𝐉𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐲

The next morning

Star

I was up extra early this morning. I have no idea why. Hue was gone.

Right now, I'm just chilling out waiting to go cause it's not time to leave yet.

Time was passing by so slow bruh. A whole fucking tortoise could be halfway around the world by now.💀

I just wanted to see my babyyyyy.

Minutes later

Yes. Finally.

I grabbed my bag and headed out the door. Hue bear here I come!

In class

"Alright class, today we will be working in pairs"

Oh god.

"I have already assigned your partners. So once I call your name, please move to where you partner is"

Please say Huey. Please say Huey.

"Star, your partnered with Miles"

Pain.

I was disappointed but I didn't let it show on my face. I looked at Huey, grabbed my stuff and moved.

I could definitely tell Miles was the "Bad boy" type. He would slightly look at me and smirk every now and then. I just ignored him.

I already know this is gonna be a problem.

"Huey, your partnered with Imani"

Ugh. Perfect. We're matched with the opposite sex. I wasn't worried though. I know that Huey will never do anything to hurt me.

"Okay class, you have 30 minutes to finish your assignment. Begin"

I looked over at Miles.

"Okay so, here's what I was thinking-"

"You one pretty bitch. And you thicc. Damn"

I made a face at him.

"Excuse me?"

"You heard what I said"

He reached out to touch my hand but I slapped it away.

"Yeah, but I shouldn't have. Listen here dipshit, I have a boyfriend, and he's in this classroom right now. So if you value your life, I suggest you cut the bullshit and leave me alone so we can get this over with cause he doesn't like sharing me"

"Yeah, yeah. Ight, ight"

"Good. Now here's what I'm thinking...."

I explained to him all the details necessary for the assignment. He seemed to be taking it seriously. I think.

I don't know how or why, but by the end of this project, he had me laughing.I really didn't know why. Miles seemed like a totally different person.

I looked over at Huey and he was watching me intensely. It kinda made me scared.

I straightened up.

"Anyways, we're finished, so we're free to do anything we want"

"I don't have anything to do. You?"

"No. Not really"

"Then stay. Let's talk"

"I can't really I-"

"Come on. Just for a few minutes?"

I sighed.

"Alright fine. Only for a few minutes"

"Thanks"

"Don't mention it"

Just get me out of here. I can feel Huey's eyes blazing down on me and god it's terrifying.

At the house

Oh my god, I'm so glad that today is over. I know Hue is coming over so, I unlocked my window since he can't well, "won't" use the front door.

I layed down and turned on my side. I felt something pulling on my cover. Astro. That was his way of asking to get up on the bed with me. Of course I didn't resist.

I picked him up gently and sat him on the bed with me. He did his little puppy yawn.

"You need a nap to huh Astro?"

He started licking my face.

"Okay! Okay! Okay! I love you too!"

He claimed his spot beside my neck and went straight to sleep.

"For a puppy Astro, you sleep a lot. I don't blame you"

I petted him gently and closed my eyes hoping to take a nap.

The window opened and closed.

But unfortunately, I couldn't do that.

I turned towards him and he sat down in my chair.

That's weird. He never does that.

"Hey Hue bear. You okay?"

"No. Not really"

I sat up and put Astro in my lap.

"What's wrong?"

"Your partner is what's wrong"

"You mean Miles?"

"Yeah. Him"

"Well, what about him?"

He crossed his arms.

"Nothing about him. He just made you all giggly and I didn't like it. That's supposed to be my job"

"Ah. I see what it is"

I got up, put Astro down, and went over and sat in his lap.

I smiled at him.

"You're feeling jealous"

"Very"

"Awwww, you don't have to worry my love, I'm not gonna love anyone else but you, that is a promise"

He smiled in response and hugged me, and I hugged him back.

After a few seconds, we pulled away.
He went back to his normal self.

"I still don't like the way he looks at you"

"Hue!"

"What? Can you blame me? How would you feel if Imani was looking at me like how Miles looks at you?"

"I guess I would feel jealous"

"Exactly my point. I'm supposed to be the one looking at you like that. Not him. You're mine. And I don't like to fucking share what's mine""

"Well, if it makes you feel better we could switch partners. Or be partners"

"That's better"

"I'll see what I can do tommorow"

"Good"

"Wanna go to the park, Hue?"

"It's not like we have anything else to do, so yeah"

I grabbed my phone, board, leash, and everything I needed to take with me.

"Carry Astro for me"

He picked him up and we went downstairs, heading out the door to the park.