Chapter 4

[Remnant]

"Another missing case." Glynda grumbled, putting the file on the desk of Ozpin.

"This is getting out of hand, Ozpin. At this rate, all the people of Remnant might disappear."

Ozpin furrowed his eyebrows in frustration. It was an odd feeling, as he had never been the type to get frustrated easily. This was the first time he remembered what being frustrated feels like.

"Any reports from Qrow?" Ozpin asked, grabbing the file.

Glynda sighed sadly, "We think that Qrow might've also disappeared."

Ozpin dropped the file and held his head, groaning with frustration. One of his closest allies has disappeared to who knows where?

An Atlas Bullhead flew by the window, Glynda staring at it with disgust. "I can't believe we have to make Atlas defend Beacon."

"I know how you feel about James, Glynda, but we are in desperate times." Ozpin said, glancing at his assistant.

"I know. . . But I never thought the day where Vale's people rebel against us." Glynda expressed.

Ozpin shared her feeling, all the staff did. But at least he got all the students to go back home, especially after mysterious disappearances started happening at Beacon.

But it was so sudden. In one month it had grown to become this big of a problem. In one month, the cities of Remnant have become a war zone. In one month, countless people have been taken by this mysterious anomaly. All because we let our guard down. Because we underestimated the situation earlier, the kingdoms—no, Remnant has to suffer, because of our past mistakes.

Whoever, or whatever did this. I will be sure to make them pay. Everyone who has been taken by this, wherever you are, I know you are fighting, I know you are trying your best to survive. So please, I ask you, please wait for a little bit longer. We will surely be able to save all of you. Just fight, no matter what, fight to survive!

[Earth]

"I will not die here!" Ruby screamed, mashing her fingers on the buttons on the controller.

"Give up littl sis, there's no way you can win against me!" Yang declared boastfully, also mashing the buttons in the controller.

Upon discovering Mortal Kombat, the two girls have become addicted to the game. They now spend most of their free time by playing the game.

"Hey, don't mash your fingers on the controller so hard, you'll break it!" Y/N strictly told them.

"Yeah, yeah. We know mom!" Yang said jokingly, her eyes still focused on the game.

Y/N facepalmed and sighed, "You guys are already acting like regular teenagers on Earth."

Brushing the two off, Y/N walked into the kitchen where Blake was intently reading Harry Potter and Weiss was playing with our latest interdemensional traveler.

"Oh are you so cute." Weiss acclaimed, carrying Zwei in her arms.

Zwei barked happily and licked her face, making Weiss giggle with happiness.