𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐄𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐲

Star

Monday Morning

I think I got up an hour before school. The good thing though was I already had my clothes together for school.

I was still kinda tired though. More like a lot.

I went into my bathroom and did my usual morning routine.

---------------------------------------------------------

I closed my bathroom. I got a quick whiff of something. It smells like... Eggs and Bacon.

Auntie's up! Oh my God yes! I love her breakfast in the morning! But what's she doing up this early in the morning?

She never up this early. Never.

I went downstairs and heard talking.

"Morning Star! You're up early!"

"Morning Auntie. I could say the same thing. Also, who are you talking to-"

All of a sudden, I felt arms wrap around my waist. I gasped and slightly jumped.

"Am I early enough?"

I recognized his voice the second he started talking. I turned around and jumped up in his arms.

He laughed.

I didn't let go for at least a minute or two. I started giving him kisses all over his face and landed the final kiss on his baby-soft lips.

God I missed this.

I broke the kiss and ran my hands through his hair.

"I missed you so much Hue bear"

"I missed you too love"

He sat me down and I looked back at auntie. She was cheesing like crazy and she had THAT look on her face. Oh no.

"Awww, my babygirl is growing up. You guys are so cute together. When am I expecting grand nieces and nephews from you two?"

A look of both embarrassment and shock hit my face at the same time. In pretty sure it hit Huey too.

"Auntie! I'm only 17! Besides, I don't know if Hue even wants kids"

"I never said I didn't"

I gave him the "Not helping" look.

"How old do you think I was when I had my children?"

"Like in your 20's?"

"No. I had them when I was 17. Their father was 18"

"Damn it, auntie"

She laughed.

"I'm not saying it has to be now, but I want some grandnieces/nephews soon~"

"Ugh. Fine. Whatever"

"Here. Breakfast is ready. Huey, here is your smoothie"

"Thank you, Ms. Davis"

"You're welcome"

I looked at the clock. It's 8:30?! Shit! I gotta get ready!

"I'll be right back! I gotta get ready!"

I left from the table and ran upstairs into my room.

---------------------------------------------------------

I quickly threw my outfit on, shoes, perfume and everything else on. Okay. Last. My hair.

I went into my bathroom and grabbed my brushes and comb.

I looked in the mirror and did not like what I saw.

MY HAIR LOOKED LIKE A FUCKING HAYSTACK!! AND HUEY SAW AND DIDN'T TELL ME!!

Damn. It's gonna take a while to get through this. I'm gonna have to go with my fro for today till I can actually figure out what I'm gonna do with my hair.

I brushes throughly and roughly to try to get it how I wanted.

After a few minutes, it worked. I never realized how big my fro was. It literally almost covered up my eyes. It had volume. Lots of it.

Lastly, I threw on some lipgloss and looked at myself one more time in the mirror.

This'll have to do. I grabbed my bag and went downstairs.

---------------------------------------------------------

Huey was standing by the door waiting for me. A look of shock crossed his face when I stood in front of him.

"What? Is there something on me?"

"No. It's just.... you're wearing your afro"

"Yeah. Is it bad?"

"No no.... It looks..... good. I'm just surprised your wearing it because you usually have your hair in a bun, or a ponytail or it's straightened"

"Oh yeah. Well I didn't have time to straighten it, and I didn't feel like doing a ponytail not a bun so I just when natural"

"That reminds me.... Why didn't you tell me my hair looked like a hot mess this morning? I looked in the mirror and my hair was a fucking haystack!"

"I didn't think it mattered that much? Besides, I kinda liked it"

"You liked it?"

"I did actually"

"Hm. Never would've thought of that. Anyways, it's time to go. Come on bubba!"

"Right behind you babygirl"

We left out the door and started walking to school.

Today's gonna be a good day.