Chapter Twenty-Three

chapter twenty three // everlasting bloom

──────────────────────────────────────────

It was the next morning after the big ball, thing. Hange surprised me with a rather rare colored carnation. I was once again in the arms of my best friend, who had luckily still stayed with me till' now. Not physically, but emotionally and mentally. I could never be more grateful.

We put the long stemmed flower in a temporary vase, we were going to buy a plain vase today and paint it. The one we used is old and musty, we need something better. Something new.

Levi? I could care any less about him! I'm perfectly happy now, yet still learning to love children; Hange made me visit an orphanage every now and then to meet with kids. Even then, when Ji is born, I'll make sure they know that.. Family truly is about love, not blood. 

Even when this isn't Levi's child either, because they won't grow up with him. It'll grow up with Hange. 

That's the most important thing. Plus, Hange looks good in suits. She'll be the perfect wife, and husband at the same time.

I could not ever wish for anything different, I've seen a new side of myself. That is to appreciate what I have and how I am, in short; To love myself just the way I am.

Do we have special privileges for being best friends with the princess..? I hope they give us free luxury food, mm! Meat sounds delicious! Some nice wine, maybe a side of bread. 

My life is going well, currently. I hope it only goes better after the mission. Hange requested to capture some titans and leave it under our experimentation. However, that deal is risky, knowing how so easily carried away she gets.

I have to protect her.

───

"Wake up my looove! It's time for breakfast!" said Hange, shaking me awake. "Mmhh.. Five more.. minutes.." I said, groggily. "Come on! Just because we were up till' two in the morning doesn't give you an excuse. We still have training to do! I'm sure you can still kick ass even if you're carrying a child."

"Ah, whatever." I sighed, getting out of bed, Hange left me to do my business in the bathroom. Morning sickness, ew.

Getting ready was quick, I have already memorized how to put on my harnesses in a snatch of a wig. "Alright, little Ji. Ready to go?" I whispered to myself, and well.. Whatever is in me, I guess.

"Hurry! I'm hungrryyyyy!" Hange groaned. I rolled my eyes playfully and opened the door.

"Alright, let's go love" I smiled genuinely, she nodded. 

───

"Eren, do you like Mikasa?" I smirked, Mikasa's ears perking upward. "What? No!" Eren replied, Mika looking down in sadness. "You're so harsh. Then why did you give her a scarf? A scarf you put on for her yourself? A scarf that she obviously kept all throughout the years, if you didn't like her, you wouldn't let her keep wearing the scarf, then why?" I grinned, everyone around the table looking in shock.

"B-Because she's my best friend!" Eren said, "Sure." Hange smirked.

Things are well. I'm glad I did believe in at every dark tunnel, there will be a light that shines bright at the end. 

"Alright. Ten laps around the whole HQ, Just two laps for Y/N." Levi announced. Despite our differences in the past, at least he's still considerate about my child.

"You have it pretty easy my love. Enjoy your run!~" Hange waved, giving me a peck before starting to run around. I was used to a lot more laps, but I felt extremely tired halfway. It's normal the nurse said but it is annoying!

After a while, someone noticed. "Hey, sweet heart. You tired?" Jean said, pacing up to me. "Don't call me that." I replied. "Gee, pregnant lady hormones?" He chuckled, I gave him a deathly glare and he freely passed me, in fear.

Tch, men. I mentally rolled my eyes.

I finished my run and took a few wipes of my forehead. "Haa! That was pretty good." I sighed, Hange giggled and handed me a towel. "Seems you forgot we're gonna be painting today! Go take a shower, I'll be in the mess hall. We can watch the cadets do some hand on hand combat before we leave." 

I nodded, taking the fresh towel and heading to my.. no, our room and get some nice clothes. 

───

Just as I head out of my room, I see my Hange in a button up blouse, on top of that a cropped dark green jacket, with cargo pants and ankle-low boots. While I was in (Chosen outfit) 

"Ahhh! There she is! Come on now, we have yet the whole afternoon to paint~" Hange sang, I giggled and hopped on my horse.

"Alright, vase shop. I know someone who sells super cute vases, I'm sure they have plain ones." Hange turned to me, rattling (is that even the right word?) her horse's rein. "Onward!" We both yelled, our horses galloping out.

I looked around the area, a few shops closed. "We haven't been here in a while." Hange lightly gasped, getting down our horses and walking through the halls of the endless food vendors and.. finally.

"This is is! Come on!" Hange said, wrapping an arm around my waist. "Ah! Commander Hange. Welcome back, long time no see." The humble old man smiled. "Heya! We actually came looking for a plain vase, do you have some?" Hange replied.

"Of course we do, miss. Ah! Nice to meet you, is this the best friend you always talk about when you are here?" The old man said. "Girlfriend." Hange proudly replied, his face lit up and clapped. "Perfect then! I have a new plain vase you two will enjoy painting" He smiled, carefully bringing out a simple yet beautiful vase, the two handles on the sides looking like hearts when you would connect them.

"This is perfect, what do you say, Hange?" I turned to her. "Come on, Y/N! You don't have to be so shy calling me your nicknames in public. But yeah! I love it! How much would that be?" Hange said, turning back to the man.

He shook his hand, "Nah! It's on the house you two. I'll put it somewhere safe for your ride home." said he.

"Really?" I said softly. "Yep! Don't worry, here you go." He winked and we left with thanks, the chimes ringing as the door closed. 

"He's pretty nice." I said, grasping on the package tighter.

"Right? He's the old man to go! He has so many awesome stories." Hange smirked, kissing my forehead. "I guess we have a vase to paint now!" I exclaimed, she nodded.

───

April 30, 2021

Heya! Sorry for not updating so often, I'm pretty tight on schedule. Thank you so much for 3.5k! I never expected this, I only ever thought I would get 2k and that was it. I could never be more grateful, thank youu<3

So I am currently participating in an art contest that has to do with Zhongli~ I'll tell ya'll how it goes!

Words: 1196