Chapter 24

[Toronto, Canada]

"Money. Now." Raven threatened the innocent man who was splayed in the ground of the dirty alleyway, looking up at her in fear as she pointed Omen at him, her mask covering her face up. It had been a week since she arrived here; and she had learned a lot about this place.

"H-here—!" The man squealed, frantically reaching into his pocket and throwing his wallet at her. Raven caught it with ease, making her smirk under her mask.

"Thank you for your cooperation." She told him before she transformed into a raven and flew off into the night, leaving the man scared and confused.

Once she reached a high enough building, tall enough so that no one would be able to see her, she transformed once again.

Raven sighed as she took off her mask and sheathed Omen. She walked over to the edge of the building and sat at the ledge, looking at the bright city lights below, stretching as far as her eyes could see. It was beautiful.

She looked down at the wallet she held in her hand and owned it, skimming through the cash within. There were 3 100 dollar bills, a few 20's and one 50 dollar one.

Feeling content with her most recent robbery; Raven went to close the wallet. Until something caught her eye. A picture. A picture of the man, more specifically, posted inside the wallet. It was s picture of him... and his family.

He had a wife, a son and a daughter. By the way they looked, she'd guess there around 7-8 years old. Her mind flashed back to Yang... how she left her alone... she had put off the memory of her to continue being a proper leader of the bandits but... there were no bandits here...

She didn't know anyone. She was alone. Alone with her thoughts. She had always convinced herself that there was no other choice but... was there really not? Her mind fought, trying to continue convincing herself that she made the right choice but the primal instinct of being a mother within her fought as hard.

"I hope you're alright, Yang..." Raven whispered to herself sadly, feeling her eyes well up with tears as she looked out into the distance.

[L/N Household]

Y/N slowly stirred awake, his eyes opening to see the dull ceiling above him. As his brain started to wake up, he realized that he was alone on his bed. Weiss was no longer by his side.

He groaned internally, knowing this meant that she must've woke up before him. Meaning that she and Blake probably fought while he was asleep. Meaning that he had to help make things between them better...

He sat up on his bed and stared at the wall. His mind blank, as if it was still trying to relax before the inevitable yelling that he was gonna face. The room was dark, the only light coming from the moonlight seeping under the curtain of his window.

Steeling his nerves, Y/N got on his feet and walked to his door. He opened it and peeked out, seeing the dark hallway lead to the light coming from downstairs. He anxiously walked towards it, quietly stepping down the stairs.

And there it was... a loud yell coming from the kitchen. Y/N finally reached the bottom of the stairs, his feet touching the wooden flooring of the bottom floor. He made his way to the kitchen and braced himself as he peeked from the doorway, expecting Team Rwby fighting, broken plates, or even thrown knives.