Chapter 16

"So how long are you gonna stare at me?"

"For as long as I want."

Y/N sighed and continued whisking the dressing for a salad while Yang watched him. She had been hanging around him more often for some reason, sometimes even picking him over Ruby, but she would leave him for Ruby in the end.

"You look like such a stay-at-home dad." Yang giggled, looking up and down at Y/N, examining the apron he wore around him.

"I'm not surprised." Y/N said as he settled down the bowl on the counter top. "I do live with four children. So I expect I would look like a dad."

"Hey!" Yang said, acting offended. "We are not children!"

"Really?" Y/N glanced over his shoulder to her. "I thought you were judging from how you behave."

"Wow," Yang said, smirking, "is that how you talk to your elders?"

"That's how I talk to my elders who have a the mental capacity of a child." He said, reaching up and opening the kitchen cabinet. "Why don't you go call Blake. That'll make me think you're a bit more mature." He pulled out the olive oil.

"We're having salad? Again?" Yang groaned, dropping her head to the table. "Can we have something different? Something meaty?"

"I would've made tuna salad." Y/N said, carefully putting the oil onto a tablespoon. "But someone ate all the tuna, and fish."

Yang's eyes widened, immediately knowing who the culprit was. But also coming to the realization that Y/N never discovered Blake's Faunus features.

"Wasted fifty dollars in those fish. Twenty-four for the tuna as well." Y/N said annoyingly.

"I think I'm gonna call Blake now." Yang said, rising up from her chair. "You're almost done, right?"

Y/N gave her a nod and Yang left the kitchen. She passed by the living room to see Ruby cuddling Zwei while Weiss seemed to be lost in thought.

She spent the rest of her short journey to their room pondering why Blake would suddenly eat their supply of fish. Sure, she was a cat and she loved fish but she would never eat the ones they had without their consent.

As Yang approached the room, she heard sounds. They were muffled but grew louder and louder each step she took forward. Once she reached the door, she pressed her ear up against it and listened carefully.

"Y/N. . . mmm~" She heard Blake's muffled moan.

Yang gulped and stepped away from the door, a little shocked that Blake said Y/N's name out of all people. Could she. . . . she couldn't be. . . . . . hopefully. . .

Yang was frozen solid for a couple off seconds before finally knocking the door. She heard a soft thud and rapid running inside before Blake opened the door.

"Erm, you ok there Blakey?" Yang asked her.

Blake's clothes were ruffled up and her hair was a mess, she was breathing suspiciously heavily and her face had a faint red glow to it.

"Y-yeah." Blake panted, seeming nervous. "I-I'm fine."

"Okay." Yang said, unconvinced. "It's time for lunch."

As much as Yang wanted to ask Blake about the fish incident, now didn't really seem like a good time. Yang went back downstairs and back into the kitchen where, as always, she found Y/N and Weiss arguing.

"I'm tired of salad, Y/N!"

"Sorry this doesn't live up to your standards, Ice Queen!"

"It's not about standards! It's about getting tired of the same thing!"