Chapter 21

Menagerie, Remnant

"This must be frustrating for you, isn't it?" Adam smirked, staring at Ghira, who was glaring at him with murderous intent. "Your own people have turned against you. The island you once controlled, is a few inches away from toppling into chaos."

Ghira grit his teeth, watching as Adam pressed the blade of his sword on Kali's neck. She shuddered at the cold feeling of the blade, gulping nervously, her eyes filled with fear.

"It's simple, Ghira. You go out there, announce that you decided to join the White Fang, or—" he pressed the blade deeper, enough to make Kali start bleeding, "—we kill your beloved wife. You don't want to lose another family member, would you?"

Ghira stared at his wife, and for the first time in Kali's life, she saw a look of helplessness on his face. A look he had never thought he would have to show to his family. The tough, strong leader of Menagerie, for the first time in his life, was completely unsure of what to do.

If he did pledge allegiance to the White Fang, the rest of Menagerie would follow, giving them more power. With Remnant in pieces, the last thing the world government needs is a terrorist group gaining the island filled with people.

But that would mean sacrificing his wife. He had already suffered the loss of his daughter, Blake. Losing the only person he has left would be. . .

"The clock is ticking, Ghira." Adam said annoyingly, pressing his sword more and more into Kali's neck.

"Okay, stop!" Ghira yelled at him, glaring at him. "I'll do it, just stop!"

Adam smiled, looking proud. "Good, now only thing to do is to schedule a speech."

Adam removed his sword from Kali's neck and she dropped to the ground, gasping for air. Ghira rushed over to his wife, wrapping her around his arms.

"Thank you for you cooperation." Adam said, before exiting the room. Leaving the broken couple, clinging onto each other, with nothing else but shattered hope.

Earth

Olivia groggily opened her eyes before yawning. She quickly began to blush as her eyes landed on Y/N's sleeping face.

But something more alarming was the fact that she was clinging onto him. She had never been this close to him before, let alone be able to hold him like this.

Calming down, Olivia quietly removed her arm and got off the bed. She stared at Y/N's sleeping face, and marveled at how peaceful he looked.

Smiling, she left the room and quietly closed the door behind her.

"You sleep well?"

Olivia flinched at the sudden voice. She turned her head around and glared angrily at her mom.

"Would you not sneak up on me like that after I just woke up?" Olivia grumbled. "I could have screamed, and Y/N's still sleeping. Can you imagine how annoyed he'd be if he got woken up by my scream?"

"Wow, you worry that much over a friend?" She grinned, making Olivia look away, lightly blushing.

"He's important to me. . ."