Chapter 20

"You'll come back tomorrow, right?" Ruby asked him as opened the door.

"Of course. Just don't break anything." He told them, stepping outside. "Or else you'll be in the streets in no time."

"Hmph. As if trained huntresses like us would be so careless." Weiss rolled her eyes.

"That's a lot coming from someone who can't even wash plates properly." Y/N glared at her, making Weiss shrink.

"H-hey—!" She stammered while Ruby and Yang giggled quietly.

Y/N soon left with Ruby waving him goodbye until he disappeared from her view. She smiled to herself before closing the door.

"Honestly, how can he do that so calmly?" Weiss asked them as they walked back to the living room.

"Do what?"

"You know, insult us without care. He does know we can easily beat him up, right?"

"If we beat him up, wouldn't he just call the cops?" Yang looked at her.

"That'd also be really mean!" Ruby sternly told her.

They walked into the living room and all plopped down onto the couch.

"Ugh, I don't feel like I've eaten anything." Weiss whined, holding her stomach. "Does Y/N even know how to cook real food?"

"He said he was gonna cook us something good when Blake's heat goes away." Yang told them. "Said we have to behave to get it. A reward. Speaking of her, I'm gonna go check on Blake."

Yang left the room, leaving Weiss and Ruby.

"We're not children." Weiss said, before glancing over at Ruby who was happily browsing through YouTube on the tv. "Well, most of us. . ."

"Hey!" Ruby pouted. "I'm not a kid! I've done a lot of things you can't do!"

"Really? Like what exactly?" Weiss asked her cockily.

"L-like, erm. . ." Ruby rubbed her arm nervously, avoiding Weiss's gaze. "A-a lot of romantic things. . ."

Weiss was caught off guard. She stared at her leader, who had a huge blush on her face. She couldn't help but feel jealous, because she knew exactly who she did these romantic things on.

"W-well, I've done a lot of romantic things too!" Weiss stammered.

"L-like what?" Ruby hesitantly asked her.

"W-well, h-he's slept on my lap." Weiss shyly admitted.

"I- I s-slept with him!"

"Don't say it like that, Ruby!" Weiss blushed. "P-p-people will get the wrong idea!"

Ruby tilted her head to the side, confused as to what Weiss meant. "What?"

"Y-your such a child!"

"I'm not! I'm 15!"

"That still makes you a child!"

"Then how about Y/N? He's my age, isn't he?"

"W-well. . ." Weiss stammered. "H-he's more dependable! And he's more mature, that's why he'd never go for someone like you!"

"How can you say that?" Ruby gritted her teeth, glaring at her. "You don't even know what he likes!"

"I know a lot about him!"

"Like what?"

"Well, he prefers a smart, organized girl rather than a foolish, childlike one." Weiss said smugly.