Chapter One

chapter one // the breakup

──────────────────────────────────────────

It was a normal day. Well, at least it was.

I was peacefully having lunch, and then the love of my life, Levi Ackerman called me to his office. I was anxious, he's been ignoring me for the past few weeks ever since that successful expedition we had. So then I went to his office and.. This is what went down. 

Oh and what a hell of a day it was for me.

──

"Cadet L/N. My office." He called. 

Oh hell. At least let me finish my  food dammit! I thought as I took one last scoop of soup into my mouth and shoved my remaining bread into my throat. Stomping to his office, I angrily knock onto his door and yell.. "Okay! What the hell do you want? Let me finish my food, at least." I pouted.

"Now now, Don't put up a fit, I know you're mad over the fact I didn't let you eat your food." He rolled his eyes. Huh. He usually smiles when he rolls his eyes at me. I shook my head and sat on his office chair, spinning a couple of times before facing him.

"Soo.. You gonna tell me what's goin' on?" I tilted my head ever so slightly. 

"I'm leaving you." Three words. Three words that have hurt more than ever in my life. "Why?" I asked, trembling. Trying my best to hold back the tears that welled in my eyes. "Because Y/N, I love someone else.." He said. A tear slid down my eye. "So technically you cheated?" Trying to make myself feel better.

"Two months." He said. "With Petra." Levi added. 

Of course it would be Petra. That bitch. "Of course it was!" I laughed. "Anyways, Goodbye." I fashionably waved my hand, flexing my slender fingers. The other holding the door frame. "Wait Y-" He was cut off by me slamming the door shut.

"Of course it was her." Tears slid down my face as I wiped them. I head to the table where everyone was gathered. "Hey, Y/N. Are you okay?" Armin asked. I nodded. "Yo, Sasha. Can you go fetch me another round of food for me? Actually.. Can you double it?" I pulled a fake smile. She nodded in response.

It didn't take a while until I received my food and I rushed to my room, making sure not to spill a drop of my soup and a dingle crumb of bread. Tears continued to slide down my face as I opened my door. Hange.

"Oh my goodness! What happened, my love?" Hange took the trays of food and set them on the table. I collapsed into her arms as an endless ocean was pouring out of my eyes. She kept hugging me before asking what happened once again so I could collect my thoughts.

As soon as I calmed down, she handed me a tissue to blow my nose and a separate one to eat. "What happened?" She asked so lovingly. Hange was my best friend. She's been through everything with me and I feel awfully bad for not telling her everything about me.

"So.. He broke up with me." 

The words that had yet come out of my mouth shattered my heart every single time. Piece by piece I was being broken. "That little gremlin!" Her expression changed from concerned to rage. "How are you handling it so fa-" Before she could even ask I heard a knock on my door.

We both look at the door and then at each other. "Get into the closet! I'll cover for you." She whispered aggressively. "B-But my food! Hange!" I whispered back. "You can eat it later. Just go." She rolled her eyes as she pushed me to my closet. 

Hange opens the door and glares at Levi. "Is Y/N here?" He asked. Hange laughed. "Oh shorty! No she's not! I don't know where she wondered off, honestly. I haven't heard from her since this morning~" Hange said in a sing song voice. 

Levi looked over her shoulder and saw two trays of soup. He obviously knew I was here. "Give it up, four-eyes. I know she's in here." He argued. "I wouldn't lie." She rises an eyebrow, rage slowly filling her as she wouldn't want be to be discovered.

"Damn it Hange. I don't have any food in here." I grunted quietly in the closet I was so effortlessly shoved into. "Okay, go look for her and kiss her good when you see her. Okay bye!" She shut the door closed and locked it immediately.

Hange opened the closet door for me to fall out, as my back was on the door.. "Damn it!" I fell onto the cold floor, laughing. Hange stood there for a while and handed me my sweet, awaited soup and bread.

"Why thank you lady Hange." I gestured a small bow. "You're welcome, your majesty L/N." She did a more dramatic bow at me as I gracefully ate my food as a mere joke. "So.. Do you mind telling me more about how you two broke up?" She asked. I nodded.

"Well.."

EXTENDED FIGHT~

"Two years, Levi. Two years! You could've left when I wasn't so in love with you! " I yelled. He slammed a hand on his desk. "You were stupid! You didn't give me enough, you're vulnerable." Levi blurted. 

"Well, too bad! You just made me have even more trust issues." I stiffly gesture my hand move away from my face. "I honestly opened up to you! And perhaps after this fight you're going to spill your stanky ass mouth and tell all of your squad probably how terrible I am." I added.

"Y/N. Stop. It's not like that." 

"Yeah? Maybe It's not like that? It is what it is, Levi. I'm not giving out free chances. You're on your own, Captain. And it's cadet to you. I give you no more permission to call me Y/N, F/N, anymore."

"Y/N Just listen to me damn it!" He slapped me. I look down, clearly holding back my tears but keep them in and look back up with an evil smile. "Listen to you? And now you're hurting me? What a way to shut me up. I FUCKING CARED. I CARED, LEVI! I REALLY DID. WE CAN TURN THIS INTO A PHYSICAL FIGHT. I DON'T. CARE. You wouldn't be able to stand me at my maximum limits anyways." I smirk.

"I'll beat you up in training." I chuckled. "I doubt you will. I'm your superior." He rolled his eyes. "Not when I tell everyone you cheated on me." I hold the doorframe and shut the door.

"Goodbye, Corporal Rivaille."  

──

"Yeah, that's how it went. And we have training on Monday so I have no idea how the hell I'm gonna beat him." I look at the mirror in front of me, insulting every visible flaw ever so silently. I look back at Hange to find her wiping my tears that flowed endlessly whilst looking at me so lovingly.

"I don't know Hange.. I just feel so worthless." I looked up, only to look back at her. "But you're not, Y/N. You're pretty perfect!" She exclaimed. "Really?" I scoffed. "How?"

"Every word that has to do with pretty and perfect, then! Comely, Beautiful, gorgeous, efflorescence, fetching, glamorous, flawless, perfect, lagniappe, heavenly, attractive, ravishing, lovely, divine, charming, a literal knock out, exquisite, jaw-dropping, irresistible, delightful, stunning.. Yeah that's all I got." She nervously laughed and scratched the back of her neck.

"Aww. Hange. Thank you, I love you." I smiled, hugging her. I meant it as a friend, at least back then. "I love you too my little experiment!" She cuddled me but I cherished it so much as she was the only one who knew about us breaking up so far.

She let go and rubbed my back one last time. "I'll leave you alone to rest up, should I get you some food?" She asked, squatting and preparing to stand up. "Can we order some pizza?" I groaned as I longed for my dearest comfort food. "And I believe you'd like the usual?" Hange rolled her eyes. "Don't forget the tub of gravy, I need to dip my pizza in that. " She nodded and laughed as she closed my door carefully. 

Looking at myself was painful. What happened to the Y/N that was bold, one that was confident. One that.. they themselves thought they were pretty. 

Where is she?

──

March 02 - 03 2021

Hey everyone! How's the first chapter? It honestly breaks my heart to know that Levi cheated because after all, he is my comfort character. But i needed to add some spice to the story kdsknf -- I did some chapter planning ahead of time. And I just wanna thank you all for giving this story a chance to read<3

Words: 1477