Going to Hell Quickly

"Come on I just want to know! Is the hot new rich guy in town the hickey guy or not?" My co-worker, Marie asks. " Hot new rich guy did give me the hickey. His name is Klaus and yes he's my boyfriend." I say to her with a smile as I poor up and shake up drinks for the people sitting at the bar. "Woah, that summer trip must have done something to you. You were never one to do any sort of commitment." She said leaning over the bar not noticing the table of people trying to get her attention. "He's special. Now table ten looks about ready to storm over here if you don't tend to them." I said nodding my head in the direction of the customers. "Right, I'm working, well I'll talk to you later Red." She said turning around and plastering on a fake sympathetic smile for the angry table. I've been working for a good few hours while dodging nosy co workers questions on my love life. I continue making drinks and warning away under aged kids trying to get a beer or two, a few virgin drink request every now and again. Alaric has been chatting it up with Doctor Fell since they came in during the lunch rush. They seem cute together, a bit awkward, but I'm glad he's healing from Jenna. When she gets up and leaves Damon waltzes in and does a scan of the restaurant seeing me at the bar and throwing me a wink causing me to roll my eyes with a smirk. I listen into his conversation with Alaric using my wolf hearing while making them a drink. "What's the damage?" Damon asks the smitten history teacher. "No damage." Alaric says. "Come on, Ric, a fact of life. A girl that hot, that smart.....damage." Damon says as I walk over giving them both drinks. "If i were looking for red flags, her ex is always calling her a psycho. He had a post break-up habit of getting hammered on the grills tequila supply, that stopped a while ago though." I added to the conversation. "Yeah, Cherry Locks, that came from her ex though, it doesn't count." Damon said. I shrugged in agreement with that point of view. "Yeah I guess you're right." Alaric says as Damon takes Ric's notebook opening it then giving it back to him. "That's yours." He says. "Ooh I wonder how my exes would call me?" Ric asks trying to prove a point. "Nothing. Their all dead." I said walking back behind the bar earning a laugh from Damon. Then Damon tells Alaric that Meredith's ex was murdered and found this morning staked in the chest. After Ric left Damon went over to the bar and sat in front of me. "Do you think somethings up with Ric's sexy doctor friend?" Damon asks me a bit of concern pushing through his eyes. "If their is i don't think it's anything that serious. But i know you, and you are going to go find out either way and it will get you in some situation but it's worth it to you as long as it ensures Ric's happiness." I say honestly with a tilted head and raised brow smirking at the raven haired vampire. "You know me well my sexy red haired friend." He says downing his shot."I still loathe the idea of you and Klaus." He retorts. "Yeah but you love me so you'll get over it. Now go investigate the hot lady doctor." I say firmly knowing that it's true. He rolls his eyes but doesn't disagree before throwing well over the cost of his drink on the bar top.  "Keep the change." He says with a smirk before getting up and walking away on his new mission.

Moments later I'm switching out empty bottles for the unopened ones. Currently I was changing out the pour spouts on the white rum when I felt two strong arms wrapped around my mid section. Before Nik's scent reached me I turned quickly and in shock gripping harshly on the arms that tried grabbing me. When I saw Nik's face I instantly relaxed as he found my reaction hilarious. "Babe, that's not funny and you can't be behind the bar it's a health code violation." I said trying to push him out from behind the bar. He stood his ground not moving at all but instead pulling me to him and giving me a kiss that I gladly returned without a second thought. "Hello to you too, love." He said pushing a fallen chunk of hair behind my ear before kissing my forehead. "Hi. What are you doing here?" I asked as he detached himself from me and sat in front of the bar where he is suppose to. "It's your lunch break and I wanted to spend it with you. I also have a plan in the works to get the coffins that requires me to have patience, what better way to distract myself than my lovely girlfriend." Nik says making me blush at his compliments while i bite my lip. "Well then I guess I should take my break then." I said with a smile leaning over the bar giving Nik a quick kiss on the lips. "Ahem." I hear from next to us and I see Marie standing there with a smirk and crossed arms. "Babe, this is my co-worker and friend Marie, Marie this is is my boyfriend." I said introducing the two. "Hello, Marie, people call me Klaus." Nik says shaking her hand with a smile. "Nice to meet you, me and the rest of the waiting staff call you the hickey maker." She says with a grin making me blush and Nik a bit confused. "I'll cover the bar while you take a lunch the restaurant is pretty dead anyways." Marie says getting behind the bar and pushing me out and I grab Nik and sit him next to me at a near booth. "Hickey maker?" He questions. "You know um when you brought me in after we had shifted together and we where making out and you started kissing my neck and all that?" I asked becoming flustered at the memories. A satisfied and sexy grin found Nik's lips. "Yes quite well in fact." He hushed as he started massaging his fingers through my hair getting close to me. "Well you left a few hickeys behind." I said leaning my head on his shoulder as he continued his soothing movements on my hair. "Good." He said possessively making me huff out a quiet laugh looking at what the menu had to offer, not paying much attention since i know what I wanted.