on his face. I giggled lightly at his reaction finding it cute before we made it to the front door and Nik knocked politely. "It's open." I hear Damon say from in the house and roll my eyes at his childish act he's putting on cause he's mad. I open the door and walk right inside guiding Nik to where I know Damon will be, the living area. I was right he was there pouring drinks into three glasses, one having a bit more than the other two. "I think it's about time the three of us had a drink don't you?" Nik says to Damon as Damon faces us. "I'd say we're overdue." Damon says clearly not enjoying the situation but knowing its needed. "Well you have been busy, Dames, you know plotting, scheming." I say walking around the room I have seen countless times. "You know me, Cherry Locks, never miss a chance to plan an epic failure." He says handing me the drink with the largest amount of bourbon in it. I looked at it and slowly took it and nodded my head in a slight awkward thanks.

Nik comes over to my side continuing the conversation. "Don't be too hard on yourself. Who would have thought your own brother would betray you?" Nik says taking the remaining glass of alcohol. "Well I did have a front row seat to when your sister lied to you." Damon says pissing Nik off slightly. "Yeah well she's fickle that one." Nik shot back with attitude making me shoot him a look though I understand he's hurt by Beks. "And you have not a clue where she is?" I challenge him. He looks at me briefly before gazing around the room while answering the question, his tell that he's lying. "That's the thing with younger siblings. You never know what they're gonna do." Damon says to Nik feigning a laugh. I scoff at his reply and walk over to the fire place not being able to stand being lied to to my face. My body temperature starting to rise since the full moon is tonight and now the uncomfortable heat my body creates is starting to annoy me as well while Nik pretends to laugh along. Damon pours himself and Nik another drink while I chug my whole cup in one go and set the glass on the fire place.

"We have a lot in common you and I." Nik says making me raise a brow and Damon's face to contort both of us conveying confusion. "Really? Well yeah maybe we can bond over our mutual hater of my brother? Why are you so mad at him?" Damon asks as Nik moves to the front of the couch. "He stole something." I said walking over with my glass in hand and getting on the couch with my knees holding my cup out to Damon with puppy dog eyes to which he let out a short breath of a laugh before pouring me another drink. "My family. The originals. I had them daggered, boxed-up awaiting the day when I saw fit to wake them. And he went in and pinched the bloody lot." Nik explained. I sat down normally on the couch facing Nik since my seat was in front of where he stood and he smile when my eyes caught his making my own lips perk up as well. Damon leisurely walks over to the other side of Nik. "Of course he did. Such a buzzkill, my baby bro. Well, I'd love to find him. Just the trouble is, I sure as hell don't work for you" He says to Nik making Niklaus face him, no doubt quite annoyed with the game Damon is playing.

"You know, your drink stinks of vervain- so I can't compel you. There'd be no point in killing you because you're actually the one with the most hope of getting me what I need. And yet it would seem a demonstration is in order. Perhaps I wasn't clear enough when I told you to find Stefan. Well, it seems you people respond best to displays of violence. Why don't you take this as an example of my reach?" Nik says before taking out his phone. I down my drink in one go again but curiously sit up when I see Nik making a call, my brows knitting together in question. Damon looks at me and see's that I know nothing about what he's doing either and looks back to Niklaus. I listen in as best I could on the phone call and heard a familiar voice. "Hello?" Jeremy. I looked at Nik in worry and confusion. Why call Jeremy? "There he is! So, that thing I told you to do...why don't you go ahead and get on with it?" He said with a smirk. "Nik what did you do?" I asked growing concerned for Jeremy. He simply smiled at Damon. "Let's go, love, Damon needs to check on poor Jeremy in a second." He said before grabbing me gently and speeding us into my car, him driving. "You compelled him didn't you? What did you do to him Nik?" I ask getting mad. "Nothing big darling just to stand in the middle of the street without his magic little ring waiting for Tony to run him over." He says with slight pride. "He's just a kid, Nik! He's like seventeen, Niklaus, seventeen and you're using him as collateral damage?" I say disappointed and he stays silent for a moment his body tense at my tone. "Already want to throw in the towel?" He says referring to our relationship. I sigh and reach over to grab his hand, lacing my fingers with his to which he returns the grip firmly but not to hurt me, to assure i wont leave. "Just because I'm disappointed doesn't mean we're over. You just better hope Jeremy somehow doesn't get hurt. I'm fine with you doing that shit to Stefan or Damon but Jeremy is kid who has nothing to do with this aside from being Elena's brother." I say. "Him and Caroline are off limits." I say with finality. "Caroline?" He questions. "She thinks me being with you isn't revolting, she actually quite likes you and I together." I say smiling at the fact that at least not all my friends hate me for my feelings toward Nik. He looks over to me and nods his head in understanding and agreement before kissing the back of my hand as we arrived at his place.

I after an hour of helping Nik decide final renovations to his house I got an enthusiastic phone call from Caroline. "Hello, Care, Happy Birthday!" I said with a smile already knowing what to expect from her end. "How did you get me this gorgeous bracelet and how can i pay you back?" She said happily. "Caroline Forbes you have been through a lot this bast year alone and you turned into a vampire without your consent. It is also your birthday, you deserve something as shiny and beautiful as your personality." I said honestly to her. "I love you so much. I don't understand why everyone else is being so closed off because of you and Klaus." She said making me smile and look at Nik who has been trying to look like he wasn't listening in. "I don't know either. But eventually they could come around." I say hearing a pregnant pause. "Yeah maybe not." I said making us both laugh a little. "Well everyone and I are going to this random place Elena wants to take me to help me deal with the fact I cant age and this amazing bracelet arrived at my front door and had to thank you." She  said as I heard the jingle of keys and a door locking. "Always, Care, hope it made your first supernatural birthday a bit less rough." I said sympathetically remembering my first birthday after what happened to me. "It really did. I'll talk to you later, Ally. Oh, and if you want i can get you in the morning after tonight's full moon, I know Damon usually does but since everything..." I smiled at her generosity before answering her. "Thanks, Caroline, but uh Nik is actually going to help me." I said blushing a bit. "Awe that's so cute! Okay you have to update me on you guys later. Bye, Ally." I blushed harder before telling her i would dish on Nik and so far and telling her bye.

When I hung up the phone I heard a light 'whoosh' and felt a breeze before i felt two strong arms wrap around my mid  section. I let my hands rest on those arms slightly rubbing them while leaning back into Nik's embrace. "Is there anything you need for tonight, love?" Nik asks hugging me to him more. I shake my head no. "Nope I have a bag in my trunk of extra clothes to wear after and I have my eavesdropping hybrid boyfriend slash soulmate. I think I'm covered." I say jokingly and I could practically feel him roll his eyes at my comment. I look back at him smiling and taking in all of his features him looking at me as well us moving our  faces closer till our foreheads and the tips of our nose touch with our eyes closed. "I'm glad i finally met you." I said to him my eyes still closed. "I'm glad I finally got you, though I don't know how." I lifted my head away from his and opened my eyes causing him to do the same. I completely turned in his arms and put one hand in his golden curls and the other on his cheek as i gazed into his intoxicating baby blue eyes. " You don't give yourself enough credit Mr. Mikaelson. You and the rest of the supernatural world may think you're a monster, but I see the good you. I think i always will." I said , the truth spilling out effortlessly. He kissed me in response. A kiss filled with thankfulness and gratitude, a kiss that left me in a haze just like the others we've shared. When we pulled apart it was almost no time before we came together again addicted to the feeling of our lips together as he pulled me tighter to him as one of his hands gets lost in my hair. Both my hands are already in his hair, one gripping his hair lightly and the other on the nape of his neck. Our single kiss turning into us making out in the middle of the foyer. It wasn't rushed and sloppy, It was gentle and meaningful. It slowed the world around us until it simply felt like we were the only thing existing. It took over my thoughts completely to where my whole body and being was just this feeling and I knew Nik felt it too. When we pulled apart for air my heart was pounding and my senses returned to me, the world unfroze and Nik and I just smiled with goofy grins. This was bliss.