Chapter 12

"What do you mean you're not going to prom!?" Conny exclaimed, making Y/N wince and move his phone further from his ear.

He waited a few seconds before putting it on again, "It means I'm not going to prom." He felt something clinging onto his pants, he looked down and saw Zwei, looking up to him, giving him a begging look.

"Wait." Y/N whispered to him, making Zwei whine.

"But, I had a whole plan for us to do things together!" Conny said sadly.

"You can still go, Conny." Y/N told him, "It's just that I won't be there."

"No, it won't be the same if you're not there!" Conny said.

"Stop talking like that. We're not a couple." Y/N sighed, watching Zwei lay on his back.

"How could you not want to go to prom, Y/N?" Conny asked him unbelievably, "It's prom!"

"Yes prom. A day where people dance with people they asked out in dresses and suits, how exciting." Y/N said sarcastically, "It'd be embarrassing to not have a date, I have hope for you, but come one. Who would be crazy enough to date me."

"I already have someone for you." Conny told him, causing Y/N to chuckle.

"I have a feeling I won't like them very much."

"I have a feeling you'll like her, you like almost all the same things. Plus, she might be closer than you might think." Conny teasingly told him.

Y/N rolled his eyes and said goodbye before ending the call, he could tell Conny was disappointed but he was confident he would quickly get over it.

"Now, you." Y/N sat down beside Zwei and rubbed his belly, making the corgi happy.

"So, you do like him." Y/N looked up and saw Yang leaning on the doorway.

"Used to." Y/N said, "But he's way less messy than you guys."

"True." Yang walked over and sat beside Y/N, "But he wasn't so good when we first got him. Peed everywhere, I can still remember when Ruby used to always used to step on his poo, it was disgustingly funny."

"I see you also laugh at other people's suffering." Y/N glanced at her.

"Why yes I do!" Yang grinned, putting on a noble voice making her laugh and Y/N smile.

Silence fell upon them but it didn't feel awkward nor was it uncomfortable for the two. Yang glanced at Y/N's face while he rubbed Zwei's belly, a smile on his face, making Yang lightly blush at the sight.

"You look handsome when you smile." Yang muttered suddenly.

"What was that?" Y/N asked, making Yang blush in embarrassment at the realization.

"N-nothing! I- I just think you should smile more!" Yang laughed it off, but Y/N didn't buy it, but he didn't pester her any further.

Yang cupped her mouth with her hands as her mind went wild, contemplating her feelings on Y/N.

Suddenly, a loud crash was heard, immediately catching both of their attention. Zwei got up and his ears perked up in alert. Y/N and Yang got up and rushed out of the room, Zwei following them.

"What we're you thinking!"

"Hey, at least I tried!"

The two rushed to the sounds of the argument and saw Ruby on the ground while Weiss argued with her, Blake watched in the back. The ladder to the attic had been lowered. All of them turned to the newcomers and Blake jumped to Ruby when she saw Zwei.