Chapter Eighteen

chapter eighteen // what in the mannerism? 

──────────────────────────────────────────

"Hey, Analiese. How are you?" I sighed. "No, Hello! Hi, Ana!" 

"Hey?"

"..Ana.." 

"Y/N!" Hange called. I shifted my gaze towards her, who was just leaning on the door frame. "We got to go! Erwin and shorty has a little something to give us~" She sang; I nodded, tightening my harnesses once more and tying my hair. 

I wonder what they've got for us this time.. I pondered. "What if it's something for the ball? Do we get free expensive earrings? How exciting!" said she, in pure excitement. "I don't know, but I'm not excited knowing Levi has something to do with him." I said, looking around. 

"Don't worry! We'll be fine, come on. Let's eat." She galloped and I followed. Muffled chittering are heard from across the hall, little clanging of bottles and glasses, the fork against a bowl of soup. 

"Tch. You brats are late." said Levi the moment we came in. "Tch~ You brats are laaate~" I mocked with a fake sad face, some laughed, however, Levi didn't which is to expect. 

"Since the invitation to Wall Sina, and we have not the idea of respect or mannerism." He said, eyeing me as I roll my eyes and stick out my tongue. "Me and Erwin decided to gather the basic formal mannerisms and pile it here. Read it all and practice. Here you go, you little shits." He said, handing out one book from a person to another.

"Dude!" I mentally groaned, bashing my head towards the table. "Don't give that attitude of yours, Cadet. You need to learn some respect." He commanded. "I-D-G-A-F" I spelled as he passed me.

"You guys are acting like children! You have to girl up, Y/N! You two were over like months ago?" Petra whined as Hange nodded. "Whatever."

───

Lady's Mannerism
For Y/N L/N

Sit Properly
A lady must always sit properly. We cannot simply spread our legs if  unwanted attention from others is not needed to you. you may however cross your legs and put your hands on your leg, if not eating or if hands are vacant. 

You may also sit with two of your legs together, which is the simplest way to sit for most. Do not shake your legs, not jitter it around. This shows your nervousness, even if it is valid. Do not show it publicly. 

Keep Your Back Straight
You must always keep proper posture. A slouching position must never do! Stand tall, elbows back and relaxed, shoulders as well, keep it that way. A proper lady must know this.

The Lady's Closet
Every lady should own a dress for daytime wear, a slim pair of trousers and an evening gown. When in doubt, think simple and timeless. 

Stick with classic styles. Bows and tulle are flattering on everyone. Pastels go well with so many skin tones.

When it comes to accessories, less is more. Do not layer necklaces or belts. Never wear more than one ring on each hand.

Wear dresses and skirts whenever possible. Nothing announces a lady like a beautiful dress. 

A good pair of heels is a must for a any lady. A pair ballet flats may suffice when heels are not possible.